Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Striker posted:

sazh is an extremely epic character

anyway, ff13 is actually pretty okay before you get to gran pulse, it's just that is where you really get to see the best part of the game. i know it has become a meme to act like 13 is the worst game ever because it is linear, but so is ff10 and i don't see people complain about that as much.

actually people act like 13 is bad because everything about it is bad and incredibly boring. I'm pretty certain anyone who was able to get through the 20+ hour tutorial, let alone liked it would be entertained by paint drying

ff10 is bad too, but let's not pretend that 13 isn't king of the poo poo mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Concordat posted:

The entire point of that puzzle was to get a fruit that was up high in a tree.
And you have a person in your party who can fly.
and another person who can summon things that can fly

and another person who can throw chakrams

and like 3 people who can make tiny blades of wind appear

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cyra posted:

it has chocolina so I'm gonna agree with that statement

is it true that she turns out to be the grown up version of sazh's fro bird?

yea, sazh falls into a time portal or some poo poo and the bird gets lost in the time stream and wishes it wasnt so weak and could help people so god made her into chocolina to help serah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

Same. Here's my set-up.

Dec 26, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

All I want to know is why that Azure Horizon guy thought the story was so amazing

given that he is an unapologetic rapist, its probably because he is not well in the head

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

yea, sazh falls into a time portal or some poo poo and the bird gets lost in the time stream and wishes it wasnt so weak and could help people so god made her into chocolina to help serah

lmao I am so buying this game

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Snow more like "no"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

elf help book posted:

god is cruel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

01011001 posted:

given that he is an unapologetic rapist, its probably because he is not well in the head
personally i think raping people is a little worse than liking ff13

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cyra posted:

Snow more like "no"

you also find snow lost in time, in a forest, beating up an endless supply of flans

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
ff13-2 owns because it comes up with half a dozen way cooler ideas for a videogame then what you actually play, but makes them bad endings

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

darealkooky posted:

ff13-2 owns because it comes up with half a dozen way cooler ideas for a videogame then what you actually play, but makes them bad endings

To be fair, the good ending is amazing as well, so it kind of balances it out. 13-2 had a lot of good things about it, like some cool environments and bosses, good music, Liam O'Brien hamming it up as hard as he can, chronobind, and every ending being a joke. Unfortunately, none of that matters in the face of easily the worst gameplay in the trilogy and possibly the whole series, and definitely the worst protagonist, whose only redeeming value is she suddenly falls over dead with no foreshadowing or fanfare in the good ending.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

no man it gets forshadowed, you just need to pay attention to some cutscenes you'll probably forget about and/or read the in-game wikipedia

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it happening to someone else is a main plot point of the game its not exactly a tiny detail

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

it's easy to forget that serah is a seer, something that's only mentioned like twice before the ending outside of the wikipedia, when the game makes a big loving deal about how every other seer you meet is another version of yuel that looks the exact same

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea its surprising and funny it happens to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

it's easy to forget that serah is a seer, something that's only mentioned like twice before the ending outside of the wikipedia, when the game makes a big loving deal about how every other seer you meet is another version of yuel that looks the exact same

they made kind of a deal out of serah being a seer. like how every vision she got meant she was closer to dying.

• Locked thread