Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
capmtal
Sep 10, 2014
I suppose a sweet roll would be considered a donut? or a cronut(donut/croissant)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

capmtal
Sep 10, 2014
oops this was actually a reply to a different post

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm a fan of sweet rolls. I know it's super lazy but I rather enjoy the Pillsbury cinnamon bun thingies with the orange-flavored cum.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The orange ones taste like dish soap. Regular is OK though, you can do worse.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

The Midniter posted:

I'm a fan of sweet rolls. I know it's super lazy but I rather enjoy the Pillsbury cinnamon bun thingies with the orange-flavored cum.

It's better to make your own sweet rolls so you can use real cum rather than that artificial poo poo.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I guess it could work as a thickener, kind of like egg whites (or blood)?

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Norwegian sweet buns:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Those are the main reason I have cardamom in the house.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Mulefisk posted:

Norwegian sweet buns:

Are those actual buns, or aebelskiver?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Midniter posted:

I enjoy the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, too.

I imagine I could make way better but it'd be like when I made better Macaroni and Cheese than Kraft. It's just tampering with my childhood.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Archenteron posted:

Are those actual buns, or aebelskiver?

Looks like buns to me.
For a bit of random local color: Norway, and especially Oslo, has an unusually large number of kiosks (7/11 - style). Both those and the gas stations sell massive amounts of buns. The largest kiosk chain has a "coffee and a bun" offer that's been going for years, and the gas stations are trying to outdo each others with things like chocolate/caramel buns and name-brand chocolate chunks (to go with the "free coffee fill-ups for the rest of the year"-cups, no doubt.)

Also: Aebleskiver (Æbleskiver) - "apple-slices". (And that's Danish, anyway - they're "munker" up here. As for what a ball of dough has to do with either apple slices or monks, :iiam: )

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 12, 2014

sharkattack
Mar 26, 2008

8bit Shark Attack!

Computer viking posted:

Looks like buns to me.
For a bit of random local color: Norway, and especially Oslo, has an unusually large number of kiosks (7/11 - style). Both those and the gas stations sell massive amounts of buns. The largest kiosk chain has a "coffee and a bun" offer that's been going for years, and the gas stations are trying to outdo each others with things like chocolate/caramel buns and name-brand chocolate chunks (to go with the "free coffee fill-ups for the rest of the year"-cups, no doubt.)

Also: Aebleskiver (Æbleskiver) - "apple-slices". (And that's Danish, anyway - they're "munker" up here. As for what a ball of dough has to do with either apple slices or monks, :iiam: )

I think this is what was being referred to: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/ebelskiver-filled-pancake-pan/

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

That's the right hardware and the right food product - but they managed to spell it wrong. (Eple is cognate with apple, and shares the bl/pl sound in the middle.)

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Oh wow, I've wanted one of those pans for ages but could never find one! I want to make poffertjes with it. They're a sort of sweet puffy yeast-based pancake, but I've only ever seen them made in street stalls or vans in a giant tray like this:

and the poffertje vans very rarely visit my area, only once or twice a year when there's a continental market on and the Dutch stallholders visit.

Roelosaurus
Jun 5, 2014

More croissant than donuts in my opinion.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
While in town the baker gives you a sweetroll. Delighted, you take it into an alley to enjoy only to be intercepted by a gang of three other kids your age. The leader demands the sweetroll, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it. How do you respond?

-Drop the sweetroll and step on it, then get ready for the fight.
-Give him the sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you.
-Act like you're going to give him the sweetroll, but at the last minute throw it in the air, hoping that they'll pay attention to it long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

While in town the baker gives you a sweetroll. Delighted, you take it into an alley to enjoy only to be intercepted by a gang of three other kids your age. The leader demands the sweetroll, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it. How do you respond?

-Give him the sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you.
-Act like you're going to give him the sweetroll, but at the last minute throw it in the air, hoping that they'll pay attention to it long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader.

This is now a GBS CYOA thread.

> Act like you're going to give him the sweetroll, but at the last minute throw it in the air, then go Super Saiyan.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Where's the option for "genuflect and hope I don't get beat up today"

flesy
May 6, 2007
y=mx+b
are sweet rolls like honey buns because those were my poo poo in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca2Nw0XHOjU

• Locked thread