Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Depression?
It's good.
It's bad.
It's okay.
View Results

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

Round 2 of the BYOB Opinion Series: Is Depression Good or Bad?

I think depression is Good. It is a powerful force which, when properly harnessed, can be used to write a good Book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Im more of a saddle man myself.

vermeul

Free Acid

Funnypost Collabo posted:

I think depression is Good. It is a powerful force which, when properly harnessed, can be used to write a good Book.

Or a good song.

deep dish peat moss

Has there ever been a monolithic artist or seminal thinker, who wasn't depressed?

GEExCEE

i'm True Neutral on this issue

GEExCEE

Has there ever been a monolithic artist or seminal thinker, who wasn't depressed?

Aristippus, in his famous verse in "Gangsta, Gangsta" off the seminal "Straight Outta Cyrene," is quoted as saying: "Life ain't nothin but bitches and money," and infact, many contemporary philosophers concur with his position.

deep dish peat moss

It's not very well-known, but Plato's Allegory of the Cave was the prototypical depressive theory on how, maybe being dead is great, and we refuse to accept it. However, proving the futility of authorial intent, millennia of scholars have toiled endlessly to find a more psychosalubrious moral in the piece.

Afro Doug

depression is good. the depressions in golf balls lower the air resistance which allows them to fly high into the air

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

:agreed: I use my desire to not be depressed again to push harder @ the gym

everyone should be depressed at least once, good character builder imo

WindmillSlayer

i took of one pant, then the other. i sunk slowly down into the path tub. Aloud I began to speak. I dunno, I said, to no one in particular. I guess depression is ok. I mean. I guess. The tiny cardboard box in my hand was kinda gross. It had been laying on the side of the bathtub for almost 2 weeks. It's ok, said I. I began to run the hot water, and kind of narrate to myself as I did things. Unwrap, prepare, slice.

GEExCEE

whats in the box?

WindmillSlayer

feathers

GEExCEE

huh go figure

deep dish peat moss

Phoneposting, so I can't post a new thread. A homeless guy just tired to sell me heroin at the bus stop and when I said no thanks he said "well I'm gay!" and walked away. I wish I had a video

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
depression is ok, and that is the message we need to be sending to depressed people: it's ok to be sad, everyone get sad every once in a while, but you can't let it control you, because everything will be ok in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute

Depresion is actually bad, IMHO, sad to say

• Locked thread