Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
CC got mentioned in my A/T thread about bone carving, so I thought I'd make a thread here and see if anyone else was looking to get into the hobby or was already in the hobby.

Basically, I'm just looking for tips on the best respirator to wear, cartridges to get, tips on dyeing the bone, etc.

I'm hoping to make a set of small bone daggers with some runes etched in, and since I know squat about bone, any advice is welcome.

I'm also thinking of tackling soapstone, but I'd like to get a mask for that as well since the last time I worked with it I used just hand tools. This time around I have a dremel with some engraving bits and plan to speed the work up a tad.

Any help or advice is appreciated. This is kind of a whole new world for me and I'd prefer not to end up with some weird bone lung disease because I couldn't be bothered to look up a 20$ mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread