Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinyRebelGames
Sep 28, 2014
Hi guys,

Susan Cummings here -- man, I've missed this site, haven't been around in a while. It's hard work being a publisher of, er, two people (my husband Lee and I are the only employees at Tiny Rebel). But we've always loved the site and wanted to get reacquainted. So I produce and my husband conceived of and designs Doctor Who: Legacy -- it's our first mobile game. We're console people from way back --- heard of Bioshock? Borderlands? GTA? That's the sort of stuff we used to work on over the last 15 yrs (I actually signed Bioshock when it was a few pieces of paper, ask Ken Levine :)

I know our game crops up now and then on SA, esp with all the Season 8 hype for the show. I wanted to be sure you guys saw the code we put out today. It unlocks a bunch of the new Season 8 goodies -- 12th Doctor, Danny Pink, Saibra, and of course the cat suit awesomness for Vastra and Jenny.

3385-9957-2959-8722 is the code -- will work for the next two weeks on all platforms (ios, android, kindle, fb). You can enter it in the options menu-->promo tab.

Any questions about the game, like why are two people are crazy enough to make a Doctor Who game and manage it without a big publisher behind them? And how do we not divorce each other? ;) How do we handle being in LA with our co-dev team in Taiwan and our licensor in London? No, I dont sleep much.

I love to talk about what we do and happy to answer questions, criticisms, etc. We're trying our hardest to be one of very few mobile free to play games out there that really listen to their players -- we take two hours every week faithfully to talk to players on Twitch, we personally answer our support emails, etc. We're obsessive.

Susan Cummings
https://www.doctorwholegacygame.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Greetings

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Doctor Whole Gacy Games thank you for you post. I will be sure to check this game out, thank you.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
You seem like a nice lady. I am sorry that your dreams will probably be crushed for creating an account to advertise on this site.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Doctor Who Who?

I'll be honest, I don't expect this thread to go well, but I'm curious about the game. Thanks for the code.

e: I've never seen Doctor Who, but the gameplay mechanics seem decently thought out and enjoyable.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 28, 2014

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

How does a match 3 game get voted as the "most innovative app" in 2013? Can Ken Levine help me with that question too?

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Agreedo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TinyRebelGames posted:

Hi guys,

Susan Cummings here -- man, I've missed this site, haven't been around in a while. It's hard work being a publisher of, er, two people (my husband Lee and I are the only employees at Tiny Rebel). But we've always loved the site and wanted to get reacquainted. So I produce and my husband conceived of and designs Doctor Who: Legacy -- it's our first mobile game. We're console people from way back --- heard of Bioshock? Borderlands? GTA? That's the sort of stuff we used to work on over the last 15 yrs (I actually signed Bioshock when it was a few pieces of paper, ask Ken Levine :)

I know our game crops up now and then on SA, esp with all the Season 8 hype for the show. I wanted to be sure you guys saw the code we put out today. It unlocks a bunch of the new Season 8 goodies -- 12th Doctor, Danny Pink, Saibra, and of course the cat suit awesomness for Vastra and Jenny.

3385-9957-2959-8722 is the code -- will work for the next two weeks on all platforms (ios, android, kindle, fb). You can enter it in the options menu-->promo tab.

Any questions about the game, like why are two people are crazy enough to make a Doctor Who game and manage it without a big publisher behind them? And how do we not divorce each other? ;) How do we handle being in LA with our co-dev team in Taiwan and our licensor in London? No, I dont sleep much.

I love to talk about what we do and happy to answer questions, criticisms, etc. We're trying our hardest to be one of very few mobile free to play games out there that really listen to their players -- we take two hours every week faithfully to talk to players on Twitch, we personally answer our support emails, etc. We're obsessive.

Susan Cummings
https://www.doctorwholegacygame.com

Susan Cummings was the shy and reclusive billionairess daughter of former CIA arms dealer, Sam Cummings. Villegas was a good-looking polo player from Argentina who had relocated to America after gaining fame in his homeland. Theirs was a very complicated tale of passion and control, that was very good when it was good and explosive when it was bad. They met sometime in the spring of 1995 at the venerable Great Meadows Polo Club where Susan was enrolled in polo classes and where Roberto was teaching polo lessons. Set in the beautiful, pastoral countryside of Virginia's Hunt country for the horsey set, the backdrop seemed perfect for an idyllic romance. Susan and Roberto in their first year, spent much time together and from all appearances, things seemed on the up and up.

In time however, the two began to have disagreements, much of it over Roberto's storing his horses at Susan's mansion and horse farm, Ashland Farm that her father had purchased for her in 1984. The thirty-five year-old Susan had been raised mostly in Monaco, near France, and her European ideals and sensibilities often clashed with Roberto's more laid back, Argentinean ideas of life between man and woman. Susan lived at Ashland Farms with her twin sister, Diana, but Roberto was there much of the time as well. Roberto and Susan's backgrounds couldn't have been more different; Susan had grown up in unimaginable wealth and privelege and Roberto's family had been dirt poor. Proving himself as a polo heavyweight in America has been critically important to him, but Susan's need to control him was equally important to her. In time, things would get rockier and rockier between the two, and Susan would often cite physical abuse from her latin lover.

To most people, the somewhat unlikely couple seemed fairly happy and content, but something went terribly wrong on September 7, 1997. By this time, things had gone from bad to worse between Susan and her paramour and on August 20, just three weeks before, she went to see Sergeant Gary Healy at the Fauquier County Police Department. During this strange meeting, Susan told Healy that she was in fear for her life, due to Roberto's abuse and uncontrollable anger. She told him that she would not fill out a complaint, but just wanted Healy to "be aware" of Roberto's volatile temper and threats against her person. Healy thought the meeting odd and if the thirty-seven year-old heiress was so afraid of her boyfriend, why didn't she throw him out of her life and fill out a restraining order? Odd to say the least.

Then, on September 7, things came to a head when Roberto was found lying in a pool of blood, shot to death, in Susan's kitchen at Ashland Farm. The story begins with Susan's strangely calm 911 call to the authorities, where she admits that she shot her boyfriend in self-defense. Apparently, Roberto had been sitting at the kitchen table and eating his breakfast when Susan came up behind him and shot him to death. Susan told the police who arrived at her luxurious estate that early September morning, that during an argument, Roberto had stabbed her repeatedly in the arm and that she had no choice but to extricate herself and get her .357 magnum, thereby shooting him fatally. From the start, the whole scene looked suspicious to authorities, especially Sergeant Healy, who recalled Susan's previous visit to him. Was the mysterious visit Susan's way of setting up an alibi for the murder? Many thought that to be the case.

The heiress would be tried for first degree murder, but in the end, she would cheat justice, serving only 57 days and paying a paltry $2500 fine for the murder.

Good job getting away with murder, OP :mad:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I like how there's no picture of the actual game at all on the website for the game, that's good to me.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I don't think life is that crazy if you can use your unimaginable wealth to fund the game Mrs. Cummings. Is your husband worried about your stress levels?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Cummings is a great last name

TinyRebelGames
Sep 28, 2014

StarkRavingMad posted:

Susan Cummings was the shy and reclusive billionairess daughter of former CIA arms dealer, Sam Cummings. Villegas was a good-looking polo player from Argentina who had relocated to America after gaining fame in his homeland. Theirs was a very complicated tale of passion and control, that was very good when it was good and explosive when it was bad. They met sometime in the spring of 1995 at the venerable Great Meadows Polo Club where Susan was enrolled in polo classes and where Roberto was teaching polo lessons. Set in the beautiful, pastoral countryside of Virginia's Hunt country for the horsey set, the backdrop seemed perfect for an idyllic romance. Susan and Roberto in their first year, spent much time together and from all appearances, things seemed on the up and up.

In time however, the two began to have disagreements, much of it over Roberto's storing his horses at Susan's mansion and horse farm, Ashland Farm that her father had purchased for her in 1984. The thirty-five year-old Susan had been raised mostly in Monaco, near France, and her European ideals and sensibilities often clashed with Roberto's more laid back, Argentinean ideas of life between man and woman. Susan lived at Ashland Farms with her twin sister, Diana, but Roberto was there much of the time as well. Roberto and Susan's backgrounds couldn't have been more different; Susan had grown up in unimaginable wealth and privelege and Roberto's family had been dirt poor. Proving himself as a polo heavyweight in America has been critically important to him, but Susan's need to control him was equally important to her. In time, things would get rockier and rockier between the two, and Susan would often cite physical abuse from her latin lover.

To most people, the somewhat unlikely couple seemed fairly happy and content, but something went terribly wrong on September 7, 1997. By this time, things had gone from bad to worse between Susan and her paramour and on August 20, just three weeks before, she went to see Sergeant Gary Healy at the Fauquier County Police Department. During this strange meeting, Susan told Healy that she was in fear for her life, due to Roberto's abuse and uncontrollable anger. She told him that she would not fill out a complaint, but just wanted Healy to "be aware" of Roberto's volatile temper and threats against her person. Healy thought the meeting odd and if the thirty-seven year-old heiress was so afraid of her boyfriend, why didn't she throw him out of her life and fill out a restraining order? Odd to say the least.

Then, on September 7, things came to a head when Roberto was found lying in a pool of blood, shot to death, in Susan's kitchen at Ashland Farm. The story begins with Susan's strangely calm 911 call to the authorities, where she admits that she shot her boyfriend in self-defense. Apparently, Roberto had been sitting at the kitchen table and eating his breakfast when Susan came up behind him and shot him to death. Susan told the police who arrived at her luxurious estate that early September morning, that during an argument, Roberto had stabbed her repeatedly in the arm and that she had no choice but to extricate herself and get her .357 magnum, thereby shooting him fatally. From the start, the whole scene looked suspicious to authorities, especially Sergeant Healy, who recalled Susan's previous visit to him. Was the mysterious visit Susan's way of setting up an alibi for the murder? Many thought that to be the case.

The heiress would be tried for first degree murder, but in the end, she would cheat justice, serving only 57 days and paying a paltry $2500 fine for the murder.

Good job getting away with murder, OP :mad:

I did say I've been busy....... :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Edit: actually just ignore this post.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 28, 2014

• Locked thread