Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Come on KC fans get loving pumped! Go flip a car I mean drat you,re finally going to the WS.

Not yet they're not. They still need one more win. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

I have to admit I don't really believe any of this is happening but goddamn I love it and if anyone wakes me up I'll be pissed.

This is me too.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thankfully Dave Roberts retired five years ago.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This. If the Yankees could blow a 3-0 lead, anyone can.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KC fans don't flip cars or set couches on fire they just drink for 12 hours and constantly yell woooo.

Sometimes 24 hours but that's just Jackson County.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

kiimo posted:

KC fans don't flip cars or set couches on fire they just drink for 12 hours and constantly yell woooo.

Sometimes 24 hours but that's just Jackson County.

Pit barbecue is generally involved as well

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
@joe_sheehan
Follow
Jesus. The #Royals are going to the World Series. They were 48-50. They were down 7-3 in the eighth.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
In 2005 I was in the Air Force and was doing Airman Leadership School. As part of ALS we had to do 3 news reports daily:
1) Event in your local area
2) Sports scores
3) Military related story

It became a running a joke in my class that one of the sports teams that EVERYONE would report on was the KC Royals. I think they won 2 maybe 3 games the entire time I was in ALS, but that just made me love them more. That 2005 season they went 56-106. I don't want to pretend to be one of those fans thats waited 29 years for this, but this is amazing. 1 game from the World Series. I wish I was in ALS now so I could talk about how awesome the Royals are. There is a real sense of destiny in KC right now. I haven't felt this kind of fever pitch about one of our sports franchises in a long time.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sandpuppy posted:

This. If the Yankees could blow a 3-0 lead, anyone can.
And it's going to be awesome when the Cardinals do it.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Did anyone get video of TBS using the Major League music? I'd love to see it.

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

He's like the media friendly guy with Dyson around, he gives all the acceptable answers to sports talk radio.
The funny thing about this is that some (dumb) sports radio guys were crushing him earlier in the year when he had a big game after getting called back up from AAA. Every question was about him getting demoted and how he felt about it, and all he said to every question was "Vargy/Vargas pitched a great game." It was his "both teams played hard" moment.

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

alone in the dark and scared always scared as hell
Its gonna be so fucken sweet to crush the hopes and dreams of a generation of KC baseball fans with our 3rd Championship in 6 5 years :twisted:

Malaclypse fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 15, 2014

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

Become the Darth Vader of MLB

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Malaclypse posted:

Its gonna be so fucken sweet to crush the hopes and dreams of a generation of KC baseball fans with our 3rd Championship in 6 years :twisted:

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

right even better

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
You would still be technically right :v:

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

i like that if The Giants were to win they would almost certainly become the "team of the decade"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Don't get cocky guys. Think of it more as "The Giants have won the World Series twice is the past sixty years."

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

We're number one! We're number one! :woop:

Number One in stolen bases and least strikeouts and in convincing fashion in both... Maybe there is something special about this team after all maybe they can break the magic/even year bullshit streak maybe, hahaha nah just kidding nl won't lose.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Best thread title in a long time

Alleric
Dec 10, 2002

Rambly Bastard...

Alman posted:

Pit barbecue is generally involved as well

I see nothing wrong with this. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
You would expect the Orioles to not get swept..I just don't see this KC team winning it all this season!!

• Locked thread