Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Shame on all of you for using a subforum for its intended purpose instead of mindlessly dumping anime for 3 days straight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Shame on all of you for using a subforum for its intended purpose instead of mindlessly dumping anime for 3 days straight!

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
why can't you be more funny and post random epic cat pictures in their own threads instead of in a megathread

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It didn't do that mindlessly, they were all my favorites!

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
Most of the popular threads in PYF seem to fall into the arguable subject of at least one other forum (i.e. TVTropes (now moved) to GBS, The Finer Arts; Less Wrong mock thread to D&D, P/C and IYG; Macros/Memes to GBS and TFR).

Given that I don't think anyone's in PYF (worth caring about) just because they really, really like lists I think it could be a good idea to dispense the megathreads to other subforums, do something heinously tyrannical to scare everyone out of PYF (I'm sure you can think of something!), and then close it for lack of content.

Who's with me on this?

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Yes we should move all the threads out of PYF and then close it because it has no threads.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Zeta posted:

Yes we should move all the threads out of PYF and then close it because it has no threads.

Sounds good to me.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bwee posted:

why can't you be more funny and post random epic cat pictures in their own threads instead of in a megathread

this guys, we should start a new thread for every picture of every cat.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Zeta posted:

This literally being my plan, I agree.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh god we're having a discussion about where PYF should be headed, this almost always ends with dozens of pages of lovely arguments and scads of people being banned/probated and mods flipping out. This was Franco's plan all along. :ohdear:

Just post cats, people. Just. Post. Cats.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krotera posted:

Given that I don't think anyone's in PYF (worth caring about) just because they really, really like lists I think it could be a good idea to dispense the megathreads to other subforums, do something heinously tyrannical to scare everyone out of PYF (I'm sure you can think of something!), and then close it for lack of content.
Why bother though? Why is the existence of PYF a problem that needs to be solved?

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

Tiggum posted:

Why bother though? Why is the existence of PYF a problem that needs to be solved?

Some people just cant stand the idea of threads that they would never read or post in being certain ways

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tiggum posted:

Why is the existence of PYF a problem that needs to be solved?

The PYF subforum is a goddamned anomaly. It was literally created as a posting ghetto where they could move a bunch of white noise GBS threads but it's somehow one of the most popular forums on the entire board.
I just checked and the 5 most populated forums right this minute are:

Games - 1202 users browsing (note that this includes the 6 Games subforums)
GBS - 676 users browsing
Post Your Favorite - 513 users browsing
Debate & Discussion - 501 users browsing
TV IV - 227 users browsing

Third most popular forum, bitches. :clint:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Games - 1202 users browsing (note that this includes the 6 Games subforums)
GBS - 676 users browsing
Post Your Favorite - 513 users browsing
Debate & Discussion - 501 users browsing

Pet Island - 11 users browsing

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Pet Island - 11 users browsing

Coupons & Deals - 33 users browsing

I don't know what the hell people are doing in the PI subforum to make cute pets three times less popular than Coupons and Deals but ... drat.

Edit: Comedy Gas Chamber - 39 users browsing
People would rather read the garbage threads that the other forums have rejected than browse PI. Come on now.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Nov 7, 2014

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
This forum needs an enema

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't get the hate, is it a "when I was a youngin' we had to walk both ways uphill :bahgawd:" thing? It's nice having aggregate-threads. Want endless pages of cat pictures? There you go! Schadenfreude? Over here!
I mean yeah, sure you can find those pictures elsewhere on the web, but the convenience of having them all in one place like that is nice. An added bonus is not having to (in general) trudge trough the pages of hilarious racism and stuff you find on so many other aggregate-type places. :shobon:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Your Computer posted:

An added bonus is not having to (in general) trudge trough the pages of hilarious racism and stuff you find on so many other aggregate-type places. :shobon:

I thought you were going to say "Stuff you find in GBS." :v:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Racism is mever hilarious

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Oh god we're having a discussion about where PYF should be headed, this almost always ends with dozens of pages of lovely arguments and scads of people being banned/probated and mods flipping out. This was Franco's plan all along. :ohdear:

Just post cats, people. Just. Post. Cats.
PYF is fine, no need to change anything.
This cat is big.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Say Nothing posted:

This cat is big.

Man small.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
It seems to have become something of a SA tradition. Every two months or so, some admin or mod gets an aneurysm, goes "I don't like [thread/subforum], it should be more like fyad", and in floods the people who have pried the shift keys from their keyboards, emptyquoting "lol anime" at each other for eternity in some kind of hosed up ouroboros.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mr. Sunshine posted:

It seems to have become something of a SA tradition. Every two months or so, some admin or mod gets an aneurysm, goes "I don't like [thread/subforum], it should be more like fyad", and in floods the people who have pried the shift keys from their keyboards, emptyquoting "lol anime" at each other for eternity in some kind of hosed up ouroboros.

People want things to be better than they are but often don't know how to implement it. So it goes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Huh, it turns out that I'm the 6th most prolific poster in PYF.

Say Nothing posted:

I remember the old days when the PYF mods ruled with iron fists and had gigantic lists of rules and probated scads of people every day, and the time when somethingsensitive got a bug up their butt and doxxed one of our mods. PYF has been going through a really great period lately (apart from the STOP REPORTING DUMB poo poo thing). Apparently we don't even need multiple mods to watch over us and we've been trimmed back to one.

Apparently PI needs two mods to keep their 11 posters in order. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 12:14 on Nov 7, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm... I wonder who's the most prolific, just let me take a glance...

codespace
May 3, 2011

Apparently PI needs two mods to keep their 11 posters in order. :v:

PI posters can be vicious little shits at the slightest provocation. It's why no one browses or posts there anymore.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

codespace posted:

PI posters can be vicious little shits at the slightest provocation. It's why no one browses or posts there anymore.

Yeah, they fight like cats. Maybe we should have them declawed?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The egg thread is dead

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Y'all want to shut down PYF? Ban Say Nothing. Without him/her, the place would rapidly degenerate into endless arguments about which way to wipe or if I really did just watch someone die. Ban Say Nothing, or face the consequences... (Please don't ban Say Nothing)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

CJacobs posted:

This.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

CJacobs posted:

Agreed, but unironically.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PleasingFungus posted:

Agreed, but unironically.

Hm i think only relevant anime should be posted.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Elfgames posted:

I think only relevant eggs should be posted

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Elfgames posted:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elfgames posted:

Vindolanda posted:

I think only relevant eggs should be posted

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anime eggs?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Say Nothing posted:

Anime eggs?

Animeggs.