Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I know more people on Steam so this is why I'm torn

We can talk about the state of aimbots on steam since I visited some forums about that today since I'm into that sorta thing for giggles on free weekends on throwaway accounts.

Long story short should be okay. It's not as vulnerable as MW2 was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dexters Secret posted:

say what you want about all the NPC enemies and poo poo but they do a good job of keeping players moving and not just camping a spot

I was actually really surprised with how open a lot of the areas, especially in the second half of the game, were. Enemies would actually move around and flank you too. Plus there were those mech guys who were kinda like minibosses in some parts.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'll probably be picking this up if there's an imp group.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A campaign with
-AWs movement/open level design/enemy types and behavior
-BO2s loadout selection/unlocks/leaderboards
-WAWs co op and co op modifiers
Would be sincerely loving epic

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexters Secret posted:

say what you want about all the NPC enemies and poo poo but they do a good job of keeping players moving and not just camping a spot

They actually made the campaign not be garbage from what I've played. In game up grades yez

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Widestancer posted:

We can talk about the state of aimbots on steam since I visited some forums about that today since I'm into that sorta thing for giggles on free weekends on throwaway accounts.

Long story short should be okay. It's not as vulnerable as MW2 was.

I didn't see any hackers in Ghosts at all but there were only about <5k on that at any time so w/e

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Widestancer posted:

I'll probably be picking this up if there's an imp group.

If BBG and ZDR end up getting it there easily could be

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I didn't see any hackers in Ghosts at all but there were only about <5k on that at any time so w/e

the most hackers you'll see in a game are when the game just came out.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

Free weekends are where it's at for that my man.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

That's part of what I meant- there were only about 5k people on Ghosts PC at launch iirc

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That's part of what I meant- there were only about 5k people on Ghosts PC at launch iirc

Goddamn

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah the highest I've ever seen it was 9,500 during the first free weekend. That game kind of sucked.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This loadout was the sole thing keeping me playing Ghosts after a while. I think I got from level 24 or so to 60 using nothing BUT this with the exception of 3 or 4 matches lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so do lasers work like real life or star wars

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

so do lasers work like real life or star wars

i haven't unlocked them all but you start with a laser cannon lmg that can fire a continuous beam until it overheats

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This loadout was the sole thing keeping me playing Ghosts after a while. I think I got from level 24 or so to 60 using nothing BUT this with the exception of 3 or 4 matches lol

imagine this but you can basically fly

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Activision is better than EA

like saying AIDS is better than ebola

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Space Pussy posted:

like saying AIDS is better than ebola

but it is :S

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
so is this game fun and will people play it in a few months down the line?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

so is this game fun and will people play it in a few months down the line?

yes from everyone i have talked to they say the game is really fun. the pc community will be dead in a month just like every other CoD game on PC. i dont know anything about the console version

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't own a console, so I will skip this one, like I have since the original Blops

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
it's good you can just jetpack and dodge around like a lunatic hip firing an SMG and do pretty well you don't need to sit places with a rifle when you can leap over tall walls and punch a guy in the back of the head because he forget the game has jetpacks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

yes from everyone i have talked to they say the game is really fun. the pc community will be dead in a month just like every other CoD game on PC.

this is because there are better games to play

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you liked to be knife god in mw2 you're gonna love being knife God bringer of rage in this game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hubby and I just bought this. It's installing now.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
44% installed

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Anyone want to play with me on Xbone? Maybe help me not be last place every round? :smith:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Use the ak bro

Imp edit: learn to master the boost side dodge and forward bunny hop. Those things are important

frank.club fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 6, 2014

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

for a shooter set in the near future, I'm really surprised with how few hexagons there are in this game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

for a shooter set in the near future, I'm really surprised with how few hexagons there are in this game

Also a very annoying lack of giant alien worms, but I'm not done with single player yet so that may change.

• Locked thread