Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
And he finally lets you play and hands you the controller and the sticks are inverted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

but he refuses to let you change it cause it's HIS loving CONTROLLER and oh jeez he just bought it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
CONTROLLING A PERSON SHOULD NOT FEEL LIKE FLYING A PLANE. now would you please go make us some more hot pockets and be quiet because my mom's asleep.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i feel the same when way a bunch of friends and I used to play halo and that one guy would always pause the game everytime we started to invert the controls

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

OkieMurse posted:

controller

:colbert:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That feel when you see a post about playing a console shooter.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
there's no shame in playing a console shooter. it's just games man, it's all games

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

That feel when you see a post about playing a console shooter.

Touché

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

there's no shame in playing a console shooter. it's just games man, it's all games

some games are better than other games this is fact

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Guess what guys.. CPLs getting a new shooter! Its called severity.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
inverted matches the way muscles in our neck work for moving our head; pull down to look up (back of neck), push forward to look down (front of neck)

it is the sign of a true gamer. only casual scumlords use non-inverted on thumbsticks/joysticks.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Guess what guys.. CPLs getting a new shooter! Its called severity.

What the hell happened to John Romero?

He could do no wrong in the 90s. :(

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

psyman posted:

inverted matches the way muscles in our neck work for moving our head; pull down to look up (back of neck), push forward to look down (front of neck)

it is the sign of a true gamer. only casual scumlords use non-inverted on thumbsticks/joysticks.

Um, I think the less crazy way to see it is pushing UP should make you look UP and pushing DOWN should make you look DOWN.

wtf is with this neck muscle bullshit what are you a doctor or some poo poo?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Um, I think the less crazy way to see it is pushing UP should make you look UP and pushing DOWN should make you look DOWN.

wtf is with this neck muscle bullshit what are you a doctor or some poo poo?

yes he's Dr. Mario

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

OkieMurse posted:

And he finally lets you play and hands you the controller and the sticks are inverted.

Feel acknowledged.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
i dont play with inverted controls either but someone recently explained it to me in a way which at least helped it make sense: they basically imagine putting their thumb on the head of their character. push it forward and they look down

like i guess i can see how that might have been your first instinct if youre some kinda weirdo

edit: with fantasies of putting yr thumb on tiny peoples' heads

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

If it's like grabbing a dude by the back of his head and making him look around, right would look left?

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
no that would kinda make him tilt his head to one side

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

no it would snap his fuckin neck with your gamer strength :burger:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

no it would snap his fuckin neck with your gamer strength :burger:
respect dinner

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I feel the same way, but inverted.

No one inverts for me. I am the one who inverts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

quote:

watching him play a new shooter

quote:

hands you the controller
You need new friends.

• Locked thread