Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
btw rockets sound just like the movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd5FpCdYy-E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badass
Apr 14, 2014

Why can't everyone just get along

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Al Borland posted:

if you watch the left carefully you see a guy roll out the back horribly marred Im guessing.

What is going on with that guy? He looks like he's got a sweater halfway on as he's running past the tank.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Yesterday ISIS officially became pro-slavery. Now they have even more weapons at their disposal.

What other wacky adventures will ISIS think of next???

I :love: ISIS

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

1gnoirents posted:

trust me, them using tanks and otherwise very obvious heavy weapons is giving the US boners right now. Like someone just cranked up let the bodies hit the floor to 11 in an apache right now

like this but against tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaufhZv84Gk

god drat this owns

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Typical Pubbie posted:

What is going on with that guy? He looks like he's got a sweater halfway on as he's running past the tank.

The overpressure in the tank blew him out of the hatch and probably half-blew off his sweater. Best part is the potshot someone takes at him right before he gets to cover.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Typical Pubbie posted:

i assumed he was in the middle of trying to tear off his burning military uniform top or w/e

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

How the gently caress did that guy survive after all of the ammo in the tank caught on fire?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Badass posted:

mental illness aka religion

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Avalanche posted:

How the gently caress did that guy survive after all of the ammo in the tank caught on fire?

b.c. it doesn't all explode at the same time and i imagine not all the bullets are facing towards the crew compartment just a guess

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Beef Turret posted:

It should have been you
A bold statement. What makes you think it wasn't? :spooky:

Typical Pubbie posted:

Tanks get very hot when you have a lot of people cramped in a metal box. Even hotter in the desert. Lol idk why he was wearing his best cashmir sweater though.

Avalanche posted:

Well now I'm not sure on these tanks but usually they have a crew of several people a driver, top gunner, ammo guy and a main gun.

So odds are he was at the back and got blown out in the initial explosion. Had he not been blown out he'd be a deep fried crisp with his comrades.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

You may be a terrorist. Suggest you report yourself to the nearest authority to undergo an evaluation.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Chinatown posted:

this isnt ISIS related exactly but gently caress this is some amazing poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvuwUxaJmlo&t=50s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcQL8xTKQs8

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

1gnoirents posted:

trust me, them using tanks and otherwise very obvious heavy weapons is giving the US boners right now. Like someone just cranked up let the bodies hit the floor to 11 in an apache right now

like this but against tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaufhZv84Gk

Holy cow... I had never seen this video.

This is kinda hard to watch for me. I kinda hate the idea of killing other people.. . Buuut its gotta be done.

What kinda bugs me about this video tho, is when I see them shooting rockets or missile at one dude walking away. Feels like a waste of taxpayers money. Can't they just machinegun him to death?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
This is crazy. It's so hot in here.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dalael posted:

This is kinda hard to watch for me. I kinda hate the idea of killing other people.. . Buuut its gotta be done.

What kinda bugs me about this video tho, is when I see them shooting rockets or missile at one dude walking away. Feels like a waste of taxpayers money. Can't they just machinegun him to death?

Those are exploding giant bullets

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Faffel posted:

Those are exploding giant bullets

Some are, but I think he's referring to when they use the hellfires. In the full video (15+ minutes) you hear the pilots and gunners saying they're out of 30mm, and have to switch to missiles.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Yesterday ISIS officially became pro-slavery. Now they have even more weapons at their disposal.

What other wacky adventures will ISIS think of next???

video?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
If US forces destroy US military equipment that ISIS is using, do they have to replace them? Or does that violate the acceptable use policy they made the IA sign?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

How long will they be able to use our equipment anyway? It's not like they have a support infrastructure with spare parts and mechanics. I'd love to see a ghetto Abrams, though.

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
That's irrelevant. The question is can ISIS come up with an idea to really gently caress with the US like bin laden did. They are scary because they have better PR than the global hegemon does and mercians have been primed to feel utter terror at the world by their lovely local network news stations who are owned by weapons contractors. The war on terror was such a joy for the military and cops who where starting to feel a little pinched and now get to steal from us again. I say we re-equip our military with surplus nagants and just martch them though there and that would be fifty times cheaper. Boo hoo some would get shot, they are the most replaceable people we have. 'heros' have been milking 9/11 for almost a decade.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nice use of that video's audio.

Just realized that guy doesnt have any pants on lol.

So heres what I think happened. The explosion clearly throws the guy out the back hatch.

I'm guessing the shirt is the top of his military top. The pants prolly got torn up by the fire and explosion.

Dude doesn't even have shoes on lol.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 20, 2014

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

these are the same videos they show to people they are trying to recruit and it works really well

it's almost as if every time we go waving our dick in the middle east it just results in more people hating us

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Badass posted:

Commie.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Al Borland posted:

So heres what I think happened. The explosion clearly throws the guy out the back hatch.

I'm guessing the shirt is the top of his military top. The pants prolly got torn up by the fire and explosion.

After the heat of that fire the stuff hanging off him could be his own skin. High temperature burns are nasty.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Al Borland posted:

I've seen videos of T-72's cooking off and the TC usually gets blown out of the hatch with his close off like that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it's always kinda sad to see american war videos because it's always a plane or a helicopter or a drone way off in the sky shooting at people who can't fight back in any way

clearly you guys need to deploy your troops on the ground so i can get some cooler videos

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Ashmole posted:

I've seen videos of T-72's cooking off and the TC usually gets blown out of the hatch with his close off like that.

Man, that's crazy. Sucks that only the commander gets out.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

rofl

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

My Imaginary GF posted:

You may be a terrorist. Suggest you report yourself to the nearest authority to undergo an evaluation.

I recognize no authority except allah.

ISIS kills ARABS dead.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
just nuke everywhere except the usa,

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Chinatown posted:

who cares. let the tribes murder it out. equilibrium will eventually develop.

or not.

who cares.

The women and children they are raping and killing? I'm assuming they care :shrug:

Maybe I'm wrong, idk

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:worship:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Zzulu posted:

it's always kinda sad to see american war videos because it's always a plane or a helicopter or a drone way off in the sky shooting at people who can't fight back in any way

clearly you guys need to deploy your troops on the ground so i can get some cooler videos

there are tons of those but since its incredibly asymmetrical all it is are 3 talibans or whoever shooting through tiny holes in a lovely wall from really far away, the americans going WUT WUT WUT and shooting nearly randomly until the taliban run away, or very occasionally die. But there are shitloads of these videos.

And yeah they cant shoot the helis really but ... hey what are you gonna do. This isnt BF4.

Although there is one recent video of apaches destroying some stolen ANA trucks with big rear end AA guns on the back. While they were trying to figure out if they were ANA or not it turned towards the camera and shot right at the apache. It was pretty :o lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Al Borland posted:

Man, that's crazy. Sucks that only the commander gets out.

The thing about that video is it shows how baaad those tankers are. They are parked like 15 meters from eachother in an urban area, no scanning at all. Right after the one tank gets cooked, his wingman doesn't even react.

• Locked thread