Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I've always loved writing my thoughts down and making them appear more concrete, and now that I'm teaching myself to a) cook and b) write articles for my friend's technology website, I've found myself in the market for a new pre-ruled notebook. I've got a few choices in mind but I'm wondering which notebooks goons can recommend.

Two possible choices that I like are:

Moleskine Ruled Notebook

Price: £12.55
Weight: 308g
Dimensions: 210 x 130mm
Other colours: available in a wide range of colours
Paper type:

Moleskine has been a popular brand for a while now, with several of my friends swearing by it. The book looks quite stylish and could easily fit in my pocket, and the hard cover would keep it from getting damaged. The price is quite high though, which is a concern. In addition, several Amazon reviewers have mentioned bleed-through when using fountain pens.

Silvine Executive Soft Feel Notebook Ruled with Marker Ribbon 160pp 90gsm A5 Black Ref 197BK

Price: £6.60
Weight: 340g
Dimensions: 143 x 90mm
Other colours: Lime green or tan
Paper type: cream

Cheaper than the Moleskine option, but also smaller – even though it weighs more. Still, a few grams won't make too much difference to me, and the fact that the paper is tougher than the Moleskine is definitely a plus. A solid cheaper option.

So those are my two favourites at this point. Hopefully I can get some decent alternative suggestions here though! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread