Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
But its not piddling its some kind of voluminous clear discharge. Doesn't smell too bad, actually thought she was just drooling profusely on the couch until I caught her in mid piddle. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow but wondering if anyone knows of this. German shepherds are weird as hell and mine is neurotic to the nines from years of absorbing my psychoses. She's female about five years old so its not that submissive urination bullshit (that was a fun phase). She eats well, is active, had all her shots, gets to go outside to relieve herself, seems in fighting form except for the half quarts of piddle twice a day on her bed and of course the couch. The only thing I can be accused of is she sometimes bowls me over while I'm eating to get at milk I'm drinking, I know that's a no no but from what I read that causes gas not bladder/kidney problems and it only happens a few times a month. Any ideas what could cause this, or is she just getting old (five doesn't seem to old and she's genetically sound, lineage traced from a healthy line).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If she's not spayed sometimes girl dogs kinda trickle.

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

Is it coming from her vulva? Is there an odor? Is she spayed?

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My friend had a puppy that would do this. Mostly in her sleep. They, too thought it was drool because it didn't have that urine smell and she was mostly house broken. But one day they saw it happen. About a month after this started they took her to be spayed and it stopped. Nobody was sure what it was.
:iiam:

Sorry I can't be more informative, but I'd take your dog to the vet for sure.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Ask the vet about spay incontinence. I'm not sure what it may be (lack of odor may indicate another issue) but it's something to keep in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just brought my mutt to the vet for the same thing last week. Just little drops all over the house, mostly when she was sleeping or exhausted.

The put her on female dog hormones (DES) once a day for a bit, then eventually will be once a week or two weeks even.

She is 7, and the lab is 10 and just started doing it too so she'll be on it starting night.

• Locked thread