Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yilduz
Sep 17, 2014
This post isn't about hardware specifically, but I've looked around and this appears to be the best place for this question. If not, I'll just use the standard excuse - "It's my first day."

Anyway, I've been looking around for a toolbox/organizer for computer parts. I'd like something that was either designed for computer parts, or at least appears to have had computer parts in mind during the design. Basically, I want something that can maybe hold a psu, a place for spare fans, a good place for drives, but also spots that make sense for drive rails, zip ties, thermal paste, sata cables, all the different little screws, mobo spacers, etc. Everything I find is either very fragile, only meant for small things, or just kind of "throw all your crap in the big bucket area". Also, I'd like it to be normal toolbox size, not like a mechanic's 5-foot tall monster. I want something I can carry around. Any time I find one that looks promising, the reviews are absolutely terrible. I've been trying to find a good place to ask this sort of question, and a friend guided me here.

Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You're probably never going to find exactly what you want.

Draw up some plans in google sketchup. Concentrate on the drawer dimensions. Then find a local cabinet maker and have him put it together including the drawer pulls. Save a few bucks and stain the wood yourself.

• Locked thread