Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
yospos
This poll is closed.
bitch 5 19.23%
bithc 6 23.08%
wat 5 19.23%
catte 10 38.46%
Total: 10 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

timb sAYS no poors allowed: http://www.cultofmac.com/296255/gold-apple-watch-edition-set-back-whopping-4999/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
anyone have the jailbreak for this yet, tia

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

lol the only citation is gruber's guesses

internet "reporting" at it's finest

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
okay well if it's really made out of gold, that's a realistic price. it's sort of weird for apple. their stuff is more on the expensive side, but i never remember them making some special luxury item. it's also weird to me that they just didn't make on that was a gold color like the iphone 5s. in the end, wouldn't the demand for it make more money than a product that's actually made out of gold and costs a ton more?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

lol the only citation is gruber's guesses

internet "reporting" at it's finest

exactly i can't take this seriously

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

okay well if it's really made out of gold, that's a realistic price. it's sort of weird for apple. their stuff is more on the expensive side, but i never remember them making some special luxury item. it's also weird to me that they just didn't make on that was a gold color like the iphone 5s. in the end, wouldn't the demand for it make more money than a product that's actually made out of gold and costs a ton more?

theyre still selling the poors edition starting at $349

real gold is going to make it a status item like their stuff has never been before, but they'll still get the volume from the masses buying the aluminum one

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

DarkJC posted:

theyre still selling the poors edition starting at $349

real gold is going to make it a status item like their stuff has never been before, but they'll still get the volume from the masses buying the aluminum one

okay that's good and i guess that's okay. i don't think they are really singling anyone else out by doing this and it's kinda cool imo

e: but also dumb because this thing is going to be obsolete in 5 years and isn't a timeless piece of jewelry like other watches

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

"porsche design" is either like, yeah just take the first gen 911 and like add some new type of headlight bulb and change the interior a lil. and for technology its like "yeah just make it kinda thin and use brushed aluminum".

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

except everything porsche design is hideous and the gold apple watch is beautiful

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

exactly i can't take this seriously

reminder that his greatest accomplishment is being the ideas guy for a lovely ios note app

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

okay that's good and i guess that's okay. i don't think they are really singling anyone else out by doing this and it's kinda cool imo

e: but also dumb because this thing is going to be obsolete in 5 years and isn't a timeless piece of jewelry like other watches

i agree with gruber that apple will offer a program to swap out the guts for newer guts to address this issue

carry on then posted:

reminder that his greatest accomplishment is being the ideas guy for a lovely ios note app

he invented markdown which is pretty legit

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
iwatch still looks tacky as gently caress

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Fabricated posted:

ml ur av

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

you like my watch?
its apple

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
lol apple

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Fabricated posted:

hmmph! that's a little over generalized for all the styles that apple offers i must say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
$5k watch is for rich China ladies, not round-eye computer janitors

• Locked thread