Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorars
Nov 28, 2012
Anyone else think this is the greatest loving show since sliced loving bread? Such a deft combination of realism and satire has not been seen in many-a-moon. Sad to say but, Veep has nothing on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
I agree

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Yep absolutely brilliant comedy, fantastic characters and memorable quotes.

I wondered if it'd have a resurgence with Capaldi now being Dr Who, but it doesn't appear so :(

Zorars
Nov 28, 2012

Bloodbath posted:

Yep absolutely brilliant comedy, fantastic characters and memorable quotes.

I wondered if it'd have a resurgence with Capaldi now being Dr Who, but it doesn't appear so :(

*laughs* I didn't know this! I've not seen too much Dr. Who, but I am heartily amused imagining Malcom shouting and cursing at his time-traveling companions.

I feel sorry for Chris Langham. Hugh was an excellent character, and as he explained it, his situation had to do with what happened to him as a child and not active pederasty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Langham

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Zorars posted:

*laughs* I didn't know this! I've not seen too much Dr. Who, but I am heartily amused imagining Malcom shouting and cursing at his time-traveling companions.

I feel sorry for Chris Langham. Hugh was an excellent character, and as he explained it, his situation had to do with what happened to him as a child and not active pederasty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Langham

It's not too far off to how he plays his Doctor, but still this would be better and has been cracking me up for months:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu6jO_cxiqQ

edit: Bummer, only place I can find this show streaming is on Hulu and I *just* cancelled that. I'll have to hit it up next time I subscribe.

McGann fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 30, 2014

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Any time Julius Nicholson and Malcolm are in a room together is the best TV of the last decade.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

spamman posted:

Any time Julius Nicholson and Malcolm are in a room together is the best TV of the last decade.

I love Steve Fleming; you always think Malcolm is the biggest psycho on the stage, and then up pops Fleming with that weird laughter and it's just amazing.

Thread title should have been "from bean to cup, you gently caress up".

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Just chiming in to say while Veep isn't awful or anything, it's poo poo compared to The Thick of It.

So if you like Veep just watch this, the better show.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I thought Veep improved a lot over the first season as they started to develop the characters a bit. It's got a different tone too.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Oct 31, 2014

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I absolutely love The Thick of It and think Veep is hands-down the funniest show on TV at the moment, waiting on the next season. I should also mention In The Loop, the sort of movie version of The Thick of It with largely the same cast, some playing different characters but it has Malcolm too. I'd love more TToI but I want more Veep and wouldn't mind if Iannucci spent his spare time on more Partridge too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

spamman posted:

"I will not eat the pissy biscuit!"

Love this show, it's remarkable how it managed to survive and thrive after having to jettison one of the main characters after season 2.

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005
Let's not forget about Tuckers law.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

I absolutely love The Thick of It and think Veep is hands-down the funniest show on TV at the moment, waiting on the next season. I should also mention In The Loop, the sort of movie version of The Thick of It with largely the same cast, some playing different characters but it has Malcolm too. I'd love more TToI but I want more Veep and wouldn't mind if Iannucci spent his spare time on more Partridge too.

The film is worth it alone just to get more of the crossest man in Scotland. Jamie was sorely missed in the last few series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Easily one of the best comedies of the last decade. I always find it strange that it doesn't get more attention.

spamman posted:

Same goes for Steve Fleming, one of the most underrated characters on the show.

Also, the nicknames!

And let's not forget one of the best moments of the entire

• Locked thread