Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Milly Tavish

As the Chaos ships blow up in the void, Milly jumps up and down clapping her hands and cheering, "That is what I'm fething talking about!" she slaps a random bridge officer on the back, "like I said, you win the battle in the void, and the battle on the ground is a wash, though with Chaos they probably got like portals or something, but either way, we own the skies!"

She reaches to the Com panel and flips a few switches, opening a com channel with the Imperial forces, "Admiral Raikov, this is Millicent Tavish, scion of house Tavish and captain of The Vile Harlot, glad to have a good fight! Have your fire control officers link with mine here on the Harlot, your folks on the ground know the best places for orbital support, coordinate fire."

She then closes the channel, "Alright, let's go cut those poor bastards out of that Chaos hulk, make sure to keep one side facing planetside for providing fire support." A smile creeps onto Milly's face, there was nothing better than a good void fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Ash

Ash follows his ladys orders, and coordinates with the IG on the ground. Contacting a Lieutenant Dan, he receives co-ordinates around the LZ to fire on the attacking forces center. He brings The Vile Harlot closer to the planet and takes an orbiting position as he orders the battery crews to fire. Plasma bursts designed to crack open mighty ships seem comically large as they splash onto the surface.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Combat
Sunstorm paints the Hellbrute closest to L'oreal whilst letting loose a missile barrage that clears a 30 meter section of the forest, along with a six man squad of noise marines. Though it insured their crisis team had line of sight, it came at the worst possible time for 1st Platoons Stormtroopers. Having no time to get their bearing during the mass teleport, they emerge into a cacophony of shrieks, screams, and sonic attacks that leaves only 8 of their 40 alive. The Librarian Pyriel casts a curse upon the northern hellbrute who is unable to move forward, hate being the only thing keeping the guns moving. L'oreal jumps forward after dodging the blast of a Plasma Cannon and unloads his Fusion Cascade on the hellbrute at close range, causing the twisted nightmare of a machine to explode. The pilot within smiles as he dies knowing he is finally free of that goddamn living tomb. L'oreal turns in time to see the other hellbrute lined up on him, both arms carrying massive twin-linked autocannons. And nothing happens. It's unable to fire and beats its gun barrels on the ground, the pilot screaming in rage at his helplessness.

Fury Interceptors fly overhead, Killboys at the lead and they strafe the woods. The fire is ineffectual due to the top cover and they zoom past, inbound for the missile base. 3rd Platoon elements join the battle from the southeast, about 80 meters behind Pyriel.

Killboys Big Day Out
Flakk missiles shoot up in the sky and Killboys Squadron breaks off lest they be shotdown. Only Killboy presses forward. Before he knows it he's punched through two separate sets of blast doors, his fury interceptor somehow still intact cause all the boyz know that fighta-bommas blow up after landing. And then, right on schedule, his fury explodes underneath him and sends him flying, ejection seat punching him into the ceiling and back down again. When he awakens, he finds himself by the wreckage in some sort of tunnel area.

In orbit
Admiral Raikov thanks you for saving their bacon and asks you to help recover the "Wrath of the Omnissiah", the Lunar class that rammed the Hellbringer. You are also invited to come aboard to discuss the situation in Alagar and what in the thrones name the Harlot is doing here. Amirault is teleported onboard the cruiser to get a firsthand look at the situation. Raikov's ship uses its Nova Cannon to take out the Capital of Maza and targets are transmitted to your ships. They are all cities in the enemy held territories or within the perimeter of LZ Zenzunne. They are also not precise. Gunnery Officer Jameson says he needs an Auspex sweep to be sure the strikes are surgical.

Fire Never Dies Alone
Amirault teleports into the middle of chaos. Damage control teams are putting out fires throughout the ship, there are multiple compartments cut off by voided sections. Armsmen are still reporting contact with chaos forces who are counter boarding the ship. There's also some twisting monstrosity that's rampaging and proceeding to the engine room. How do you wish to help?

All Players now have 2 FP minimum, frajaq spent one.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 5, 2014

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Killboy

Faced with a sudden awakening as he was, Killboy reacted as any good ork might. Hopping around in confusion and firing both sluggas wildly in all directions, he's disappointed when they fail to krump anything. Somewhat calmed by the familiar sounds of gunfire, he pauses to engage in his other favorite relaxation tool, shouting. "You gits gonna' get in 'ere or am I gonna' 'ave to krump the lot of 'em," he demands over the microbead. "I already opened that door for you runty idgits, now get movin'."

Heedless of the numerous lacerations and shards of jagged metal embedded in his flesh, he takes off at a run away from the burning wreckage that so often marks his passing. Bolts of energy firing out at anything moving, standing still, or otherwise shootable.

pre:

WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel
40	50	50	70	60	30	30	40	15
4	5	5	14	6	3	3	4	1

Wounds: 12/25
Fate:   2

Armour: 5 Head, 5 Body, 3 Arms, 4 Legs

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Niana Sunstorm

"Excellent shot." That was one of the Chaos "battlesuits" down. The other was too far way for her to hit with her own fusion weaponry, but that was alright. She had other things she could do.

"We'll keep them off your back if you can stop the launch." Sunstorm sends the newcomers. They were closer, and more importantly didn't have as many enemies between them and the goal.

Even as she spoke, she stepped forward and locked in a new set of targets.

Moving forward enough to have line of fire to the southernmost chaos marines, as part of my full auto attack. Shooting one missile pod at them and the other at the group with the hellbrute.

TN 155, like last time. First, vs the top group:
14:26 imouto Esser-Work: 64 (1d100=64) Enough DoS to hit the maximum of six times. Still radius 3m, aiming primarily at the marines right by the hellbrute--I think I'll overlap onto the dread, but it might not reach the third marine. If I can spread enough to hit him with a couple I will. Pen 6.
Hit 1 14:29 imouto Esser-Work: 14 (3d10+5=4, 4, 1)
Hit 2 14:30 imouto Esser-Work: 23 (3d10+5=9, 5, 4)
Hit 3 14:30 imouto Esser-Work: 21 (3d10+5=6, 6, 4)
Hit 4 14:31 imouto Esser-Work: 22 (3d10+5=4, 7, 6)
Hit 5 14:31 imouto Esser-Work: 27 (3d10+5=7, 10, 5) Righteous fury! 14:32 imouto Esser-Work: 58 (1d100=58) hits, so I roll damage again! 4:32 imouto Esser-Work: 23 (3d10+5=5, 10, 3) Another 10! 14:32 imouto Esser-Work: 25 (3d10+5=7, 5, 8) for a grand total of 75. I think that's enough to hurt the hellbrute!
Hit 6 14:33 imouto Esser-Work: 20 (3d10+5=7, 5, 3)

Now, against the south set! Still Pen 6, and I can hit both of them with all the missiles!
4:34 imouto Esser-Work: 4 (1d100=4) Six hits.
Hit 1 4:34 imouto Esser-Work: 25 (3d10+5=7, 3, 10) RF 14:34 imouto Esser-Work: 89 (1d100=89) hits, 14:35 imouto Esser-Work: 12 (3d10+5=1, 1, 5) total 37
Hit 2 14:35 imouto Esser-Work: 25 (3d10+5=8, 4, 8)
Hit 3 14:35 imouto Esser-Work: 14 (3d10+5=2, 4, 3)
Hit 4 14:35 imouto Esser-Work: 19 (3d10+5=5, 5, 4)
Hit 5 14:36 imouto Esser-Work: 23 (3d10+5=10, 1, 7), RF 14:36 imouto Esser-Work: 27 (1d100=27) , more damage 4:36 imouto Esser-Work: 18 (3d10+5=6, 5, 2) total 41
Hit 6 14:36 imouto Esser-Work: 21 (3d10+5=6, 4, 6)

I deal +2 critical damange.

My shield drone moves up with me--if I fail to dodge an attack, it will block it with its 40 rating energy shield.

My marker drone hangs back and tries to mark the surviving dread:
14:38 imouto Esser-Work: 90 (1d100=90)
It does not.

EDIT: Per IRC that dread was dead, but it failed anyway so whatever.

I have 15 armour and 15 wounds. I've also got two dodges with a 110 rating each. 2 fate points.

Ammo at 48/72 for missiles.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 6, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Miriam Quinilli

When Gunnery Officer Jameson asks for more detailed augury scans of the planet to target the ongoing orbital strikes, Miriam nods and turns to the man a few stations over. "Master of Etherics Ögonen. Get your people to work, make sure the gunnery officers get what they need." Trusting that the auspex officer knew his job, Miriam heads for the teleporter room, voxing the navigator's chambers on the way. "Master Dickus, excellent work on getting us here, and it appears our early arrival has yielded pleasant results. I knew we could count on you. Please do keep an eye on the witch augur while we're engaged with the recovery operation."

Arriving in the teleportarium armed and armoured, she has to stop the magos operating the archeotech facility from sending her to the battle on the planets surface. "Take me to the bridge of the Pride of Merov. Admiral Raikov said he wanted to talk."

Ordering our NPC Master of Etherics to do the augury scans, and Dickus to keep an eye on the warp.

Going to go talk with the admiral.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Tibus

Tibus teleports in...somewhere. He didn't particularly care. He was a MAN ROBOT ROBOT MAN with a mission. A very important mission. The mission of getting some goddamn nukes for DANSHO. Because she's the only one responsible enough to handle such weapons with reason and care.

He slashes through some cultists. Ugh just look at these pathetic meatbags. Slash. So easily corruptible Stab. Disgusting really. Just proves how right he is of course. Insert screams here. The techpriest examines his internal maps and readjusts his course, heading right for the missile base.

Uhhh yell at me if you need stuff rolled idk

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bumping this to remind you this is still alive, I'm gonna be updating this within the next 72 hours. Honestly I'm gonna try to motivate myself to do it later today. Lets see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Shutting this down cause I'm overwhelmed and also gay.

• Locked thread