Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dean ambrose?
he rules
oh my he's so good
I love him
want to kiss him
View Results

• Locked thread
AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

I liked that PPV, it had some good matches. I'm OK with a gently caress finish every once in awhile. Lesnar got a clean win last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

Then go with whichever you'd rather have on your statement, unless you don't have $60 sitting around for some reason.

The recurring is probably a little better for me for reasons I won't get into but thanks for the info buddy :)

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Only caught the last hour, the title match was a good match that felt like it was just getting going when Rollins ran in. Hopefully the inevitable blowoff in the cell is the brutal war I think that Cena and Lesnar are capable of.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Spikeguy posted:

The crazy thing is I'm reading the Death of WCW book again, and I got to the part where it goes on about all the gently caress Finishes at the end of every Nitro, Thunder and PPV including the biggest show of the year Starcade 97. I'm not saying my reading of this cursed tome was a catalyst for tonight's events, but I am saying I have burned the book and buried the ashes.
Thank you, that's some Evil Dead style bravery fighting that cursed book!

This night was typical WWE shenanigans, great great match up until they threw it out the window too. Just let Brock wrestle some other people, c'mon WWE. Let The Beast rampage through some other folks, Cena needs a vacation.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Heavy Metal posted:

Thank you, that's some Evil Dead style bravery fighting that cursed book!

This night was typical WWE shenanigans, great great match up until they threw it out the window too. Just let Brock wrestle some other people, c'mon WWE. Let The Beast rampage through some other folks, Cena needs a vacation.

But who could Lesnar fight now?

Hmmmmm. Perhaps... Mark Henry and The Big Show?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I want Damien Sandow: Stunt Double to go on forever

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Basic Chunnel posted:

I want Damien Sandow: Stunt Double to go on forever

I want him to become a stunt double for increasingly less plausible people, like Brock Lesnar, Mark Henry, and AJ Lee.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Hmmmmm. Perhaps... Mark Henry?

nah gently caress that loser he is a failure to every american

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Shima Honnou posted:

Hmmmmm. Perhaps... Mark Henry and The Big Show?
I'd say throw anybody at him, and him being the dominant monster heel champ would be it's own attraction. Let people wonder if anyone can beat him, then hopefully something like Bryan returns at the Rumble and beats him at WrestleMania.

It is true they're lacking in over babyfaces with strong pushes going at the moment though. Brock seems to be a strong attraction, so he's like the quasi-babyface who people would tune in to see beat everybody. A heel you want to see. Even him versus Rollins would be memorable, though heel on heel.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Miz is the duck from US Acres and Sandow is the smaller duck on his life preserver. This is the best wrestling thing ever.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Bummer that people are so down. Don't like gently caress finishes but Ambrose isnt going to stay back unless his movie is done so now we've got a nice combination of conflict between Authority, Cena, and Heyman. Parallel is the authority Brie angle so I hope it means we get a nice set up later.

Personally I'd really like Batista to return and HHH to give him and Orton, who both complained about getting a title shot post mania a triple threat match vs Lesnar where they both get demolished by him.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

they're nowhere near that level of desperate.

If they were they wouldn't keep disappointing people with their tread water parity booking and would have the motivation to put together something other than a glorified Raw each month for PPVs

The network failing might be the reality check they need to stop half assing it

But it won't be, they'll just half rear end it with some other venture

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Thought it was a pretty good show. Had a few people over who normally don't watch, and they liked some stuff, and disliked some stuff. They need to push MIZ as a top bad guy. His Hollywood dickhead thing is hilarious.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I got home late and was watching the matches everyone's recommending.

Sheamus/Cesaro kicked all sorts of rear end and was the only time I actually said holy poo poo out loud because gently caress those guys are good. And usually Sheamus puts me into a comatose state.

That women's match was also surprisingly good, even the Bella looked solid! I'm not quite sure I understand the whole AJ/Paige dynamic yet, or why they're bouncing the title back and forth between them. Still, their matches keep getting better, even though the plot is completely incoherent/absent. Also, I can't help but think that they wanted to put the title on the ostensibly face AJ because heels hold every title except the US (and possibly the tag titles although who knows what the gently caress the Dusts are) and we can't have too many heels with belts.

Brock/Cena had several moments where I thought it was gonna be CENAWINZLOL which was a cruel thing to do. It was a better match than Summerslam, but nowhere near the spectacle. And it made Brock look weak and Cena look strong, which is dumb as hell. Why would they loving have a match that cools off the loving nuclear heat that Brock has? Cena certainly doesn't need the rub. I hope that in their cell match Brock is super dominant again because otherwise the value of ending the streak has been significantly reduced. And the finish sucked poo poo, it was not what was expected and significantly worse, except for Brock selling the curbstomp hilariously.

Also, Titty Master is back and now there is a reason to watch wrestling on TV again. Hooray!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Brock took like 8 finishers and was on his feet by the end of the show. He doesn't look weak.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

Brock took like 8 finishers and was on his feet by the end of the show. He doesn't look weak.

HE'S CRAWLING AWAY!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it was a more even match than last month but brock still dominated the majority of it

Roshi
Sep 25, 2002

Somebody from CC wasted $10 on a guy who does not give a shit what they think, so I'm re-purposing it because I'm too lazy to come up with another one.
Let's see here:
Solid opener, get ready for a very wierd title reign with the Dust Brothers.
Sheamus/Cesaro was great.
Miz/Ziggler was brought down by all shenanigans/ Florida Georgia line on commentary. Last month's match was much better.
Ambrose rules. My parakeet was going nuts during this section, so he thinks so too.
Rusev wins zzz....
Jericho/Orton MOTN easily.
Divas much was good, and Nikki even pulled her weight, amazing.
I turned off during the main event, glad I did!

My real problem is the endless "DIET DEW! $9.99! DIET DEW! $9.99!" It really drags down what would ordinarily be decent commentary. Is the WWE really that hard up for cash?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I thought it was a very good PPV with no bad matches but the gently caress finish to end the main event killed it. Rollins took the mantle of dumbest man in wrestling by not waiting for the match to end before cashing in, and by not beating down Lesnar with the case, AND by not brining any authority backup to help him. What a cop out. I have a feeling the main's ending was changed after Reigns' injury to send the crowd home "happy" but whatever.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Roshi posted:

My real problem is the endless "DIET DEW! $9.99! DIET DEW! $9.99!" It really drags down what would ordinarily be decent commentary. Is the WWE really that hard up for cash?

They lost a trillion zillion dollars because of how good the savings on the Network are ($9.99? That's crazy savings!), so now they have to cut things like decent commentary to make up the difference.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

I thought it was a very good PPV with no bad matches but the gently caress finish to end the main event killed it. Rollins took the mantle of dumbest man in wrestling by not waiting for the match to end before cashing in, and by not beating down Lesnar with the case, AND by not brining any authority backup to help him. What a cop out. I have a feeling the main's ending was changed after Reigns' injury to send the crowd home "happy" but whatever.

Yep that poo poo reeked of Vince. I thought NoC wasn't bad, just really boring overall.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Just watched the Ambrose segment (which I was spoiled on) and the main (which I wasn't) since my internet died after the US title match. I honestly think I might've preferred a loving Cena vicotry after that bullshit.

Ambrose segment was great though and the first two matches were good. The US title match was probably the most I've been entertained by Sheamus in years.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 22, 2014

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Ok, my thoughts on the PPV.

Having the belts on the Dust brothers... pretty cool. Definitely could be cool if the crowd hates/loves them. I think it's great to see the Usos finally drop the belts, and to a team of guys who everyone thought was kinda washed up... decent match, but nothing spectacular. Would have preferred a couple better spots, and the match didn't flow smoothly enough for my liking but I like having the belts on the brothers, and can't wait to see what kind of reign they get.

Cesaro/Sheamus : Really good, and I dislike Sheamus. I still feel Cesaro is being way underutilized, and I'm hoping that Reigns going down for a few months will force them to push some midcarders up who ARE ready (Ambrose and Cesaro mostly) even if it is just for Brock fodder. I think the WWE crowd, and lord knows the internet crowd, would like to see some new talent in the main event spots.

Rusev : Blah. THey're building him up to the unstoppable monster... and for what purpose? He hasn't even sniffed a belt yet. Yeah , the ultimate will be when he gets the US belt(c'mon we all see this coming), and then the patriotism and the anti Rusev crowd will be in full swing.... but after that, what do we get? I wouldn't mind seeing him in the upper mid card battles , but I fear when the Lesnar/Cena show is over, Rusev is gonna get fed to Cena... and that'll be that.

Ziggler/Miz : Whatever. No one enjoys watching the Miz and the crowd loves Ziggler. Unless these two put on some 5 star matches over the new few months, all this did was tarnish the belt.

The Divas : This match was very entertaining, but felt very disjointed... Nikki did hold her own for the most part, but she also probably di dnt' belong in there... and there was no Brie or Authority interference, so I'm not really sure where they're going with this. Was very happy to see AJ win, as she and Paige are going to have a great program, and I feel this will be a lot of back and forth belt swapping, that was so common in the attitude era. I wouldn't be surprised to end this feud with them both being 6+ time winners of the belt.

Orton/Jericho : loved the match. Glad I got to see Jericho end this tour proving he can still go a full match and put on a show. Orton was the perfect opponent for him to go out against. My only beef is that we called the top rope RKO before he even started climbing. It was too obvious how it was going to end.

Main Event : I hated this match. I feel it's been, poo poo, YEARS since WWE has had a monster heel as champion. I know Cena is your big draw, but if you move him out of this program, and into a secondary main event feud that isnt' about the belts, he's still putting butts in seats. Lesnar should have been booked, again, as the unstoppable monster. Not a monster who can be beat. Part of the fun of a heel monster champion, is the suspension of disbelief, thinking that no one can beat this guy... that didn't happen. Cena pretty much took everything Brock gave him, and gave it right back to him. Lesnar was up in the AA 4 times, and the STF 3 times(?), just didnt' seem "Right" to me that they booked it this way... but I guess the rumors of Vince being angry with SS and only wanting Cena booked strong were correct. I hope after HIAC, Brock retains, and goes on to a program with someone else, waiting for the return of someone at the Rumble, for his Wrestlemania champion appearance. He needs to hold this belt until then, or the WWE championship starts to be come as meaningless as everything else on the card.

My feelings on the WWE have gone back and forth for a year or so now... I'll be reminded of how great creative can be, and then between the RAW monotony and the next PPV remember how bad it can be.

I know I look back on my childhood era wrestling with rose colored glasses, but I can't for the life of me, fathom how in the 80s/90s every belt looked so important and was defended with such importance. Hell, even the European championship was defended regularly and was built up to at least be important to some degree.

I guess my issue is Raw is 3 hours long. How can there be 8ish hours of wrestling each month between PPVs(not including Smackdown, which needs to be revamped to some degree and actually have meangingful matches), and they can't seem to make any belt other than the World Title seem important.

/soapbox rant

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The commentary during Miz-Ziggler sucked but on a side note, I went to a Jason Aldean concert where Florida Georgia Line opened last week and they put on a really good show. I'm not a real big fan of theirs, but they make very good "I am getting really drunk outdoors" music.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

HulkaMatt posted:

They deleted it. :v:

The funny thing is that TNA had like a string of I think 8 PPVs in a row all with gently caress finishes in the Main Event.

That was what confused me. I was like "this was a gently caress finish on top of another gently caress finish that left no one happy at all, isn't that what TNA does every week?"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I was wrong! It wasn't a string of 8 PPVs. It was 4 in a row.

Lockdown 2013
Slammiversary 2013
Bound for Glory 2013
Lockdown 2014.

All matches where interference played a part in the finish.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HulkaMatt posted:

I was wrong!

Demod.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HulkaMatt posted:

I was wrong! It wasn't a string of 8 PPVs. It was 4 in a row.

Lockdown 2013
Slammiversary 2013
Bound for Glory 2013
Lockdown 2014.

All matches where interference played a part in the finish.
And wasn't that by the time TNA was doing quarterly PPVs? :lol:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm watching the show now and the Orton = Ambien sign and the Ziggler Please sign are the highlights of the show so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Vertigo posted:

all this did was tarnish the belt

you're saying this as if the intercontinental belt meant anything prior to this point

• Locked thread