Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I'm one of those people, but only when the person doing the crashing is not at all interested in the race (driving the wrong direction, reversing/forwarding across the track).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Yeah, people going the wrong direction get kicked.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

One thing I don't like about the tarmac/stadium/figure 8 tracks is how the concrete barriers on the outside of the track act. If you so much as scrape against them the barriers break into dozens of pieces and you stick to the wall bringing you to a stop almost instantly. There should be more scraping and less dissolving barriers, it seems like they break much too easily.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's probably because they want to show off how amazing their physics is or something by having everything smash apart.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, it's the same reason why they have so many goddamn tires around the tracks. :v:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I do find everything you touch is sticky, even skimming another car you'll be stuck together which is soooo annoying. The only way to stop it is to stop and release the enemy car you're ramming :)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I assume most people reading this thread already own it, but Wreckfest is a daily deal right now - half off at $15. Enhanced steam plugin says that this is the lowest it's ever been.

Picked it up - installing now.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Haven't touched this game since it's been Next Car Game. It's improved a lot and finally recognizes my controller.
Decided to try out youtube's 60 fps feature with it also (only works in Chrome and in HD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cfrcc-T8Q

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
How good is the wheel support? I have a dfgt and am looking for some good racers with good ffb!

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Harminoff posted:

How good is the wheel support? I have a dfgt and am looking for some good racers with good ffb!

It doesn't support a clutch pedal unfortunately but you can use your H shifter if you've got one.
The FFB and the like is really good.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well dfgt doesnt have clutch just sequential so I usually use fully auto anyway. Was either going to grab this or grid autosport. Hmm

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Harminoff posted:

Well dfgt doesnt have clutch just sequential so I usually use fully auto anyway. Was either going to grab this or grid autosport. Hmm

Autosport is good, but this is more... "fun". But they're vastly different. If you can afford it, honestly grab both.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I got it. Game is a blast, I agree.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

not making a statement, i just think people putting quote marks around fun is p. hilare

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Great Joe posted:

not making a statement, i just think people putting quote marks around fun is p. hilare
Yeah, it was a pretty dumb use but in my defence I was hung over as gently caress and not thinking right.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So how many have this game? I'm having a blast but would be cool to try and play with people that want to race and not just smash.

Also, because of the damage in car or hood cam is impossible to use. Learned that real fast.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Harminoff posted:

So how many have this game? I'm having a blast but would be cool to try and play with people that want to race and not just smash.

Also, because of the damage in car or hood cam is impossible to use. Learned that real fast.

In what little amount that I've played I definitely prefer the races to derby, but still end up all over the place to the point that I'm happy if I just finish a race. Some of the smashing isn't on purpose.

Unless you're talking about clowns running backwards. That seems to be pretty common, though I've found games where the hosts were fast to kick them.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I just think that it would be fun to try and get some clean races going.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If people are interested in racing, I might join in. This game looks really cool. The problem is that calling it wreckfest means trying to do a pub race will just end in people doing a destruction derby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Here's hoping for a competent course maker in this game eventually.

• Locked thread