Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most epic character in Borderlands
Tiny Tina
Claptrap
View Results

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No Such Thing posted:

uh, fuckin zer0, the cool daft punk robot ninja assassin
The best part is that he only speaks in Sandstorm by Darude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Claptrap has my vote, OP.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
why do goons hate borderlands 2 so much i thought it was pretty alright and kind of funny sometimes and handsome jack was a pretty good villain

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
it also had some good music

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

why do goons hate borderlands 2 so much i thought it was pretty alright and kind of funny sometimes and handsome jack was a pretty good villain

goons are niggers

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

i thought it was good too. i didn't care for the humor much but it was only groan-inducingly bad during the tiny tina segment. seemed like the meme poo poo was all relegated to that pseudo achievement system thing buried deep within the menus that i never looked at.

there were a couple funny bits. i liked the scooters poem quest as well as the guy who wanted you to shoot him in the head and was really enthusiastic about it. also the quest to kill yourself

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i wouldn't want to play it solo but it was fun with friends

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

For the same reason they go "No Me Gusta" to Guacamelee.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
imagine the final borderlands game where they bring back every single playable character

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

Widestancer posted:

guacamelee owns bones why would anyone do this, i geuss theres no accounting for stupid shitbrain idiots

also borderlsnds 2 is v good i played the poo poo out of it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Devour or Fire posted:

imagine the final borderlands game where they bring back every single playable character

gamemasteranthony... burch?!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Kewpuh posted:

well you have bad taste. what do you think about that.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

Gearbox is a scumbag company and the lead writer is a weirdo smug gently caress who admits on twitter that he lets other people gently caress his wife, but the game itself is alright. It has flaws, but it's competently made and I don't regret playing it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

he lets other people gently caress his wife

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

SunAndSpring posted:

Gearbox is a scumbag company and the lead writer is a weirdo smug gently caress who admits on twitter that he lets other people gently caress his wife, but the game itself is alright. It has flaws, but it's competently made and I don't regret playing it.

Tell me more about this wife of his :smuggo:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hell yeah le epic cukcery

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

SunAndSpring posted:

who loving cares when he's a weirdo smug gently caress who posts on twitter and works for Gearbox

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
working for gearbox and being on borderlands 2's credit roll is worse than anything you do with your wife or husband or hug pillow or fleshlight imo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Anthony Burch prints out tweets to him, then laminates and frames them.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I like shooters and borderlands 1 and 2 are fun IF YOU PLAY THEM WITH FREINDS

The gold key thing in blands2 was kinda janky tho

We should play this

Claptrap is fun to play as and his skill is amazing

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Widestancer posted:

Goons are dumb, Guacamelee has pretty good gameplay

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Widestancer posted:

We should play this

Claptrap is fun to play as and his skill is amazing

I kinda want to play this game but 60$ is a lot.

Any tips on deals?

(also voted Claptrap, Tiny Tina is cool but Claptrap is an original)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kewpuh posted:

the enemy scaling is really bad, the loot is mostly boring and the rpg stuff is very primitive

the writing, while terrible, is easy to just ignore so it's not really a big issue

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

RottenK posted:

the writing, while terrible, is easy to just ignore so it's not really a big issue
There has never been a villain I wanted to kill more than Handsome Jack.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i fukken love clatrap and cant wait to play as him in the presequel

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCQIPND1LC0
probably the best music in Borderlands 2. thoughts?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
they blew the best song borderlands has ever had right out of the gate in the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ8lkbKmFPk

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kewpuh posted:

it also had some good music
it has 4 guns and that's terrible

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
2 was fun if you had people to play it with and didnt play separately at all. it would be extremely boring solo

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Now that I look back, the humour is actually quite alright if you look past the memes and references.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i played through 1 twice and 2 once, all three times solo. still had good fun :>

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The writing in 1 was better than 2 I thought; sort of a "less is more" kinda deal with a much darker and spartan sense of everything.

2 was still kinda funny especially if you let down your "I'm a goon and childish things can't be funny" filter.

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

No Such Thing posted:

uh, fuckin zer0, the cool daft punk robot ninja assassin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Waiting for an epic gamer mashup of the two.

• Locked thread