Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
This thread is for discussion of those weekly fantasy competition sites like Draftkings and Fanduel. They use auction-style drafts where you can pick any players as long as they fit under the cap. It's pretty cool and addicting. I was actually sorta surprised there was no thread devoted this here.

I'm on Draftkings, and while I'm not sure if this is the case with Fanduel, there are like hundreds of competitions every week, so while in theory we may be helping out the competition, there's more than enough money to go around. I figure if anyone else plays - or just wants to help - we can put our heads together and come up with winners. Also we could set up private head-to-head weekly things between goons if we want?

Ispent $45 on entries last week and won back $35, so I'd like to turn this franchise around. To build my rosters I look at one or two games that I think will be high-scoring and drafted primarily from those teams. Last week was ATL/NO and PHI/JAX. I'll probably do that again, unless anyone has a better strategy. Here's my preliminary lineup for a PPR game:

QB: Andy Dalton, 7,500
RB: Gio Bernard, 6,300
RB: Justin Forsett, 5,000
WR: Michael Floyd, 6,000
WR: Anquan Boldin, 5,300
WR: Reggie Wayne, 4,500
TE: Larry Donnell, 3,000
FLEX: AJ Green, 8,200
DEF: 49ers, 3,200
Remaining: 200

I'm hoping Forsett gets most of Rice's snaps. 9ers at home against Chicago should get some INTs/sacks even if they give up points. TE is a shot in the dark, but with $200 leftover a lateral move is prolly all I could hope for. Any input would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Awesome idea.

I've got this on FanDuel:

Rodgers, Forte, McCoy, D. Thomas, G. Tate, M. Wheaton, T. Kelce, J. Brown, Bucs for a 50/50 and GPP

Locker, Vereen, Forte, J. Hunter, K. Benjamin, K. Wright, J. Thomas, M. Nugent, Texans in 2 GPP's

For 50/50's I tend to go with picks based on FGB recommendations and tables, GPP I just kinda have fun with it and play around.

edit: I love Boldin as a play.

edit2: For some reason this stuff is normally called daily fantasy, even though I agree it's weekly...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Its Miller Time posted:

Locker, Vereen, Forte, J. Hunter, K. Benjamin, K. Wright, J. Thomas, M. Nugent, Texans in 2 GPP's

I really like Locker and Wright this week, just have a suspicion those two are gonna combine for a ton of points. Benjamin's the only name on here that scares me a bit - Cam might not have the same rhythm with him if he starts, and even if it's Anderson I dunno how much you can trust a rookie WR's consistency.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
FanDuel really pissing me off right now - it seems to be down and I want to switch out Mike Floyd!

• Locked thread