Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
pigeons are awesome

they can find their way home even if you put them in a truck and drive for ages

lookit this fancy motherfucker

woah mate nice tail

no this is just silly

post the best pigeons. Fancy pigeons, wild pigeons, doves (literally just posh pigeons). Fictional pigeons also acceptable, but only if they're really good, pokemons are not pigeons they are pokemons.

NO NON PIGEON BIRDS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When I got to go to chicago there were some fatass pigeons. This is the only pic I can find from that trip of them:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
City Face from Gunnerkrigg Court is the best pigeon.

On that note, Gunnerkrigg Court is the best comic and you should totally be reading it.

u think u clever
Apr 22, 2008

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Dodo. Too bad it's extinct.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

:birddrugs:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:swoon:

greypearl
Jul 26, 2007
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

There is no argument, the best pigeon was a war hero named Cher Ami. She flew during World War I, and delivered a message that saved almost 200 soldiers despite being shot and having one of her legs nearly blown off. Her troops carved her a little wooden leg for her use after she healed up. For all of her life, she was believed to be a male bird, but after her death, her secret was revealed. Truly a heroic and progressive bird.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Zemyla posted:

City Face from Gunnerkrigg Court is the best pigeon.

On that note, Gunnerkrigg Court is the best comic and you should totally be reading it.

Gunnerkrigg Court is actually really bad. See: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672461

Agatha Crispies
Jan 15, 2010

Contains 100% daily dose of little grey cells

Spanish Manlove posted:

When I got to go to chicago there were some fatass pigeons. This is the only pic I can find from that trip of them:

Once while walking down Chicago's State Street I saw a pair of pigeon wings lying on the sidewalk. No body or head, just wings.

Purple-crowned pigeon.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

OH MY GOD WHO CANT RELATE TO THIS WHAT A loving SLICE OF LIFE AMAZING WOW

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Nov 2, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it is, in fact, really really bad

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Wood pigeon!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

how about you explain without directing people to some terrible shithead hellhole webcomic thread
the right choice that isn't getting murdered by the crazy doctor one

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

yes it's bad because incredibly funny forums poster scalded schlong keeps posting it and says it is bad so it must be bad, he is of course the only reason to read that thread and not say the comic about the penis smurfs

i love never forming my own opinions

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

penis smurfs
What?

Birmingham rollers, pigeons that have been bred to do tumbles in the air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQ90xNutTc

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

these pigeons look like someone has taken that swirly photoshop blur tool to their feathers. They are excellent pigeons (though probably not very well suited to survival in the wild)

Agatha Crispies posted:

Purple-crowned pigeon.

this pigeon is very pretty, A+

scalded schlong posted:

it is, in fact, really really bad

Captain Invictus posted:

how about you explain without directing people to some terrible shithead hellhole webcomic thread

Acne Rain posted:

yes it's bad because incredibly funny forums poster scalded schlong keeps posting it and says it is bad so it must be bad, he is of course the only reason to read that thread and not say the comic about the penis smurfs

these posts are not in fact about your favourite pigeon. Please do not make posts that are not about beautiful or otherwise excellent pigeons.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Acne Rain posted:

it is very bad

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Agatha Crispies
Jan 15, 2010

Jacobin pigeons are Very Fancy.

Fancier

Fanciest

...And then there's the Pouters.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i really like regular wood pigeons because they always look like fat guilty vicars who've just had an extra cake or something and are trying to play it cool

they are good. unlike gunnerkrigg court which is bad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fatkraken posted:

these posts are not in fact about your favourite pigeon. Please do not make posts that are not about beautiful or otherwise excellent pigeons.
wow way to cherrypick part of the post and cut out the part that WAS about my favorite pigeon(Ryouta <3<3<3) you big fat idiot with a lovely blown up emoticon avatar

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I love this one, she looks like she has the hood up on her tiny pigeon parka. :3:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

i really like regular wood pigeons because they always look like fat guilty vicars who've just had an extra cake or something and are trying to play it cool

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

New Zealand Pigeon. Like a wood pigeon, but the next level.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agatha Crispies
Jan 15, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I love this one, she looks like she has the hood up on her tiny pigeon parka. :3:

Yea, they are super cute when the feathers become a stylish coat! And they look so ridiculous from the side.

Budapest pigeons can look like a Jim Henson critter:

• Locked thread