Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I sure do like Castlevania OP. But only SotN and beyond, the old school ones never really tickled my pickle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i'm on a castlevania kick because october i guess and i saw on the wii u eshop that they put up harmony of dissonance and i was like that is incredibly my poo poo so i bought it and circle of the moon and i'm happy with these events

also i'm with the guy above, metroidvania is where it's at

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Circle of the moon is a good game and grinding for cards is way more rewarding than grinding for souls

IGA and pals intentionally put in good places to farm the rare ones

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Why grind for cards when you can just do a super easy glitch to access any of them?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

thuly posted:

IGA and pals intentionally put in good places to farm the rare ones

You mean like the second and third to last levels of the no-magic combat gauntlet?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Those are special. I was thinking like jaguar.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A replay of Harmony of Dissonance has only left me with new complaints. They do too much restrictive poo poo to keep up with the "you shouldn't know about there being 2 castles yet" conceit. You don't get access to most warps until you're almost done with the game since they wouldn't want you to accidentally stumble on new castle areas, and there's a good stretch after the first warp from one castle to another where save points are put in stupid places too far apart, and then you come across the really dumb castle designs due to stuff being unnecessarily blocked off twice over (like with a locked door and a breakable wall, or a locked door and super jump).

Mind you the game is still fun, it just seems like they kind of force you to get 200% before you're in a position to beat the game since you're manually going all over the place instead of being able to take advantage of warps.

Granted Juste is the most agile motherfucker in the series but that just ends up getting me into trouble more often than not. I kept dying in spectacularly stupid ways because I kept sliding everywhere and taking small chip damage on enemies I'm wanting to skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
my favorite castlevania is rondo of blood, welp that's my castlevania post

• Locked thread