Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Steam page posted:

Congratulations! You’ve been accepted as the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented birds! Roam the halls and find love in between classes as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest pigeon high school. Finding happiness won’t be easy, but it’s not all academic - there’s always time for a little romance in this delightful remake of Hato Moa’s popular visual novel / avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend!

Please Note: No birds were hurt in the making of Hatoful Boyfriend. In fact, many found love.

This game is good and you guys should play it.

So I date birds?

Yeah, you become friends with birds. They're all cool guys, except that rear end in a top hat Dr. Iwamine (who is worth dating still.)

So this is a remake, what's different about it?

There are more typoes, mostly. Also the font is different and there's a new ending. The font is nicer. That's something.

Which bird is the best?

Kazuaki.

Should I date the other birds too?

Yes.

poo poo, how much money do I need to play this awesome game?

:10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Go back to the Smash thread, nerd

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mach2 posted:

Go back to the Smash thread, nerd

Okay, but only if you promise to play Hatoful Boyfriend.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Should have added Archimedes for a TF2 cross promotion

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

qnqnx posted:

I've never played Team Fortress 2, who's Archimedes? Is he a cool bird?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

alcharagia posted:

I've never played Team Fortress 2, who's Archimedes? Is he a cool bird?

A medic's pet pigeon that likes to get into opened up bodies mid surgery

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I played through this the other day, and got the ending where sakuya runs away from home and you convince him to become a musician. good poo poo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

qnqnx posted:

A medic's pet pigeon that likes to get into opened up bodies mid surgery

There's a guy who likes to open up bodies in this game so I agree, that would be a good thing to have.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Schnedwob posted:

I played through this the other day, and got the ending where sakuya runs away from home and you convince him to become a musician. good poo poo.

Awesome! I recommend multiple playthroughs, as you unlock more of the game and get more endings.

Be sure to go back and get that ending again but with lower Charisma stat, because it counts that as a separate ending and you need it for the final epilogue. It's kinda dumb.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i'm glad we're finally seeing some real Gamer Content here in the Imp Zone

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Glad to provide, y'all.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

alcharagia posted:

There's a guy who likes to open up bodies in this game so I agree, that would be a good thing to have.

Pigeons are all insane look at their little beady eyes

This game has potential new friend and i am glad to have it here in Imp

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Widestancer posted:

Pigeons are all insane look at their little beady eyes

I have good news then! There is also a quail and a partridge. I do not know how you feel about those kinds of birds but they are both good, except that rear end in a top hat Dr. Iwamine. (He's the partridge. His theme song is the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies. He is a ninja surgeon)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

alcharagia posted:

I have good news then! There is also a quail and a partridge. I do not know how you feel about those kinds of birds but they are both good, except that rear end in a top hat Dr. Iwamine. (He's the partridge. His theme song is the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies. He is a ninja surgeon)

The Quail stands heroic

The partridge brings good fortune in the pear tree

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Widestancer posted:

The Quail stands heroic

The partridge brings good fortune in the pear tree

The Quail is a hero! Kazuaki does great work in teaching his students about math. Much math. It's like he always says that one time, "Integral calculus is like educational candy."

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
no tits, not playing

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

alcharagia posted:

The Quail is a hero! Kazuaki does great work in teaching his students about math. Much math. It's like he always says that one time, "Integral calculus is like educational candy."

And differential calculus is...

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

grate deceiver posted:

no tits, not playing

The blue footed booby would disagree

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

zen death robot posted:

I read the thread title "Hateful Boyfriend" and expected a totally different kidn of game to be in the OP, I'm sort of relieved that I was wrong but also a little sad.

I don't know what you mean exactly but there is a route the game calls "Hurtful Boyfriend" so if you like pain, that route might be your jam.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Hatoful Boyfriend confirmed for EVO.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

metricchip posted:

Hatoful Boyfriend confirmed for EVO.

EVO organizers getting paid off to put in inferior games once again. Should've been Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, the game for real OGs.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
But can I bang a bird

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i have watched about 5-10 minutes of this game and while the initial premise is kinda funny it doesnt look like seem like the humor extends past that

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Vargs posted:

i have watched about 5-10 minutes of this game and while the initial premise is kinda funny it doesnt look like seem like the humor extends past that

it's actually a legit good game that uses the "everyone is bird's" concept to make actual plot intrigue sometimes. it's not (entirely) a joke game. well that's not true, it's a joke game that does the genre better than most actual examples of the genre

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

I would have definitely bought this for that,.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

i unironically love this bird game and I don't care who knows. okay I do care please keep it quiet

Dec 26, 2012

SeXReX posted:

But can I bang a bird

yes buti m not sure if you can in this game. farewell

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't think you can bang most birds irl either actually. the parts just don't fit

Dec 26, 2012

love will find a way. dicks, too

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

I don't think you can bang most birds irl either actually. the parts just don't fit

my microdick will prove you wrong

stay tuned for updates

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

we need more bird-centric video games. this is non-negotiable

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

It doesn't say that the bird has to survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I try not to play dating sims because I'm not a weirdo, but have fun romancing birds I guess, OP.

• Locked thread