Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hmm this is still stuck here, I knew I should have used butter instead of olive oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Scotch Eggs are proof there is a caring god.

(A hardboiled egg, wrapped in sausage meat, rolled in breadcrumbs, then deepfried.)

Even better when you make them with soft boiled eggs.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hmm this is still stuck here, I knew I should have used butter instead of olive oil.

:v: margarine

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Scrambled with a little bit of milk when I whip them to make them extra fluffy.

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music
I'm from STL, and we have the slinger. Two eggs, hamburger patty, hash browns, covered in chili. Add raw white onion, maybe some mustard. Only eat if you're drunk.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat
I'm sure this recipe was invented by someone already, but I don't know its name.

Ingredients:

* Tortilla, tiny. Taco sized. Flour.
* Eggs. Four. Exactly four.
* Cheese. Mexican blend. 1/4 cup.
* Butter. A tablespoon.
* Cholula. The champagne of hot sauce.

Prep:

* Put the tortilla on a plate. "You didn't list a plate in the ingredients!" THEN PUT THE TORTOLA ON THE COUNTER YOU loving HOBO.
* Sprinkle the cheese on to the tortilla.
* Butter your frying pan.
* Fry your eggs. I like 'em over easy for this because I think the other textures mix well. I won't order you to fry them any particular way. I'm a dick, not a dictator.
* Place the goddamn eggs lovingly on top of the cheese.
* Cover that bitch in Cholula. Don't add salt or pepper. Doesn't need it.
* Bring your pan and poo poo to the sink and put some water on that bitch. Or play with yourself. Whatever. Just let those eggs she for maybe 30 seconds to one minute so the cheese starts to melt from the heat of the eggs.
* Use a fork and knife. Cut sections off like you would a pie, with the bottom tortilla acting as a crust. Put the food into your face to try and fill the gaping hole in your life.
* Clean up after yourself. loving barbarian.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

I added a bit of mustard to eggs and then scrambled them. Is that a thing already? It was good. Ate em with some pork chorizo and cheddar in a breakfast burrito.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Jo posted:

I'm sure this recipe was invented by someone already, but I don't know its name.

Ingredients:

* Tortilla, tiny. Taco sized. Flour.
* Eggs. Four. Exactly four.
* Cheese. Mexican blend. 1/4 cup.
* Butter. A tablespoon.
* Cholula. The champagne of hot sauce.

Prep:

* Put the tortilla on a plate. "You didn't list a plate in the ingredients!" THEN PUT THE TORTOLA ON THE COUNTER YOU loving HOBO.
* Sprinkle the cheese on to the tortilla.
* Butter your frying pan.
* Fry your eggs. I like 'em over easy for this because I think the other textures mix well. I won't order you to fry them any particular way. I'm a dick, not a dictator.
* Place the goddamn eggs lovingly on top of the cheese.
* Cover that bitch in Cholula. Don't add salt or pepper. Doesn't need it.
* Bring your pan and poo poo to the sink and put some water on that bitch. Or play with yourself. Whatever. Just let those eggs she for maybe 30 seconds to one minute so the cheese starts to melt from the heat of the eggs.
* Use a fork and knife. Cut sections off like you would a pie, with the bottom tortilla acting as a crust. Put the food into your face to try and fill the gaping hole in your life.
* Clean up after yourself. loving barbarian.

That's basically the only way my wife will eat eggs.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The flaming lip posted:

I'm from STL, and we have the slinger. Two eggs, hamburger patty, hash browns, covered in chili. Add raw white onion, maybe some mustard. Only eat if you're drunk.

Well, if everyone from Saint Louis eats this, it makes the violent killing much more understandable. Life must have no meaning if this is what meets you in the morning.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The flaming lip posted:

I would change the hash browns for rice, but save that, I would eat the poo poo out of that plate.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
I have about 100 quail eggs in the fridge so I used 30 of them to make a frittata today.

Potato, bacon, and spinach, topped with hot sauce. I ate the whole thing but it needed more salt. The next one is going to be made with cotija instead of parmesan, pollo asada, and maybe black or pinto beans.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist has a new favorite as of 08:04 on Dec 7, 2014

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music

gleebster posted:

Well, if everyone from Saint Louis eats this, it makes the violent killing much more understandable. Life must have no meaning if this is what meets you in the morning.

Oh god, you would never eat a slinger in the morning. You only eat it at tiffanys at 3 am after the bars close.

See also: the Toby, which is the exact thing except with white gravy instead of chili, and the ying yang, which has chili AND gravy.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That slinger looks loving awesome. I'm hungry as gently caress.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Bob Saget IRL posted:

I added a bit of mustard to eggs and then scrambled them. Is that a thing already? It was good. Ate em with some pork chorizo and cheddar in a breakfast burrito.

Depending on what kind of mustard you mean, I'm pretty sure it's the chorizo and cheddar that made it work.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

I have about 100 quail eggs in the fridge so I used 30 of them to make a frittata today.

Potato, bacon, and spinach, topped with hot sauce. I ate the whole thing but it needed more salt. The next one is going to be made with cotija instead of parmesan, pollo asada, and maybe black or pinto beans.

Oh man I love Frittata.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Today I learned what a frittata is, spell check doesn't know it so I don't feel too bad. Thanks egg thread here is a list of egg dishes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_egg_dishes

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

The flaming lip posted:

oh sure, goons jizz in their pants over this, but bring up Cincinnati chili five-ways and they lose their goddamn minds

I would eat either one when drunk fight me irl

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Depending on what kind of mustard you mean, I'm pretty sure it's the chorizo and cheddar that made it work.

Just regular yellow. Probably about a tablespoon with 5 eggs and a bit of milk too. Scrambled that stuff up and it was good. Eggs were fluffy with a bit of tang.

E: i didnt eat all the eggs. I was premaking breakfast burritos for some morns.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I made a 24 hour crock pot chili this weekend, I then barely fried an egg over easy, put in a bowl, one ladle of chili on it and stirred it all up.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Separate the yolk from the whites. Fry the egg whites thoroughly with butter. When turned over gently place the yolk on top and finish cooking.

Result: Perfectly cooked whites AND perfectly cooked yolks. Then eat with whatever topping of your choice or just toast.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Alternatively, just fry a fuckin' egg.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Caitlin posted:

Alternatively, just fry a fuckin' egg.

qtiyd

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I eat a lot of hardboiled eggs for PROTEIN purposes and I like to cook them at 165 in a sous vide bath for an hour. Perfectly cooked whites with a set but still creamy yolk.

If I'm cooking them for breakfast on the weekend I like them over easy so I can rub the liquid yolk all over my face.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

chicken on a raft because I'm a 19th century sailor in the Royal Navy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVihOxP2QeY

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I master baste all my eggs. Use chicken stock for the final part.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Fashioned into omelette form and served by an IHOP waitress with big boobs and no pants.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Dave_Indeed posted:

Fashioned into omelette form and served by an IHOP waitress with big boobs and no pants.

If it's IHOP she ain't got no teeth, either

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
Spanish style fried eggs. You heat up some olive oil and then you put the egg into the oil. Then spoon the oil over, or whatever. The white gets all crispy and delicious, while the yolk remains smooth and runny.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Hipster_Doofus posted:

God drat!

Wish I had some tomatoes on hand... :(

I was all set to try this last night until I discovered that I only had one paltry-sized tomato on hand, and I was making dinner for two. But I did have some red peppers, and that worked great. Plus you can fit 2 eggs in a goodly sized pepper to maximize your eggy satisfaction!

Cut off 1/3 of the pepper lengthwise, so you make a boat rather than a cup. Scoop out the seeds/core, roast em at 400 for about 30 minutes. Put 2 eggs in each "boat" (or whatever fits), throw that back in the oven for about another 8-10 minutes. Put cheese (I used white cheddar) on top, back in the oven until cheese melts and gets bubbly. Season. Devour.

I may have to try the tomato version for lunch today since I still have leftover hashbrowns.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Dec 19, 2014

Barrington
Oct 5, 2010

Mo' shekels
I cook most of my food on a bed of hot mercury, like this champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB7gzJnfP4Q

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I've been trying that Ramsey method a bit, and the flavor is nice and all, but I basically come away with egg paste, and that's not super pleasant.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Eggs erroneous

My friend Vern and I used to get them at summer camp.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Frostwerks posted:

Would eggs on rice with soy sauce be any good I wonder.

Yup, make an omelette out of them, chop it into bitesize bits, set aside. Stir-fry some veggies with a little curry paste (Thai red curry works, or a proper home-made nasi goreng paste, I tend to be lazy and use shop-bought or a mix of garlic, ginger and sambal ulek pastes and dashi powder instead of trassi for a vegetarian version), add some leftover boiled rice from last night's dinner, throw in the omelette bits and drown the thing in soy sauce. Add toppings like sliced spring onion, crispy fried onions, serundeng/chopped peanuts, chilli oil, sesame oil, ketjap manis, whatever you like/have in the cupboards. The best breakfast ever, and a nice way to use up leftover rice.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Stottie Kyek posted:

Yup, make an omelette out of them, chop it into bitesize bits, set aside. Stir-fry some veggies with a little curry paste (Thai red curry works, or a proper home-made nasi goreng paste, I tend to be lazy and use shop-bought or a mix of garlic, ginger and sambal ulek pastes and dashi powder instead of trassi for a vegetarian version), add some leftover boiled rice from last night's dinner, throw in the omelette bits and drown the thing in soy sauce. Add toppings like sliced spring onion, crispy fried onions, serundeng/chopped peanuts, chilli oil, sesame oil, ketjap manis, whatever you like/have in the cupboards. The best breakfast ever, and a nice way to use up leftover rice.

Isn't this basically a non-fried fried rice recipe?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Pretty much, yup. Very nice with egg in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Captain Lavender posted:

I've been trying that Ramsey method a bit, and the flavor is nice and all, but I basically come away with egg paste, and that's not super pleasant.

The Ramsey method is how I usually cook scrambled eggs. I only use his heating and stirring technique and don't bother with the sour cream/chives etc. They always come out perfect to my taste, however, they are kind of like a custard. To some people, they perceive the eggs as under-done.

• Locked thread