Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gabby Jay
Apr 19, 2003
Yay!
My current computer setup includes three 2209WA monitors (Older model dell 22inch IPS). While I love them dearly, I am considering parting ways with them in favor of something newer with a slightly larger screen.

One of the major drawbacks of my current setup is the amount of heat generated by these monitors while they are in use. I recently moved to Florida and they are currently in a relatively small room that heats up quite quickly.

I am curious if any of the newer LCD monitors in the 24-26 inch range are known for running or could be expected to run cooler than these monitors from 6-7 years ago. Any help would be appreciated in answering this question!

Gabby Jay fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Ask here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3372494

It's the monitor mega thread.

• Locked thread