Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Dahmer was just some withdrawn kid until he started drinking and couldn't stop killing. He just wanted to make a friend out of his victims. All he was trying to accomplish is dissolving the part of their brains that would tell them to stay away.

Beltway :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im really cool

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

serious norman posted:

Andrei Chikatilo

Sorry comrade but there are no such thing as serial killers in the USSR, they are only a capitalist problem.

Dudes!
Apr 24, 2012

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
What is one serial killer compared to an evil society that is infatuated by them?

Harlan Ellison - Prowler in the city at the edge of the world.
http://will.tip.dhappy.org/blog/Com...he%20World.html

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ted Bundy, if only because he was executed in my hometown.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

At least you guys are less hosed up than the wierdos obsessed with gamergate.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oldstench posted:

Serial killers aren't cool. They're killers, and therefore assholes.

That being said, here are the two coolest:

1) The Servant Girl Annihilator. Reason for being cool - He was called The Servant Girl Annihilator and that's a cool name.
2) The Axeman of New Orleans. Reason for being cool - After killing about 8 people (with an axe, natch) he wrote a letter to the local newspapers in which he stated

That night all of New Orleans's dance halls were filled to capacity, and professional and amateur bands played jazz at parties at hundreds of houses around town. There were no murders that night.

actually they ARE cool

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

One of the coolest was the original night stalker (not the Ramirez guy, that is) in California who had an interesting evolution from burglar --> rapist --> killer/rapist :mario:

He would stalk couples, and once he made himself known, he would put a stack of plates on the back of the husband who would be on all fours, then rape the wife in another room. He made clear that if he hears the plates falling down, he would kill both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdElYnd-xMo

He committed some 50-100 rapes and at least 10 murders and never got caught :sbahj:

But one theory is that it's the guy in the heavy jacket who attended this "town meeting" for concerned citizens about the killer-rapist in the neighbourhood

Bolivar has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Sep 29, 2014

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bolivar posted:

One of the coolest was the original night stalker (not the Ramirez guy, that is) in California who had an interesting evolution from burglar --> rapist --> killer/rapist :mario:

He would stalk couples, and once he made himself known, he would put a stack of plates on the back of the husband who would be on all fours, then rape the wife in another room. He made clear that if he hears the plates falling down, he would kill both.

He committed some 50-100 rapes and at least 10 murders and never got caught :sbahj:

But one theory is that it's the guy in the heavy jacket who attended this "town meeting" for concerned citizens about the killer-rapist in the neighbourhood

Don't post my picture.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolivar posted:

i bet this guy is out there killing and raping still. somewhere

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Giving extra credit for trolling everyone while they were at it.

and

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Issei Sageawa shot and ate a girl, did a few months in prison, then went on talk shows to discuss what kind of girl he'd like to eat next (the first one was dutch)

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

John Wayne Gacy was pretty smart for a fat clown. Before he started killing dudes he was sent to prison for 10 years for raping teenage boys (while he managed 3 KFCs and made a poo poo-ton of money) and was such a model prisoner he got let out after 18 months. He was also surprisingly good at getting victims to shut up and authority to trust him. Gacy had tons of jobs and seemed a really shrewd businessman despite only getting his high school diploma late in life, and rose to the top of any social club he was in pretty quickly. Even the clown thing was a philanthropic effort designed to bolster his reputation as a pillar of the community. He also read law books and constantly called for appeals while in prison for his murders in an attempt to prevent himself getting executed, and might even have succeeded if his crimes weren't so horrible.

He probably shouldn't have been choosing victims mostly from the pool of "teenage boys who worked for his DIY business" though.

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe
Albert Fish

quote:

"Grace sat in my lap and kissed me. I made up my mind to eat her. On the pretense of taking her to a party. You said yes she could go. I took her to an empty house in Westchester I had already picked out..."

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

That has changed since I read it many years ago, still disturbing but not as. It was really hard to read and stuck with me with his recants of Cannibalism.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You guys have your modern serial killers, that you think are all that, but me, I'm all about the old school, and that's why I gotta throw my lot in with good ol' Jack The Ripper

He really knew how to tear things up, ha ha, like whores, seamstresses, all the classics, he really was a go getter

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe
The Green River Killer.

Body count: unknown, possibly 2x more than the convicted 49.

This one interested me because of a creepy story I've got to share with you all now:

I was in the USAF, stationed at McChord AFB in Tacoma, WA 1981-1984, during the GRK's heyday. Even back then, I was interested in serial murderers, and one of my comrades-in-arms was apparently quite fascinated, because he confided in me once or twice that he was the killer. You see, he had a part-time job at KOMO-TV, one of the major news outlets reporting GRK's crimes .. so he had access to details before they showed up on the TV news. He never had me totally convinced, but the guy's fascination with this kind of crime, and his imitation of James Huberty's mode of dressing on the day, and his weapons list, did have me convinced that he was totally bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
bump

• Locked thread