Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casual Racist
Aug 5, 2004

Repeat after me: I am not a pleasure unit.
I was in a accident last month. I was t-boned making a left turn on a green light. The police did not cite anyone, but I have a dashcam which clearly shows I had a green light and the other party ran a red light. Insurance found I was not at fault. Well we both have the same insurance, State Farm. I just got my car back from the shop after about $7500 in repairs. The repairs look great. I was wanting to file a diminished value claim as my car is a 2012 model with less than 60k miles on it. Is it possible to file a diminished value claim even if I have the same insurance as the at fault party? This accident happened in TN but I live in GA and the at fault party lives in TN. How is the best way to go about asking for diminished value? Just call them up and ask? Anything I should be aware of or should avoid saying while talking to the insurance company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ask again over here, but having the same insurance company as the person you danced with shouldn't make that much of a difference.

If you have a local agent, he/she would be a good person to ask. If you don't, call their call center. The only suggestion I have for that is you don't want to admit fault for anything.

• Locked thread