Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

wheez the roux posted:

gently caress san francisco get flushed into the ocean tia

The one thing from Deus Ex I really hope happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

axeil posted:

i turned off the game. on a scale of "a goon's life" to "a successful person" how embarrassing is it?

2 goons lives. I was cringing.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Eh, half their players are either injured or suspended right now but they'll be back for the home stretch of the season. If the Seahawks play the way they have been we'll finish second and stagger into a wild card berth.

I think either the Seahawks or the 49ers could turn it around and the 49ers do have the more favorable schedule but the Cardinals are going 15-1 and winning the Super Bowl so it won't matter. (at least one can hope).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SourKraut posted:

I think either the Seahawks or the 49ers could turn it around and the 49ers do have the more favorable schedule but the Cardinals are going 15-1 and winning the Super Bowl so it won't matter. (at least one can hope).

Well, as long as it isn't the Seahawks.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
I know I've said about a million "worst thing about this game" but I think we can all agree is that it's not even midnight and baseball's gone. This game went by too quickly.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Hail Satan And The Dread Lord Barry

Don't let the door hit your rear end on the way out, Selig

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Mister Perky posted:

Do let the door hit your rear end on the way out, Selig

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
And thank goodness Gordon didn't try to score because he probably would've and Gregor Blanco would be required by the Unwritten Rules Of Baseball to change his name to Fred Snodgrass

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

axeil posted:

i turned off the game. on a scale of "a goon's life" to "a successful person" how embarrassing is it?

i feel so bad for the guy i'm almost going to buy a chevy. almost.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Alright so see you all in a week, when we're shrieking about how loving bad the Twins pitching will be this year.

Did I say "we're"? I mean "I'm".

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The play of the game wasn't the Blanco error, it was the Bunt.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

rickiep00h posted:

Alright so see you all in a week, when we're shrieking about how loving bad the Twins pitching will be this year.

Did I say "we're"? I mean "I'm".

Count me in for a "we're."

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Someone get Joe Buck some chapstick.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Thanks for sticking with us fans. Now please join me, Joe Buck, for yet another rendition of God Bless America.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Wooohoooooohoooooooooooooo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tetrix posted:

i feel so bad for the guy i'm almost going to buy a chevy. almost.

i own a chevy :smith:

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I know I've said about a million "worst thing about this game" but I think we can all agree is that it's not even midnight and baseball's gone. This game went by too quickly.

i was so excited for bonus postseason baseball.

and the giants stole it from me :mad:

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

i own a chevy :smith:

i was so excited for bonus postseason baseball.

and the giants stole it from me :mad:

I dunno man, the error in the outfield almost gave you more bonus baseball. Blame Perez for his lovely at bat.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
c

JosefStalinator posted:

I dunno man, the error in the outfield almost gave you more bonus baseball. Blame Perez for his lovely at bat.

can i blame both?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Watching Erin Andrews and Bud Selig during the Chevy guy's speech is hilarious.

Erin is trying as hard as possible to not crack up, and Bud is wondering who the hell is this guy while still on-camera.

Tremendous.

https://vid.me/D6N

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

AsInHowe posted:

Watching Erin Andrews and Bud Selig during the Chevy guy's speech is hilarious.

Erin is trying as hard as possible to not crack up, and Bud is wondering who the hell is this guy while still on-camera.

Tremendous.

https://vid.me/D6N

I love the card he reads from. And how he doesn't have the keys. Would it have killed Chevy to bring in someone who has PR skills?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

I love the card he reads from. And how he doesn't have the keys. Would it have killed Chevy to bring in someone who has PR skills?

gently caress, just have Erin do it.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Giving a speech on national tv is hard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
And so we come the final chapter, in which Alan Huber and Baseball come to the enchanted place and we say goodbye.

"Goodbye? Oh please can't we go back to Opening Day and do it all over again?"

Sorry Baseball, but all seasons must have an ending. Yes the time had come at last. Alan Huber was going away to retirement, nobody in the leagues knew where or why he was going, except for it had something to do with "Memoirs" and where some place called "Marquette University" was.

"Baseball, what do you like doing best in the world? " Alan Huber asked.

"What I like best is when you come to visit me and you saying "buy me some peanuts and crackerjack..."

"I like that too. But what I like best is just doing nothing."

"How do you do just nothing?"

"Well, it's when the grown-ups ask 'what are you going to do about the game?' and you're saying 'something' and then you go out and do nothing."

"I like that. Let's do it all the time!"

"You know something Baseball? .... I'm not going to do nothing any more."

"You mean never again?"

"Well, not so much. Baseball, when I'm away just doing nothing will you come up here sometimes?"

"You mean alone? Just me?"

"Yes. And Baseball. Promise you won't forget me,ever?"

"Oh I won't Alan, I promise."

"Not even when I'm a hundred?"

"How old shall I be then?"

"165, silly old game."

Wherever they go and whatever happens to them on the way in that enchanted place in the cornfields a little game will always be waiting.

• Locked thread