Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

what glitches?

One of them is really minor, Nadia doesn't get a score bonus from melee kills, but Trevor can't move at all while using melee attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
The Wii version of the Anthology is great except that all of the non-Gamecube controller schemes are pretty dumb and there's no d-pad support when you use it for some reason. No Classic Controller support at all. Also there are short load times during stage transitions and the boot up load time/splash screens are pretty awful.

The Virtual Console versions have Classic Controller support but IIRC have the censorship flag ON so no blood. Also they're 9 bucks each, and 5 and 6 didn't get released.

Some of the individual home ports on PS1/PS2/Xbox have little extra modes that aren't in the emulated versions on the newer systems, but also some have punishing credits systems.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Metal Slug 3 on PC is pretty cool but I think it has sound issues if I remember right?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Great Joe posted:

Metal Slug 3 on PC is pretty cool but I think it has sound issues if I remember right?

Sound's fine for me. Go get it now.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
I bought a neo geo cabinet so I could play metal slug at home.... For real.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

OkieMurse posted:

Hahaha I love the dude just loving throwing missiles

I love that robot boss in 3 that does the same, gently caress launching missiles he just throws 'em at you

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Why on earth is the default graphics option for MS3 and X on steam Filter:On. It ruins the pixel perfection.

Personally I play fullscreen with filters off in 4:3 and with 100% scanlines. Looks amazing.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

liquid courage posted:

gotta agree. 3 has some pretty great bosses and all, but by the time i get to level 5 i'm burnt out on the game.

i dont like the level design in 3 nearly as much as 1 & 2 either. theres hardly any destructible terrain compared to the first 2, and the branching paths are cool but kinda imbalanced in that some are way shorter/easier than others. so if you're trying to 1cc there's pretty much an optimal route to take. its still a very good game though.

overall i'd say X is the best metal slug.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

Sound's fine for me. Go get it now.

Already did, but thanks. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

EvilMike posted:

i dont like the level design in 3 nearly as much as 1 & 2 either. theres hardly any destructible terrain compared to the first 2, and the branching paths are cool but kinda imbalanced in that some are way shorter/easier than others. so if you're trying to 1cc there's pretty much an optimal route to take. its still a very good game though.

overall i'd say X is the best metal slug.

zombie level is pretty drat fun though

• Locked thread