Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

john cena's body will give out well before another decade of a full schedule

Luigi Thirty posted:

Isn't Cena both 38 and beat to poo poo?

I don't think you 'get' John Cena

Can't stop, won't stop

WWE will exploit him to sell merch to kids until his bones are ground to dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Rusev owns and I love his selling. I became a big fan following his second PPV match with Swagger, in which he was selling an early ankle lock for the entire match, including a bit where he couldn't properly apply his finisher due to the pain, and then later in he applied it properly (because the modified one didn't work before) but was obviously in a ton of pain the whole time, and looked relieved as hell when the ref called for the bell. I'm pretty sure he hobbled up the ramp and he was still selling the ankle the next night on RAW.

Then you have Cena, who can withstand a bunch of kimuras from a former UFC champion the size of a truck, and continue on like it's nothing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Daniel Bryan posted:

WWE: Wheelchair Wrestling Entertainment

I remember once back in 96/97 Bret Hart was in a wheelchair for whatever reason, so a pissed off Stone Cold brought a wheelchair to the ring, sat down in it and yelled,"WHO WANTS TO SEE A WHEELCHAIR MATCH!?! :mad:"

It was me. I was the one who wanted to see the wheelchair match :sweatdrop:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I look forward to the "I can has Hustle, Loyalty, Respect?" shirt to commemorate Cena's 20th title win in early 2016.
This, but unironically

Well I mean ironically but I'd still probably buy it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like the Rusev stuff because it keeps ending with Russia destroying America and American pride. Mark Henry was crying actual tears last night before the match and Rusev still won. I have no idea where this is supposed to go, but I have a theory that it is Vinnie Macs secret love for Russia, and obvious love for Putin. Also anytime Lana comes out is a plus.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Solomonic posted:

Somebody made a video about Cesaro signs getting taken down or some poo poo it doesn't matter because they made the inexplicable decision to have like two straight minutes in slow motion and the commentary now sounds amazing.

I wish Jerry Lawler always sounded like a drunken Bill Cosby.

I am laughing hysterically. My stomach hurts.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't think you 'get' John Cena

Can't stop, won't stop

WWE will exploit him to sell merch to kids until his bones are ground to dust

Oh no, I know he won't want to stop until his body literally falls apart.

We want Sting :smith:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Solomonic posted:

Somebody made a video about Cesaro signs getting taken down or some poo poo it doesn't matter because they made the inexplicable decision to have like two straight minutes in slow motion and the commentary now sounds amazing.

They all sound so anguished.

We need to watch an entire show this way somehow.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Glad Santino's keeping busy.. I think.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Solomonic posted:

Hahaha oh my God they sound so drunk :allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The fact that he immediately announced his retirement after his neck injury means his gym is probably doing fine.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

The fact that he immediately announced his retirement after his neck injury means his gym is probably doing fine.

Isn't he considering coming out of retirement though?

His first segment coming back "Bring out the Terry Funk Meter!"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah he just said recently that his neck surgery went better than expected and he's looking to come back when he's recovered

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Dexo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu8t8yL3INw

Damien Mizdow is pretty much second best thing this company has going for it.

He needs to come out with a toy Intercontinental Title.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shine posted:

Rusev owns and I love his selling. I became a big fan following his second PPV match with Swagger, in which he was selling an early ankle lock for the entire match, including a bit where he couldn't properly apply his finisher due to the pain, and then later in he applied it properly (because the modified one didn't work before) but was obviously in a ton of pain the whole time, and looked relieved as hell when the ref called for the bell. I'm pretty sure he hobbled up the ramp and he was still selling the ankle the next night on RAW.

Then you have Cena, who can withstand a bunch of kimuras from a former UFC champion the size of a truck, and continue on like it's nothing.

A kimura that broke the COO's(and 13 time world champion) arm. Which makes it worse.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

john cena's body will give out well before another decade of a full schedule

:smith:

But I don't believe this, he has easily got another decade in him

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

DrVenkman posted:

As a Brit, it's because THIS GUY HATES AMERICA AND THIS OTHER GUY IS INSULTED BY IT is loving boring. It's a feud that means nothing, they might as well be arguing over who has the best car. Those type of feuds just feel outdated now, and what happens once the run with Henry ends? He still hates America but there's yet another guy who really loves his country?

I don't think I've ever seen a disagreement actually solved by a wrestling match. Maybe "I am a better wrestler" but even then you can make up some excuse for why you lost.

I can see why the patriotism angle is a turnoff, especially if you're not from the country in question, but it's an easy story for a crowd to get into and has been since the early days of pro wrestling.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Solomonic posted:

Oh wow I am actually crying with laughter, I didn't expect this to be so funny. This needs to be a recurring thing

Edit: Also I watched NoC tonight, and I feel like that main event helped no one. Everyone involved came out of it looking kinda bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hello, I hope someone can work on a WWE Discussion thread and post it after Raw! I fell asleep accidentally haha

• Locked thread