Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
OK, so.

Got an LG Optimus L90 (What the phone itself says is an LG-D415), with Android 4.4.2 according to my phone. Got it through T-Mobile. Great phone, except for one weird issue: Whenever I'm on a phone call, and I'm trying to use the dialpad (like for when I'm going through automated menus and such), the screen turns off within half a second of pressing the dialpad button - which means, naturally, it doesn't accept my touching the screen to push buttons on the dialpad. It turns on if I wiggle the phone, but only for a half a second.

Makes calling even T-Mobile tech support a difficult proposition.

They said to return the phone for a new one, but as I have a horde of apps on this phone that I wouldn't know how to find again (though it isn't jailbroken), I'm reluctant to do that. (Also, I can't drive...and since returning the phone means bugging someone who can drive to take me to the T-Mobile store, it's a pain in the rear end.)

So, I figured I'd ask here:

1. Has *anybody* else seen this issue?
2. What the heck could cause it?
3. Any other fixes besides returning the phone (since I'm doubting that the issue won't just reoccur)?

I already tried a Master Reset of the phone as suggested to me by T-Mobile. It didn't fix the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread