Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i can't believe it i've just seen the OP in costa coffee, he looked fat and depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Abandon posted:

i can't believe it i've just seen the OP in costa coffee, he looked fat and depressed

And?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I've just heard that gaming was legalized in Colorado, maybe this movement will spread to the rest of the united states and we can once again game without fear from the authorties

quote:

These are high times indeed for the state of Colorado and state lawmakers who will rake in $2 million in taxes across the first month from videogame and console sales. Over the first month, Colorado saw over $14 million worth of legal games sold.

Gaming tourism and Colorado residents have cozied up to the new law like it was a bag of Doritos after an all night gaming sesh. That is excellent news for Colorado, lawmakers and other states who are looking to follow suit as well as the federal government.

What isn’t calculated is the amount Colorado has saved in prosecuting individuals for possession of videogames or the man hours and money saved by police officers who no longer have to treat possession as a major offense or sales of Mountain Dew Code Red.

With so many cities and states facing the fiscal crunch and some, like Detroit, filing for bankruptcy, it would make a lot of sense to legalize videogaming and turn it into an asset rather than a detriment. It won’t solve every problem these states face but it could free up tens upon tens of millions of dollars.

Taxes aren’t the only positive to take away from this. There is also the possibility that young men and women won’t have criminal offenses on their record, possibly prohibiting entry into colleges, the military, or from getting jobs. This could allow for thousands of young men and women to be free from fighting the stigma of criminal possession of a Ps4 or Wii U and allow for them to have a freer path to their future rather than being punished for life in one form or another for what might have been a dumb mistake of playing an Xbox One.

There are more positives with the legalization of gaming than negatives. More states will likely see measures on future ballots as people begin moving away from the stigma of videogames.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg is happy.

Gooth
Jul 9, 2012

Makes the world taste good!
Jail?! This is jail?! The sign out front said "The Ethan MacManus Church of Gaming"!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

my body may be in prison but my mind is inthe mushroom kingdom, hyrule, liberty city, tamriel, the citadel, azeroth. i cannot be chained

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I am a Gamer. Not because I don't have a chin, but because I choose to have many.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

im free in this world-- this pokemon world

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
can i smoke weed without losing my job over it yet

have we gotten to that point yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
at the Wal-Mart I used to work at three or four guys all went out to the parking lot during lunch break and smoked weed in their cars. everyone knew about it and no one cared, including the managers

so yeah if you want to work at a really apathetic wal-mart just stop doing weed long enough to pass the first mandatory drug test and you're good

• Locked thread