Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Civ 5 is dumb

The WW2 normandy invasion was a doomstack

One unit of tards with muskets should not inviolably occupy 10,000 square miles of rolling hills

1upt vs doomstax is a false dichotomy good game designers could have done something good instead of either

The ai can't play the game

lllllllloooooooooolllllllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Begone.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kneels down and bows my head, praying for the souls of the Yolomancer's victims when he finds out about this thread.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Kneels down and bows my head, praying for the souls of the Yolomancer's victims when he finds out about this thread.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I've never had a problem with IUPT since it makes utilizing terrain across multiple lines and the quality of each unit actually matter and effective utilization of strategy to defeat the odds work better.

Like I guess if there were ways to be able to stack more, like one of the military social policies or a wonder or something, that would add an interesting element, but there has to be a limit on it, I just find putting hundreds of units onto a single tile is just sorta...lame and annoying to deal with since it takes tactics away from military things and turns it into who has the biggest number above their head.

Plus the modding scene for Civ V is super awesome and I'm pretty sure a functional third expansion pack knitted together from several different big projects is pretty viable. My favorite one is Events and Decisions that basically transplants those things from EUIV and it adds an entirely new layer of uniqueness to literally every civ. plus like every country ever is in the works, currently people are doing the likes of Bhutan and Malta which is a pretty close testament to how close the game is to having the option of recreating nearly every political state in human history

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

Plus the modding scene for Civ V is super awesome and I'm pretty sure a functional third expansion pack knitted together from several different big projects is pretty viable. My favorite one is Events and Decisions that basically transplants those things from EUIV and it adds an entirely new layer of uniqueness to literally every civ. plus like every country ever is in the works, currently people are doing the likes of Bhutan and Malta which is a pretty close testament to how close the game is to having the option of recreating nearly every political state in human history

lmfao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the civ5 modding sucks rear end and who gives a poo poo about malta and bhutan. they did the same poo poo in civ4 (caveman 2 cosmos) and its insanely dumb

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

overall i probably prefer civ 5 now but i do miss assimilating other civs' cities through cultural dominance, turning lesser civs into vassals, and the more stylised leader portraits; civ 5's look pretty realistic, but don't have as much personality i think

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

the civ5 modding sucks rear end and who gives a poo poo about malta and bhutan. they did the same poo poo in civ4 (caveman 2 cosmos) and its insanely dumb

All I know about Civ 5 modding is that someone made a Metal Gear Solid civ which is cool but not cool enough for me to play Civ 5.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I miss playing Civ 2. I wish they'd offer it on Steam or GOG or something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Silver Striker posted:

All I know about Civ 5 modding is that someone made a Metal Gear Solid civ which is cool but not cool enough for me to play Civ 5.

the most insane thing about that mod is that it's actually pretty balanced and works pretty well, even in multiplayer

well okay we're presuming you can get a multiplayer game to work which is actually kind of a stretch in civ 5 but whatever

e: speaking of, has anyone messed with civ beyond girth's multiplayer yet? if that has a functional PitBoss mode i'll probably buy it before it gets the 10 patches it probably needs

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
buy it after the first expansion comes out, the ui is cray unwieldy right now

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i stand with Pewdiepie

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I think both have value as solid games

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

the best civ mod is Rise of the Homos

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

mdm posted:

I think both have value as solid games

speak of the devil!

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

conceitedguy posted:

the best civ mod is Rise of the Homos

they made a mod of your life story? lmao. keep the change bitch

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

If your one of the queers who likes Civ 4 better than Civ 5 I'm going to hunt you down and kill you Irl. You've been warned.

you couldnt kill me even if you tried

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

And you know what ? Civ 2 is better than 4 OR 5.

Fist fight pewds, only way you will take me.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Endless Legend is probably a better Civ 5 than Civ 5. I like the squad idea as a good compromise between stacks and one unit per tile..

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
civ 2 test of time had the kickass scifi scenario where you can clone dinosaurs and make giant scorpions and bees so sorry, you're all wrong

• Locked thread