Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Darth blob posted:

If I stream in a week would it be too late? I have midterms. It would make my year to even raise,15 dollars for the kids

The donation are ending at the end of the year. So no, you are perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:

Miker525 posted:

I'm just curious, since I did the platinum upgrade during my 24 hour run and I just have a quick question:

I see in my donations sent area that it has platinum upgrade listed... however I don't see the platinum achievement badge nor the extra $15 added to the money raised on my page? Did my upgrade donation money go through or is there an issue somewhere?

The $15 fee for platinum goes to Extra Life to help cover the cost of the program, as well as the goodies they give out to platinum members who raise certain amounts. You will not see it as part of your donations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
My stream went really well. Ended up raising $870, which is way more than I ever expected. I didn't really feel any pain in the 24 hours, except for the last hour when I was forced to play some Tetris rip-off called Klax. It was so monotonous I thought I was going to die.

The real stars of my stream, however, were my niece and nephew (8 and 6) who stopped over in the afternoon to play with me. They were absolutely hilarious and were a big hit in the chat. I've been working on editing together a montage of their awesomeness, but it will take a while to sift through. (Also my brother trying to explain how to play Crusader Kings 2 at 4:30 in the morning...)

Already talking to the other people on my team about next year, mainly getting together to do it instead of all separate. There's talk of a long Rock Band session with people paying to request songs, more promotion, etc...

Overall, I had a great time.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
My friends streamed a 24-hour tabletop and video game marathon for Extra Life and raised ~$1,100 for Children's Hospital in Dallas. I stopped by at about 2 A.M. and brought with me a party game that gives an electric shock to the loser of the round.

Here is a clip from that game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIE8viTnOo

Sgoast
Sep 1, 2006

"I don't think I can stand it."
I don't know exactly how long this thread is going to stay pinned for, so I'll just throw it out there again that due to being out and about recruiting for Extra Life on game day, my marathon is going on November 8th. It's called Button Mash Bash and we're planning on making this as fun as possible to watch and take part in. We have a whole bunch of audience participation segments, pretty good gimmicks for most of the games we're playing, and awesome prize giveaways from Loot Crate, Cards Against Humanity, The Yetee, Bittercube, (Some jerk from the forums named toby works on that, I think) and literally hundreds of dollars more. Every :10bux: donate gets you an entry and that's effective today. You don't need to wait 'till game day to win. Plus you know, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is pretty awesome. That too.

We're also running a poll at the moment to see what the final game we play is. Please come and vote for the dumbest choice on the list so we all lose our minds at the 23 hour mark and never leave our homes again.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I suffered through 24 hours of bad games on DeliciousBees' team last Saturday, it was horrible but I'm really proud to say we raised $5,443 for the Seattle Children's Hospital!! We just got the full stream playlist up over on youtube if anyone wants to watch three people slowly go insane.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
I also love contributing to sedentary obesity issues

-Roki b

codespace
May 3, 2011

Roki B posted:

I also love contributing to sedentary obesity issues

-Roki b

Not entirely sure what you mean here. Can you be more clear?

Also, unrelated note, I just got a late donation bringing my total amount raised for sick children in hospitals through Children's Miracle Network up to $505! People are awesome!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
We got our photos back. http://www.waltoneventphoto.com/Extra-Life-October-25-2014-/i-ppN2zBB

There's some good stuff in there. I'm not the guy in the neon green wig and black suit jacket though.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Target Practice posted:

We got our photos back. http://www.waltoneventphoto.com/Extra-Life-October-25-2014-/i-ppN2zBB

There's some good stuff in there. I'm not the guy in the neon green wig and black suit jacket though.

Mountain Dew shirt?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

jabro posted:

Mountain Dew shirt?

Wrong again, thank goodness. Blue polo with white stripes.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Target Practice posted:

It's great that even famous people like Jonah Hill participate in things like these.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Ernie. posted:

It's great that even famous people like Jonah Hill participate in things like these.

That's probably the least offensive thing said about me on the internet so I'll take it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Target Practice posted:

Nope, I already have you ingrained as Mountain Dew shirt. Sorry.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Target Practice posted:

That's probably the least offensive thing said about me on the internet so I'll take it.

Haha, sorry. I really was just poking fun at you. I didn't mean to be offensive. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Ernie. posted:

Haha, sorry. I really was just poking fun at you. I didn't mean to be offensive. :)

No it's fine I'm just messing around. But yeah there were definitely some people there that embodied the stereotype, but for the most part everyone was cool. Definitely not what I was expecting. There was a guy who started telling us a story in the morning about finding an $80 MtG card in a booster pack the day before, and I swear every time he was within earshot he was telling the same story to some poor guy he cornered. But he was nice and he offered to show me the basics when I told him that I was very new and still learning so I can't really say he was a huge dick or anything.

• Locked thread