Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdzN72AXXCM&t=160s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i dont care as long as the government doesnt kinkshame my very specific, very illegal fetishes.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a convicted killer and pedo here in nz under his life sentence was allowed out for a
bit and he wscaped to chile

they destroy our freedoms, spy on our metadata and then poo poo like this happen

basically
goes to show spying isn't about preventing anything bad, unless the bad is "piracy" or "snokin weede"

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

echinopsis posted:

convicted killer and pedo here

mods

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

it doesnt even prevent posts

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

a convicted killer and pedo here in nz under his life sentence was allowed out for a
bit and he wscaped to chile

they destroy our freedoms, spy on our metadata and then poo poo like this happen

basically
goes to show spying isn't about preventing anything bad, unless the bad is "piracy" or "snokin weede"

this guy knows about metadata and what it is used for :smugmrgw:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
if the government is really tracking everyone's online habits they're probably just like "holy cow a lot of people are pirating the walking dead"

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

ol qwerty bastard posted:

if the government is really tracking everyone's online habits they're probably just like "holy cow a lot of people are pirating the walking dead"

would pay a lot of money for access to the nsa's lol can you believe this stupid poo poo file.

(someone link my post history)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
by correlating the phone, text, and email metadata around the time of the incident, we were able to determine that Alice was going to break up with Bob nearly a month before the event, and, we believe, over a week before she herself was aware.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
see angry there is proof metadata is all that is necessary for
govt to
murder
your kids

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

but that data didn't identify alice or jimmy or whoever until after the parties were identified by other means :smugmrgw:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

and an fmri can predict what you're about to do, before you know you're going to do it

although all this really says is that the conscious part of your brain is mainly there to play catch-up and make excuses for why you do stuff

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ol qwerty bastard posted:

and an fmri can predict what you're about to do, before you know you're going to do it

although all this really says is that the conscious part of your brain is mainly there to play catch-up and make excuses for why you do stuff

this explains a lot of goonery

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

you know how every week you're like "okay i'm gonna start eating healthy and cooking some good meals for myself" and then all of a sudden you realize you're just about to pay for a shopping cart full of mountain dew, corn chips, and frozen dinners? and it's like the past 45 minutes you've been on autopilot

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what if i find im still eating nice food

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

echinopsis posted:

bit

what

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no seriously it's national headlines today's it's fuckin disgrace

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

but that data didn't identify alice or jimmy or whoever until after the parties were identified by other means :smugmrgw:

lol if u think the SIS or NASA or whomever deletes names becaus it's data and not meta data

"no we didn't record what Alice said to jim, only that it was about a drug deal happening at 1pm at skate park west "

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

life sentence in nz means 14 years or something

he was fuckin crazy dude, ran a mail order business out of jail
somehow, stalked prior victims while
in jail
murdered a victims dad

was allowe out
for a bit [idgi either] and bailed to
Chile on a passport using HIS BIRTH NAME

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

lol if u think the SIS or NASA or whomever deletes names becaus it's data and not meta data

"no we didn't record what Alice said to jim, only that it was about a drug deal happening at 1pm at skate park west "

lol @ our illegal drug free utopia we have then thanks to "My Metadata" :negative:

* opens nz news website

* top story about a life term jailed crim masterminded an escape to frickin south america

* various P busts

* etc.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks metadata that can identify people :thumbsup:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stiff upper lip and all that lads

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

no thast me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

lol @ our illegal drug free utopia we have then thanks to "My Metadata" :negative:

* opens nz news website

* top story about a life term jailed crim masterminded an escape to frickin south america

* various P busts

* etc.

I probly wouldn't mind meta data collection if the govt also only prosecuted ppl
for real crimes like murder and not promoting war on drugs and perpetuating a terrorist agenda

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it is a bit crazy aye? one day we will sit down together over a nice cold glass of water and talk loudly so that the metadata can hear us and all will be revealed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in Australia they made it illegal to be a
whistle blower

shits terrifying

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

its how hard you blow that whistle that can determine the amount of public interest it garners.

Also we are not Australian :smugmrgw:

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

echinopsis posted:

whistle blower

shits terrifying

actually it is legitimately terrifying.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Yeah they have a fuckwit leading their country at the moment. Normality will hopefully resume shortly if the rest of their political establishment can get its poo poo together, or until something major happens that makes the she'll be right/got mine attitude realise how actually loving stupid they have been not lf posting.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol yeah survellienxe laws just get
overturned when new
people come into power

not until a massive meltdown of society occurs again will any real change happen

see the 1% is about
to overtake it's 1929
position of wealth compare to the rest.. yeah another implosion waiting to happen

but until the normies will be the casualties of
the war on freedom which sadly I see far too many people cheering
on

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gotta cheer for someone.

either one piece of poo poo, or another piece of poo poo. Which poo poo to choose?

It is a reason why I am trying to go as self sustaining as possible. Disconnect. There are people near where I live who voted for the gay hating guy. Wall myself away from all the assholes. I dont need em. Except I dont have any solar or wind generators. yet. Or my own communications network. No wait, I got my pico network. poo poo yeah!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wholeheartedly
concur

maybe we do need
to
move
to your place

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Join the commune

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

would pay a lot of money for access to the nsa's lol can you believe this stupid poo poo file.

my own is pretty entertaining and i only watch a little govt network

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

echinopsis posted:

whistle blower

shits terrifying

wait what?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/26/journalists-and-whistleblowers-will-go-to-jail-under-new-national-security-laws

i heard abbott was out of his mind but jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the only sort of activity against its own people a government should engage in is brutal suppression of counter-revolution

• Locked thread