Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

FilthyImp posted:

I would put money on "Now that I have an apartment/home/etc I can look through all the crap I had at my parents' house! Hey look, my VHS copies of Harsh Realm. I wonder if it's still good..."

I may or may not be the first person on the internet to have uploaded the California Raisins "Books, Check'em out" PSA song, but I totally found it by the method you mentioned. What was on the rest of the tape you say? Pee Wee's Big Adventure airing on TV that was interrupted by a George Bush address during the dinosaur scene haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

One Mean Mother-

(Lauren answers the door - it is Gus)

Gus: "That's what you do?! You answer the door?!"

----

Just an observation: in the first episode, Gus looses his 1960s blue and white Buick convertible. In this episode, he has a 1960s blue and white Oldsmobile convertible. I hope he looses his car every episode and gets a different similar replacement for no reason

----

Lauren is nearly iced by this week's villain, because Gus didn't want to tell her the enemy this week was based on Lauren's mom. She is literally frozen solid, and Ted takes her to a tanning bed. She is fine

----

Dying of laughter - Lauren is pissed off Gus made her mom a enemy. "That's what you do? You complain that my mom is cold so you make her a ice queen that throws snowballs?"

Gus: "They're icicles. And she deserves to be in this game, she poisoned you against me!"

----

This is a level of assholery that is seriously like a Archer episode:

Lauren: "I'm not the immature neurotic who took every halfway negative experience I ever had and turned it into snow-bolt throwing Godzilla movies!"

Gus: "Ice bolt throwing Godzilla movies - (to Peter) tell her its not that hard to remember!"

(Peter runs away)

Lauren: (Contrite) "My fault."

(Gus nods yes with an expression that says "Yup, it sure is.")

Two people have died so far btw

Gus then starts getting pissy at Lauren for not getting the cryptic clue Jackal left for them to find, when he, Gus, gets it immediately (Because he wrote the game.)

---

e:

FFFFFFF

Gus: We may not get out of here alive.

Lauren: Don't say that, these are your creations. You're the cold-steel kid!

Gus: ...but if we don't, don't we owe it to ourselves to gently caress first?

Nebakenezzer fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 24, 2014

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

One Mean Mother-

Dying of laughter - Lauren is pissed off Gus made her mom a enemy. "That's what you do? You complain that my mom is cold so you make her a ice queen that throws snowballs?"

Gus: "They're icicles. And she deserves to be in this game, she poisoned you against me!"

Not just an Ice Queen, but also an Ice Witch, as she can only be killed by a house falling on her.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

precision posted:

I'm watching this on YouTube and it is the most hilarious loving thing I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Yj1r6Bz3M

e: it's like New Girl as written by a juggalo

How the gently caress did this ever get made?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The Boss

Everything is Normal (IE the villian of the week just killed a random truck driver by shooting him with his power glove) but then we get to Gus and Peter. Peter is having to deal with Gus's real life boss, Dr. Chang, who Gus shows complete contempt for. He could oh I don't know show some of the expernmental (emphasis on mental) data where he created Life, but he's all "Show her a pie chart" to the physics Doctor

And goddamn, it is hard to get into words what an unsympathetic lead Gus is. The first section has him do literally do nothing but complain, insult, and criticize. Maybe this show is actually brilliant and we're supposed to think of Gus as a addict and his game creations as the consequences of alcoholism/drug abuse.

End of first reel: Gus the eternal mansplainer

The "Oh no! Is Gus dead?!" at the commercial break in real 2 is amazing. Gus gets shot with a cap gun, and faints. He comes to with "I did not faint."

Gus displays empathy "Now's not the time to make rent!"

Jackal visits the apartment to give a clue as to his next target. The gang then has to decide if he is lying to trick them. Lauren comes down on the side that Jackal is lying. Gus uses this to decide Jackal is telling the truth

Lauren was right, BTW

I have to give a little credit to the writing: because the scenarios they are fighting were designed by an rear end in a top hat, they have to follow Gus's logic, even when it doesn't make sense. This week's terror plot revolves around a gasoline tanker exploding, but Jackal and the boss steal some nitro. Lauren points out this doesn't make sense, because the tanker can already explode without the nitro. Gus defends this by saying the real life boss "had to take nitro pills for his heart." So the writers can pad out the show any way they want and have Gus give some bizarre ex post facto justification for it

Of course, this strategy also underlines what a petty and illogical guy Gus is

We're going to the invention expo! One stall is for a "ion infuser"; the other is for "make your own beer." They know that's *already* a thing, right?

• Locked thread