Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

SeANMcBAY posted:

Maybe it's something the game does to try to prevent frame drops? Which version are you playing?

Legends, on the New 3ds. I don't think it's a frame rate issue, I have actual frame drops and nothing like that happens. It usually seems to trigger when an enemy captain is using a charge attack, the kind that generates a blue glow around them that isn't the subweapon interrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just got the 3DS version of this, and the game is crazy good--good enough that I'm likely to want the character DLC at some point. Do the Legends DLC characters have sidestories that parallel the main plot the same way the original DLC characters that got packaged in do? If so, when should I decide whether I want the DLC by if I want to play the side missions as they unlock?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

cheetah7071 posted:

I just got the 3DS version of this, and the game is crazy good--good enough that I'm likely to want the character DLC at some point. Do the Legends DLC characters have sidestories that parallel the main plot the same way the original DLC characters that got packaged in do? If so, when should I decide whether I want the DLC by if I want to play the side missions as they unlock?

They don't have their own side-stories unfortunately, so you can really pick up the DLC any time you want. The main source of content from the DLC is the extra adventure mode maps.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kelp Plankton posted:

They don't have their own side-stories unfortunately, so you can really pick up the DLC any time you want. The main source of content from the DLC is the extra adventure mode maps.

Okay, cool. I'll probably wait until beating the game to pick up the DLC then, just to make sure I'm not already burned out.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
They do get Reward Map Scenarios (the stuff that gets unlocked by Gol Skulltulas) that feature them in a major role though. It's not exactly side scenarios in that they're stuff that definitely does not happen in the actual story, but if you want to play through scenarios involving stuff like Medli and Ruto working together to dispatch a monster created by Ganondorf, or saving Marin from an assault by Wizzro, that's stuff you can get alongside the character and the Adventure Map (though these scenarios do of course involve finding the Gold Skulltulas in the Adventure Map you get with the package, so it's probably smart to hold off on buying the DLC to not experience burnout).

In fact, I'd say the Reward Map Scenarios that were made for Legends are some of the best content to have come out of the Legends DLC (besides Ravio and Yuga).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Good to know that the DLCs come with significant enough content that there's actually something new and fun to do with the characters you're getting

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

Good to know that the DLCs come with significant enough content that there's actually something new and fun to do with the characters you're getting

If this game ever had an issue it was not 'too little content'.

The game is ridiculously packed before any of the DLC, and the DLC makes it overwhelming.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hey since this thread's bumped I want to mention that "Don't Get Hit" levels are the loving worst, and I hate them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hey since this thread's bumped I want to mention that "Don't Get Hit" levels are the loving worst, and I hate them.

Thankfully permanent light arrows make them a little easier to handle.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

Thankfully permanent light arrows make them a little easier to handle.

Not "All Attacks Are Devastating", where everyone takes OHKO's, "Don't Get Hit", where only YOU take a OHKO and everyone else takes normal damage. They are all over Master Quest and they are poo poo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think the DLC is still worth it even if you don't plan on playing every extra adventure map. The characters alone are worth it imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Not "All Attacks Are Devastating", where everyone takes OHKO's, "Don't Get Hit", where only YOU take a OHKO and everyone else takes normal damage. They are all over Master Quest and they are poo poo.

Yeah, I know. And permanent light arrows are still useful. You can stay back and stunlock pretty easily with them, and you're generally far enough away to be able to dodge any incoming attacks.

• Locked thread