Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
I enjoy this font. Could somebody please tell me its name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
Are you trying to recreate a press pass? What kind of shenanigans will you use it for, OP?

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004

Phraggah posted:

Are you trying to recreate a press pass? What kind of shenanigans will you use it for, OP?

No I just like the font.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Phraggah posted:

That's a news agency card, which really doesn't give you a whole lot privileges like a press pass does, it just identifies you as a journalist and who you're working for.

Plus that card is probably over 30 years old, considering when the LA Free Press first closed down and the outdated info on the card.

Rakins
Apr 6, 2009

Try WhatTheFont, the forums are really helpful.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
The letter shapes make me think Futura or something else geometric but I am not looking very closely.

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004

ashgromnies posted:

The letter shapes make me think Futura or something else geometric but I am not looking very closely.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

I actually just meant to imply I'm lazy, but have you compared it to Futura? I'd start there. The perfectly round o's and the lower case a being single-story are good keys to go on. The style is a "geometric" typeface, named after the strong geometric shapes in the letter forms. It's a mid-late 20th century style. Bout all I can give you :P

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 2, 2014

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Let us know what you're gonna do with the font man, the world needs to know

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My best guess is Century Gothic, or some earlier version of it:

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
You might have better luck asking here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473301

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
i cant believe you all answered the question these are great and beautiful fonts like AR DECO OR SOMEFIN no i MEAN>>>??? yo i was tryin to hit the keyboard yo yo aanyway anyway

i was like FLY you know what i mean>>?.> thanks guys yoiu are the definition of hte best. and now

a word from our sponsor

do you like your tubs wicked wild and clean?? underline your pound sign today@!

nice people nice people thanks im tired now i'amf is out g;night

.. g g night

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Lief posted:

i cant believe you all answered the question these are great and beautiful fonts like AR DECO OR SOMEFIN no i MEAN>>>??? yo i was tryin to hit the keyboard yo yo aanyway anyway

i was like FLY you know what i mean>>?.> thanks guys yoiu are the definition of hte best. and now

a word from our sponsor

.. g g night

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Lief posted:

a word from our sponsor

.. g g night

Tell me about your stroke

• Locked thread