Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i don't have internet at my house and i dont have a lot of time to search up recipes.

i've been eating cottage cheese & berries for lunch for about 6 months and i'm bored of it, but i thought you guys might have some cool poo poo i could make myself at the beginning of the week with my cottage cheese.

looking for cool and simple recipes to spice up my lunch.

thanks friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Cottage cheese to me is best when it's really simple. I'll usually just add Lawry's seasoning salt or this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i feel like your trolling me big time bud, but i will pick up some creole seasoning this weekend just to try

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Not trolling. It really is pretty good IMO.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Tomatoes

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I like just having a scoop on the side as part of a salad.

You can also mix in dip mix and have a cottage-cheesy ranch/onion/dill dip for veggies.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Golden raisins in cottage cheese is good.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Put the cottage cheese in a lasagna in place of béchamel or ricotta.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
My mom used to make us a sweet cottage cheese snack...sliced apples to dip, and cottage cheese with nutmeg or cinnamon, some raisins, a little flavored extract, some pecans etc and mix them all together, plus a tiny bit of sweetener. No idea where she got it from, but I have seen variations all over the place. I liked granola in place of the pecans at times when I was little, but now I love the pecans.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

thanks friends, these all seem like good suggestions. please keep em coming

sharkattack
Mar 26, 2008

8bit Shark Attack!
Cottage cheese + quartered figs, roasted in olive oil and honey + toasted pine nuts + honey + sea salt and black pepper

It's unreasonably delicious.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

sharkattack posted:

Cottage cheese + quartered figs, roasted in olive oil and honey + toasted pine nuts + honey + sea salt and black pepper

It's unreasonably delicious.

hey can you explain the roasting more in depth? like do you have a guide? that sounds really loving good tbh

nazutul
Jul 12, 2006
Lemme tell you something, boy

I can't recommend this enough. Chop a few fresh and ripe tomatoes into cottage cheese. Add coarsely ground pepper and maybe a little salt. Beat it all together with a little (Kewpie brand) mayo and you've got a hell of a salad. It screams summer to me.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I usually do this with greek yoghurt but won't make a difference with cottage cheese.

Squeeze some ginger through a garlic press into the stuff (I usually use a couple of inch cubes for 500g or so), making sure the fibres don't get in or, alternately, blend ginger finely in spice grinder or something similar and just mix in. Let stand for an hour or so to permeate properly. Decent liquid honey to taste. Don't eat 500g at once unless you're a big fatty fat but drat is it good.

sharkattack
Mar 26, 2008

8bit Shark Attack!

LaTex Fetish posted:

hey can you explain the roasting more in depth? like do you have a guide? that sounds really loving good tbh
Sure! It's super simple.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Quarter your figs then toss them with a little olive oil and salt (and maybe some honey or brown sugar if they are a little underripe, or if you want them even sweeter).
Spread 'em out on a baking sheet, then pop 'em in the oven for 8-10minutes.
:)

You could also get the same effect in a pan on your stove top over medium-high heat. Just occasionally stir them around and it should take even less time. You just want them to get all soft and glaze-y looking, and maybe a little golden brown.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I like to add a little cottage cheese to a frittata, quiche, or omelette.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

nazutul posted:

I can't recommend this enough. Chop a few fresh and ripe tomatoes into cottage cheese. Add coarsely ground pepper and maybe a little salt. Beat it all together with a little (Kewpie brand) mayo and you've got a hell of a salad. It screams summer to me.

I just did this without (without mayo, that just seems kinda off to me) and WOW thanks for that, it was great.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I eat cottage cheese with tomatoes and montreal steak seasoning.

I don't use montreal steak seasoning for anything else and consider it moderately disgusting, but it's great on salads ? ? ? mmmmmmm dried onions.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Cottage Cheese
Granola
Dried Fruit (Raisins and dried cranberries are easiest)
Maybe a little bit of honey if you feel like it.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Pineapple is great in cottage cheese! Tomatoes also recommended. I like a bit of basil, oregano, small splash of good olive oil with my tomatoes kinda like a caprese salad.

I like olives too and cornichons and a cured sausage or ham product with it as well.

Late edit but Comedy Option: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrbLhJiAYF4

Here is Stovetop fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 28, 2014

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I'll mix some in while beating eggs for scrambled eggs. It's about the least effort thing ever and gives some creaminess to the eggs.

Robo Boogie Bot
Sep 4, 2011
My guilty pleasure, cottage cheese with diced, canned pears. It some how is not the same with pear halves or with fresh. I can't explain it.

Less weird option, cottage cheese on Ryevita with cherry tomatoes, black pepper, and dried basil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Cottage cheese, tomato, scallion greens and a hefty dose of Jane's Crazy Salt.

One of those "recipes" fished out of a midwestern church cookbook, but goddamn if I can stop cramming it into my mouth every time I make it.

• Locked thread