Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Djamba
Aug 9, 2013
Now I don't mean Hot Sauces or Ketchup or any of that, granted also delicious, stuff. I mean real sauces, red wine jus, cheese sauce, mushroom sauce and even the humble gravy...

When not eating my way through a bucket of Chicken wings I tend to love cooking fairly fancy meals for my partner and I when we want a treat meal. I believe that none of these feasts are complete without a good sauce to go along with it. My Top-Of-The-Tree, greatest sauce to create is the classic Red Wine Jus. I love this poo poo on any red meat dish and will make it whenever I get an excuse.

I'm still looking to see what else is about out there....so just like with the wings thread I'd love for you all to throw out some recipes for tasty sauces you make as companions to those signature dishes...

Red Wine Jus

Ingredients

Olive Oil

2 shallots, chopped roughly

175ml port

175ml red wine

1 sprig fresh rosemary

1 bay leaf

750ml beef stock

Salt to taste

2 rounded tablespoons butter

Method

1. Put enough oil in a pan to caramelise the shallots. Add port, wine and herbs. Bring to the boil. Simmer and reduce by half.

2. Add stock and reduce by half again.

3. Taste regularly and add salt if needed.

4. Remove pan from heat and strain through a fine sieve.

5. Return to stove and bring to boil. Remove from heat and add in butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
forums user 'Djamba' I humored your first no effort thread

but please stop

Djamba
Aug 9, 2013
Fair enough - Closing this then.

• Locked thread