Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
By the way, the answer to the question in the title? Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffer muffle
Oct 15, 2010

RE: RUN SUPPORT

Spoeank posted:

I bonded with my (late) father at countless Kings games as a kid because he worked for Good Guys (who had a suite) and they literally could not give the tickets away.

Dads are the real Kings is what I'm saying.

For real.

Dads and sports.
I was reminiscing with him about my first Giants game the other night. He took me to the Stick when I was six and I ended up seeing Matt Williams' first career homer. (I'm old)

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Ammat The Ankh posted:

By the way, the answer to the question in the title? Yes.

I was actually a little surprised the thread title didn't get edited once the score ballooned to 11-4, haha.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
It's like there's two Royals teams from parallel dimensions and it's a tossup as to which one will show up on a given night

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

JerryLee posted:

It's like there's two Royals teams from parallel dimensions and it's a tossup as to which one will show up on a given night

You could say the same about the Giants :v:

Probably why the series has been good so far.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fluffer muffle posted:

For real.

Dads and sports.
I was reminiscing with him about my first Giants game the other night. He took me to the Stick when I was six and I ended up seeing Matt Williams' first career homer. (I'm old)

My first Giants game was the first Until There's A Cure Night with my dad and I met Mike Krukow (not knowing who he was at the time) and it was the coolest poo poo ever. Our dads sound like cool smart dudes.

DAD CHAT.

Edit:

vvvv I still watch but I've moved to San Jose so I just go when they're at Oracle vvvv

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Spoeank posted:

The fans are there. The Maloofs did a lot to drive a ton of people away. After it was clear that they weren't interested in winning, I boycotted & stopped following the NBA until they were no longer part of the league.

Now the Kings are all warm and fuzzy (and still terrible) again :unsmith:

Yeah the Maloofs killed a lot of goodwill. Folks turned out early last season but stopped showing up when it became apparent the team was still bad.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ambassador of Funk posted:

You could say the same about the Giants :v:

Probably why the series has been good so far.

Game 3 is really the only one I would call good so far. The others have been humiliating blowouts in one direction or the other.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Zip! posted:

Yeah there are some and you get big crowds at Wembley for the novelty factor but I think if we got a team full time it wouldn't be a success once that wears off after a year or so.

Unless they won.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Me IRL waiting for Game 5.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That was quick:

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Allll according to plan...

Tom @Haudricourt
Yost, asked if expects 7 games: "Somewhere inside of me secretly I had hoped that it would go 7 games for the excitement and thrill of it."
11:44pm · 25 Oct 2014 · Twitter Web Client

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ned Yost masturbating furiously to the thought of a game 7 walkoff bunt

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Ned Yost masturbating furiously to the thought of a game 7 walkoff bunt

If you don't masturbate furiously to this you're dead inside.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A game 7 walk off bunt means a Royals world series victory is that what you want ALL-PRO SEXMAN

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

A game 7 walk off bunt means a Royals world series victory is that what you want ALL-PRO SEXMAN

No but if the Royals have to win I'd prefer it to be that way.

I mean, I want to see a World Series end with a walk off bunt in Game 7. Just not this one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Game 7.
Bottom 9th.
Man on 3rd.
Giants 4, Royals 3.
2 outs.
Bunt.
Out at first.

1st and 3rd base coach and the bullpen and the batter and runner at third and the batboy and the on deck batter walk off the field and into the clubhouse. They sit there despondent and wonder why Yost bunts so much.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Can someone make a gif out of that slow-motion replay of Pence catching the ball and doing the crazy eyes and tongue? I need it for reasons.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Karl Rove posted:

Can someone make a gif out of that slow-motion replay of Pence catching the ball and doing the crazy eyes and tongue? I need it for reasons.

no kink shaming, everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Karl Rove posted:

That's like every Pence replay so you gotta link it

• Locked thread