Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Great RAW. I really didn't understand any of PSP's hate on this week's episode, it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Lack of Slater hurt this Raw.

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah, but it made Dean look like he needed Cena being dumb to win. Then again I guess it's not like Dean was killed by Cena either I guess, they were both pretty fresh.

But this way neither of them beat each other up too much.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I don't think that Orton/Cena will actually be the main event. I took that as Orton being delusional. Did I miss some Cole babble?

john cena

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Won't this be the second Cena/Orton HiaC match? Truly a feud for the ages.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

Great RAW. I really didn't understand any of PSP's hate on this week's episode, it was good.

it was enjoyable enough. i wouldn't say great.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I do feel pretty cheesed tho. Ambrose/Cena is a more fun than the last month of Ambrose/Rollins

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I didn't even last an hour in to raw and it's like I didn't miss anything.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

pressedbunny posted:

Calling it now: whatever the Wyatt thing is, they interrupt Orton/Cena with it and lay out both of them.

A think an Orton Wyatt feud could be cool but I'd be way happier if they never had to interact with John Cena ever again.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Meat Recital posted:

I didn't even last an hour in to raw and it's like I didn't miss anything.

We didn't miss you either so it's even.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I do feel pretty cheesed tho. Ambrose/Cena is a more fun than the last month of Ambrose/Rollins

The last televised Ambrose/Rollins match was arguably the best Raw main event matchup of 2014; I can only imagine what they're going to try and pull off inside of the Cell.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Peter Bazooka posted:

A think an Orton Wyatt feud could be cool but I'd be way happier if they never had to interact with John Cena ever again.

Harper's matches with Cena were wicked sick. The kind Bray should have had.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Knowing going in that this would have no satisfactory resolution for Cena/Ambrose, a feud predicated on them being forced into each other to get to Rollins, that wasn't the worst thing to watch at all.

This is exactly how I feel too. And I overreacted a bit initially, that didn't bury Dean whatsoever, but it didn't really put him over either. Hopefully the Cell match does that.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Cardboard Box posted:

it was enjoyable enough. i wouldn't say great.

It kept me entertained from start to finish aside from that 7 diva segment, that's pretty good for 3 hours

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ambrose and Rollins managed to make a loving Lumberjack Match good.

Them in a Cell is going to be a classic.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
It felt like there was a lot less filler than previous weeks. Having Cena and Ambrose wrestle twice, and Rollins and Orton having lengthy matches in the middle, probably contributed to that.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

It wasn't great, but it was a good, solid Raw. The only really bad thing about it was the Total Divas/d-list cameo junk, as usual, and that was only like five minutes so who cares really. That's what mute buttons are for.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Rollins is going to finish what he started and stab himself to death on the Cell.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

HAHAHHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD. Way to not put Ambrose over whatsoever.

Gotta protect that young up and comer Cena.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That ending was loving stupid, but Dean waving made Cena look like a total jackass, so I can live with it.

Good raw and the ending match was alright with that one bit making me smile. Ambrose saves the day as usual. Decent Raw with Ziggler, Orton, Rusev, Mizdow being amazing. If only we had more Slater Gator.

Harper's matches with Cena were wicked sick. The kind Bray should have had.

Harper is amazing in general but Cena and Harper just mixed really well. Seriously would like to see Harper get a bigger run versus everyone. Guy is so talented.

An an aside: anyone notice the Eddie G, Jericho, Malenko Cruiserweights vid the crazy effort it went to avoid showing Benoit. It aint new but a couple of times I barely saw and elbow as the camera flowed up and - EXTREME CUT - Its Perry Saturn! So want to watch that as Mysterio/Eddie G/ Jericho/ Malenko/ Saturn/ Benoit WCW feuds were just amazing to watch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Cole said repeatedly that it's a double main event and both are in a cell.

Also Cena/Orton will probably close the show.

When they had two Elimination Chamber matches on a PPV, that was also billed as a "double main event" and one usually opened. So Ambrose/Rollins might even be the curtain jerker. It won't be, but lol if it is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Just finished this. The Ambrose win was exactly the type of overbooked worthless horseshit I expected it to be, but at least they got it out of the way now instead of ruining the beginning of a PPV with it.

Oh well. An enjoyable raw overall. I wish Cena would just gently caress off already though. I like the guy but as long as he's around this company is treading water.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just finished this. The Ambrose win was exactly the type of overbooked worthless horseshit I expected it to be, but at least they got it out of the way now instead of ruining the beginning of a PPV with it.

Oh well. An enjoyable raw overall. I wish Cena would just gently caress off already though. I like the guy but as long as he's around this company is treading water.
I mean he's wrestling Jesus so of course he would be treading water all the goddamn time

I'm kind of glad it was a really short match because you really want to make Cena vs Ambrose a meaningful match in a more direct feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I dont mind how the match worked out. It could be a show of how Ambrose thrives in chaos. The whole loser gets Orton thing is pretty awful though.

• Locked thread