Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought it was the D&D thread. Certainly not a shortage of Liberal flag-waving in a thread where the government is turning out to be the result of Progressive policies. I forgot only Progressive viewpoints matter, what with most of the corners dedicated for lefty causes. Countering my view points with left-leaning sources is enough to prove me a liar because it was used against me.

How are Progressive policies helping the poor anyway? Two more years and the gap in income from poor and rich are accelerating thanks to people like you.
scalding coffee noooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

california roll posted:

deus ex is a documentary

about illegal aliens

Dec 26, 2012

man thats pages ago chill

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can get the crossbow and sniper rifle before you even go into the statue. Otherwise I think the first GEP gun is in a tower at the airport.

yep

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i dont think i've ever tried to do a rifles-based game in deus ex and go in guns blazing etc. because i just remember the shotgun being useless as gently caress and the machine gun being pretty useless except for the grenade launcher. i don't think i've ever put serious points into heavy either because you don't need to for occasional use. and the flamethrower and plasma gun suck rear end

i should play it again and force myself not to do the usual nerdy pistol/low tech/hacking/lockpicking poo poo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
invisible war is worth playing

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

invisible war is worth playing

pffffffahahahah :cawg:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's not the original by any means but it's worth playing through once even though it's the series' bastard child

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
invisible war was... okay.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Abandon posted:

i dont think i've ever tried to do a rifles-based game in deus ex and go in guns blazing etc. because i just remember the shotgun being useless as gently caress and the machine gun being pretty useless except for the grenade launcher. i don't think i've ever put serious points into heavy either because you don't need to for occasional use. and the flamethrower and plasma gun suck rear end

i should play it again and force myself not to do the usual nerdy pistol/low tech/hacking/lockpicking poo poo

Put a laser sight on the "assault rifle" and it becomes pin-point accurate regardless of your skill in rifles. If you get to master it does 4 damage instead of 3, which allows you to kill everything except MJ12 commando's and WiB/MiB in a single 3round burst, if you get the targetting mod, you can kill everything except Gunther and Simons in 1 burst. Also you can silence it for lols.

The shotguns are good too, but even with all your augs, on realistic you are too weak to take much damage meaning that every fight at close range is a coin flip. Also you already have the best close-range weapon, the Dragon's Tooth.

Oh also at master the sniper rifle can destroy camera's, alarm panels and turrets in one hit, and even the small security bots in like 3?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

invisible war is clunky and dumb but you could do worse I guess

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the crossbows in IW are hilarious because guards get alerted but they can't get to you so they run around in circles while they slowly die from poison/fire

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
sorry for what your thread became op

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Minrad posted:

sorry for what your thread became op

It became something better than what it began as.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The automatic shotgun (Otto's Shotto, for those of us who are "cool ex," as DX fans say) is really good and will kill commandos and MIBs very quickly. If you get master rifles it works at a long range and you can take on big groups with it.

Dec 26, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

Put a laser sight on the "assault rifle" and it becomes pin-point accurate regardless of your skill in rifles. If you get to master it does 4 damage instead of 3, which allows you to kill everything except MJ12 commando's and WiB/MiB in a single 3round burst, if you get the targetting mod, you can kill everything except Gunther and Simons in 1 burst. Also you can silence it for lols.

The shotguns are good too, but even with all your augs, on realistic you are too weak to take much damage meaning that every fight at close range is a coin flip. Also you already have the best close-range weapon, the Dragon's Tooth.

Oh also at master the sniper rifle can destroy camera's, alarm panels and turrets in one hit, and even the small security bots in like 3?

the laser sight bug is i think with every weapon that can take the mod but yeah

im pretty sure you can one-shot gunther at least with the sniper if you have enough rifles, simons idk because he doesnt pop up in a convenient enough way to check but there are way funnier ways to kill simons anyway

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I think I've been able to one-shot Anna before she can talk to me, but never Gunther, that requires a second bullet.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like throwing emp grenades so anything bipedal books it in terror even if they're not augmented

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only true way to deal with Anna is setting up an explosive mine at the airplane entrance

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

I think I've been able to one-shot Anna before she can talk to me, but never Gunther, that requires a second bullet.
I stand outside the room, bounce a LAM into his corner to flush him out, then blow him up with a GEP rocket. He'll run away from the LAM and then straight toward you to try to initiate dialogue.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pomp posted:

The only true way to deal with Anna is setting up an explosive mine at the airplane entrance
I don't even remember how to get her killword, I've done this so many times now.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't even remember how to get her killword, I've done this so many times now.

I think you have to look on two different PCs in UNATCO headquarters, hers and Manderley's. I think?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

I think you have to look on two different PCs in UNATCO headquarters, hers and Manderley's. I think?
It's definitely better to blow her up in the plane and say something like "Splatlander Woman, heh."

Dec 26, 2012

Pomp posted:

yeah

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Hey I'm about to play DX again after like 8 years, I want to play the Nameless mod I think that is the good one, also what is the mod that updates the textures?

I found New Vision, but is there a better one?

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

deus sex human gayvolution

• Locked thread