Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

If you didnt wear DCUs in Iraq then i'm sorry for how bad you had it there

sorry bro i had more important things to worry about

*thousand yard stare*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

11b1p posted:

Did you mention something about my clearance to our CoC? I doubt they will finish redoing my clearance in the 242 days before I ETS. Since the unit will not let me transfer I am going to ask to go into IRR after ETS so I can hopefully get a call from a unit closer to home.

You can bypass your worthless AGR ops people and contact either the battalion security manager directly, or your MACOM security manager. You'll probably piss off the full-time staff, but you have 8 months left and that clearance means cash money, so who cares.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

psydude posted:

You can bypass your worthless AGR ops people and contact either the battalion security manager directly, or your MACOM security manager. You'll probably piss off the full-time staff, but you have 8 months left and that clearance means cash money, so who cares.

Well my 1SG, text me and said that he was emailing me instructions and everything to my mil email. I said I don't have access to that or my civ mail either (I'm a DA Civilian). I have tried everything militarycac says to no avail. My civ job doesn't have me near a computer with internet access very often.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

11b1p posted:

Did you mention something about my clearance to our CoC? I doubt they will finish redoing my clearance in the 242 days before I ETS. Since the unit will not let me transfer I am going to ask to go into IRR after ETS so I can hopefully get a call from a unit closer to home.

Do you want me to mention something?

Someone *cough*cough* is going to be the interim commander while the regular commander has a baby.

Also what do you do for unrated time, Nobles? I was unrated for a few months between commanders, and the outgoing commander "forgot" to give me a change of rater OER.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You need to chase your outgoing for a change of rater OER. If your S1 didn't put a boot up his rear end over it then you need to do so.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Stop posting here and go gently caress each other in the butt, dumbass in the same uniters. How many more gay e3s from your company are you gonna convince to join the forums so you can pretend you guys have in jokes in between daily jack offs and getting hosed by retards and picking up rocks and mowing dirt and other cool stuff you volunteered for

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

anne frank fanfic posted:

Stop posting here and go gently caress each other in the butt, dumbass in the same uniters. How many more gay e3s from your company are you gonna convince to join the forums so you can pretend you guys have in jokes in between daily jack offs and getting hosed by retards and picking up rocks and mowing dirt and other cool stuff you volunteered for

It makes the circle jerk logistics easier.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

wat

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So, I don't know if any of you guys remember, because it was back in the August thread, but on a convoy one of our trailer's wheel/hubs failed. Nothing major, right? Well, apparently, the LMTV behind the trailer saw the grease cap for the bearing fly off an hour or so before, and hit a car in the oncoming lane on the highway (and they want compensation, but nobody from BN told us that), but the driver didn't say anything. Then, after I took the pictures here, the tire exploded and pretty much took out the trailer. And then, instead of waiting for the mechanic company to show up, our glorious leader decided to abandon the trailer on the side of the highway and continue on. Great stuff. Here are some pictures:

Today, I get this email:

"SSG Douchebag posted:

Good Afternoon ALCON,

This is in reference to the convoy to Flagstaff on 1 August 2014 when
trailer X's axle/wheel hub broke.

I need each of you to write a statement about what happened before, during,
and after our convoy. Please be as detailed as possible. The suspense date
(due date) is NLT 15 NOV 2014. The sooner you provide me your statements,
the sooner I can rectify this issue. If you have any questions, please let
me know.

Very Respectfully,

SSG, AZ ARNG
Supply SGT
X Area Support Medical Company

Throughout history, only two defining forces have ever offered to die for
you.
Jesus Christ for your soul and the American Soldier for your freedom.

Attached is a DD2823. I reeeeeeeeally want to ignore it, but there's one problem: I was driving the fucker :suicide:

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

psydude posted:

E4 in my unit did that and told them he was "thinking about reclassing to intelligence". They almost fell over themselves getting him a clearance before he left the army. Narcissists.

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009

quote:

Throughout history, only two defining forces have ever offered to die for
you.
Jesus Christ for your soul and the American Soldier for your freedom.
I never understood why guys in the Army said poo poo like this. They knew how pointless almost all of the poo poo we did was. They knew.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Then, after I took the pictures here, the tire exploded and pretty much took out the trailer. And then, instead of waiting for the mechanic company to show up, our glorious leader decided to abandon the trailer on the side of the highway and continue on. Great stuff. the fucker :suicide:

did he go all hooah and order you guys to blow it in place cuz i want to believe

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

did he go all hooah and order you guys to blow it in place cuz i want to believe

i went to the board and was asked what i would do if i saw a soldier sexually harassing some chick.

"i'd blow him in place"

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Goons in Platoons > Let's Talk About Idiots!

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

The man makes a valid point.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Geirskogul posted:

Today, I get this email: Blah blah blah Flagstaff blah blah blah.

No poo poo, the I-17 is cursed. I was driving a HMMWV to Camp Navajo when the fucker died on me in the middle of the freeway, causing a four hour delay in movement for recovery stupidity.

I also crashed my first car at 18 avoiding an elk in the middle of the highway. gently caress that freeway so hard.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nimmy posted:

You could probably submit an open records request.

Do I submit it to DA or the Unit involved?

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Bogarts posted:

I never understood why guys in the Army said poo poo like this. They knew how pointless almost all of the poo poo we did was. They knew.

I normally give zero fucks, but that kind of stuff pisses me off. Talking about how great soldiers are is pathetic. Shut the gently caress up and just go be awesome. If what you did was pointless (like you said), call it what it is and move on. Either way no one needs to brag about anything.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
uh EXCUSE ME, but i'm pretty sure the national guard medco supply sgt has at least three bsms w/ twelve v devices because of how goddamned high speed he is.

iirc, one of his bronze stars came from when he had a severely wounded spc verify his signature on a 2404 in the middle of an rpg attack.

"does this serial match your issued equipment?! does this chicken scratch resemble your poo poo hand writing?!

oh hey, duck for a sec, here comes a wobbly rpg.

anyways, if they do, carry on, i'll go hunt down a doc to treat your... missing limb or something idk i'm not yer got damned medic."

gives me chills just thinkin bout it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A girl from another platoon apparently cried during the ceremony for her CAB, which she was awarded for being about 100m away from a rocket. She was sent home early for sneaking pain meds into country.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Pogs are the worst.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

zombie303 posted:

everyone is the worst.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/10/28/us-troops-banned-from-buying-drink-for-juicy-bar-workers.html?ESRC=army-a.nl

quote:

SEOUL, South Korea -- U.S. Forces Korea has banned service members from buying drinks for workers in “juicy bars,” which have long been suspected of involvement in prostitution and human trafficking.

i can't even think of anything witty right now, that first sentence is just.....ugh, gently caress my brain :psyduck:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Mike-o posted:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/10/28/us-troops-banned-from-buying-drink-for-juicy-bar-workers.html?ESRC=army-a.nl

i can't even think of anything witty right now, that first sentence is just.....ugh, gently caress my brain :psyduck:

How did it take this long, and didnt everyone already know about this? I was there in 04 and everyone just kind of turned a blind eye to it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Somewhere there's an 80 year old man saying, "gently caress you, got mine."

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Do I submit it to DA or the Unit involved?

Stuff like that is probably the DOD, but it would be easiest to begin at the lowest level and just start making phone calls.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mike-o posted:

Hopefully my career SSG fire direction NCO finally got his juicy's visa squared away. poo poo, that guy has been on the Korean peninsula longer than Kim Jong Un.

edit:

quote:

“We knew certain things were going on, but we didn’t have the proof necessarily,” Col. Michael Strunk, 51st Fighter Wing Mission Support Group commander at Osan Air Base, said earlier this year.

Jesus loving christ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: outlawing juicy bars will certainly work.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: outlawing juicy bars will certainly work.

Watch for an upswing in karaoke clubs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Watch for an upswing in karaoke clubs.

Mamasan is getting her cut one way or another.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I return to work tomorrow after con leave from my shoulder surgery. My surgeon didn't give me a profile or put one on MEDPROS. Guess I'm going to sick call and that will take all day. Might as well get a refill of my painkillers while I'm at it.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

iceslice posted:

I normally give zero fucks, but that kind of stuff pisses me off. Talking about how great soldiers are is pathetic. Shut the gently caress up and just go be awesome. If what you did was pointless (like you said), call it what it is and move on. Either way no one needs to brag about anything.

as a dude who does legit army stuff do you just shake your head sadly at the entire rest of the army?

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Dude McAwesome posted:

as a dude who does legit army stuff do you just shake your head sadly at the entire rest of the army?

GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN SOLDIER
*puts hat over enlarged heart*
*goes home at noon on a Wednesday*

Anyone who has spent time at Bragg - thoughts on the Southern Pines area as a place to live for the next couple years?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Defleshed posted:

Anyone who has spent time at Bragg - thoughts on the Southern Pines area as a place to live for the next couple years?

Southern Pines is better than Fayetteville. I've got a buddy that lives out in Bunnlevel, and if you don't mind a twenty or thirty minute commute to base it's a really nice area.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

I return to work tomorrow after con leave from my shoulder surgery. My surgeon didn't give me a profile or put one on MEDPROS. Guess I'm going to sick call and that will take all day. Might as well get a refill of my painkillers while I'm at it.

You always gotta "remind" them about that stuff, my PA didn't give me a profile after visiting him twice for some lower back issues (turns out I have an extra disk in my spine, who woulda knew) and his response to me asking about it was "wait, I never wrote you a profile??? I'm sorry man!"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Justin Tyme posted:

You always gotta "remind" them about that stuff, my PA didn't give me a profile after visiting him twice for some lower back issues (turns out I have an extra disk in my spine, who woulda knew) and his response to me asking about it was "wait, I never wrote you a profile??? I'm sorry man!"

Oh, I brought it up all throughout my last appointment with the guy. It was even the list thing we talked about before I left. Oh well, gently caress it. I'm high as poo poo on percocet and oxy right now so I don't really care since as soon as I'm done with my appointment I'm going right back to my room to pass out.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

Defleshed posted:

If you don't mind the longer commute, SP and Pinehurst are way better than Fayetteville. The area in between is not bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Auf wiedersehen, baby.

• Locked thread