Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Nivaine,

Sully twitches- tenses - relaxes. "I wish, Niv. it's too early in the morning still! Especially for a substitute teacher. Do you know what happened to Sharon?"

A casual answer. Seemingly innocuous, to someone without the ability to analyze biometrics with a touch.

For you, it is obvious that he had to actively fight the urge to perform violence upon being surprised. Someone used to doing it, if surprised. Why?

Take a string.

Ray,

That isn't an appropriate use of hold steady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
It isn't? Oh. Can I just have Ray storm out anyway?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

S.E.R.A.F.I.M. unit 616 // Dorothy
Hot 1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 0 | XP 4 | Conditions: Hunted, Judged

While I was not ungrateful for the technician's aide - a lack of familiarity with him notwithstanding - my mother's disappointment made me burn fiercely with embarrassment. How was I supposed to know Yanelle had problems with that bodyguard? That was not my fault. I want to ask her why, though. It was supposed to be a fun night. Not... not whatever it turned out to be.

And as if things had not been bad enough, Nivaine is waiting outside my door. "Good morning," I answer curtly in kind, and though my faked friendly face wavers slightly as she coyly alludes to last night, I maintain it. "I do not have adventures, really. My evening was...it was alright. Nothing special." I start walking away. The gun is still with me, as much as I hate it. I can not disappoint mother again by leaving it behind.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4, Exp 1/5, Conditions: Shallow, Drained, rear end in a top hat, Busybody

Another morning.

I stare out the window, as I often do, and catch myself in the middle of a big yawn. It's not that I feel tired, it's more like a force of habit. Like I'm supposed to be yawning right now. You know what I mean.

I stare some more, as an itch of irritation starts to crawl up my back. What am I supposed to be doing right now? There's something I should be doing... not just spacing out.

An image of Porter lying in bed flashes into my head. Ugh. drat jerk.

I let out a quiet, tired groan as I look around and try to find something else to think about. I try to concentrate on what's outside. There's... just the same drat cityscape I'm used to staring at all the time. Skyscrapers. Roads. The sea. Weird cars. You've seen all this before, Chris. You stare out this window all the time.

I whip my head around and look back around the classroom. First thing that catches my eye is Ray, acting all kinds of twitchy. Not twitchy like then, but... Dammit I need to stop thinking about all the crap that happened yesterday.

"God..."

A nostalgic pain seeps into my head, crawling into every empty crack that must be in there. The smell of medicine wafts into my nose as well. It's stuffy and suffocating. Immobilizing. A thousand awful feelings start to remind me that they exist. They remind me of things I haven't felt since the past.

...That's what Porter's feeling right now, isn't it? He's stuck in the hospital just like you were. The pain's bad, but it's not even the worst thing, is it? It's being alone-

I sigh loudly, and cut off that train of thought. Dammit, I'm going to have to go visit Porter again, aren't I? That jerk better appreciate it.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Hot+1, Cold+1, Volatile=0, Dark-1
Harm 0/4 | XP 5/5

Then...

I fall into step beside Dorothy, and fend off a spike of annoyance at the height my designers chose for me as I have to hurry to keep up. How irritating that's she's taller than me.

"Oh, so you and Yanelle get into fights every night? How's the arm, by the way?" I smile as sweetly as I can. "It looked like it hurt, getting it bent that way. All the way around, wasn't it? You can see it snap in the video. It's almost as painful to watch as seeing that man's head bounce off the payment when Yanelle goes after him."

I tilt my head, considering. "To bad her friend didn't stay to help her..."

I thought I had a sheet for Strings but can't find it. If Dorothy has one on Niviane, I'd like to remove it; otherwise I'll get a String on her.
Shut Someone Down [+Cold]: 2d6+1 11

-------

Now...

"Oh, a bit jumpy this morning, aren't you? Maybe we should go and get you some coffee between classes." I lean towards him, maybe a little closer than strictly necessary. "I've been wondering about Sharon myself. While we're getting you some caffeine, we could look into it..."

I watch Sujatha and Erin out of the corner of my eye.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evie Keltham/EV-13
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: Blamed, Fragmented

Kprime posted:

And finally, Evie...

You have a date. How does that make you feel, right now? Do you want to tell anybody? If so, who? If not, who do you really, really not want to find out?

it's not a date. right? so i don't

i don't have any reason to worry about ma'am or Dorothy or Dr. Finch or anyone they'll they'll think i'm weird i don't i shouldn't tell anyone

and i don't have any reason to

to get my hopes up, right?

no reason to dress up, no reason to hope for something to remind me of

i'm just

it's just a thing to do.

right?

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 14, 2016

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Annnnd we're back

Well, sort of.

I'm having a bit of writer's block and I'm too lazy to go find the OOC thread.

Please include in upcoming posts or otherwise let me know some things you'd like to see happening in the school coming up for your character! I feel like I may have lost the plot on a couple of you a bit and I want to get back on track!

Sharon arrives and class begins posthaste.

Or that's what should have happened, anyway.

She seems.. distracted.

Usually, class with Sharon is a goddamn Panopticon. She stops misbehavior before it even begins. But today, Sullie is whispering to Erin, Nivaine is still hanging by Dorothy- what on earth is wrong?

Where is all her processing power?

"glory to the new flesh."

..did you all just hear that, or were you imagining things? And who said it, under their breath? It seemed to come from thin air.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark -1
Harm 0/4, Exp 0/5, Conditions: Simple Minded, Terrified, Pissed Off, Paranoid

I can hear Sharon booting up through the door as I start to walk away. About loving time.

...you know, I wanna hear her take the roll-call. Last week she was always so prim and sanctimonious about it like it was some kind of weirdo ceremony. I wanna hear how she reacts not just to me blowing her off but to me playing AWOL. Maybe she'll blow her power supply or have a breakdown! I lean in by the door and wait for her to say "Ferras, Ray" with that authoritative air.

"glory to the new flesh"

...or she could just...not bother taking roll at all. What the gently caress is she talking about? This isn't loving Drome's doing, is it? Is "new flesh" talking about us or what?!

loving hell, class might be interesting after all. I settle down by the side of the door, paw a bit at my neck, and press my ear against the door frame. And as I settle down, I feel myself take a good long sniff. Got anything else to say, teach?

Okay, what's going on here? What happens if I Gaze Into the Abyss?
[23:49:01] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6-1
[23:49:02] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 6-1 = 5...nothing good, I'd wager.

"glory to the new flesh"

Wait, who said that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evie Keltham/EV-13
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: Blamed, Fragmented

no idea if this is still a thing but #yolo i guess

What? and i should feel--i should feel *safe* and content but something about it just stirs up this mindless *panic* in my chest and--

Evie's up with a start, doesn't even try to gather her things. "I, I um, I need to, Ineedtogototheinfirmary--"

Aaaaaand Evie tries to Run Away.

Roll(2d6)-1:
2,6,-1
Total:7

Going to pick 'run into something worse.'

• Locked thread