Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which one gayboes
BG2, I prefer elves and big-dicked orcs
Fallout, I prefer ghouls and big-dicked super mutants
they're both excellent games in their own right and god drat you for trying to make me choose between them
ummm ACTUALLY the super mutants were sterile IDIOT
both are gay but not as gay as the OP (me, I'm gay)
View Results

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Razakai posted:

arcanum is the best fallout game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I'm not going to pretend that Arcanum is a good game even though I enjoy it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sombrerotron posted:

maybe he was thinking of an elder scrolls game

no see he said "you just click on an enemy and autoattack, it's basically an mmo"

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

friend told me baldur's gate is essentially a single player mmo and therefore trash

lolllllll

it's just like an mmo, except single-player and offline. a "single-player, offline rpg", if you can imagine such a thing

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sub-Actuality posted:

it's just like an mmo, except single-player and offline. a "single-player, offline rpg", if you can imagine such a thing

i cant'

Dec 26, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

I'm not going to pretend that Arcanum is a good game even though I enjoy it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Arcanum is bad.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i want to like arcanum but i hate the combat and most of the characters

i like the concept and elaborate character creator though

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Ragg posted:

Arcanum is bad.

I liked it a lot more with your mod.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Ragg posted:

Arcanum is bad.

perhaps the same could be said of all isometric rpgs

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

We should all replay World of Xeen instead.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

The uninstall mod?

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

fallout 2 is the worst of the mainline games :colbert:

This but the exact opposite

Razakai posted:

arcanum is the best fallout game

Also this

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

DICKHEAD posted:

Same.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Pewdiepie posted:

The uninstall mod?

The mod what shows requirements for dialogue checks

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
all i remember about playing arcanum was punching logs until i bled to death

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

The mod what shows requirements for dialogue checks

that sounds really good actually, could you please link it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

uhm how can you say that two flawless art pieces are in any way inferior to anything thing even eachother frankly OP im offended

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

01011001 posted:

that sounds really good actually, could you please link it

I dunno if i even have it on mep c.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I dug up the Arcanum Dialogue Mod.

Teh information is prepended to the dialogue line in [] square brackets. the format is xy:z where xy is a two letter code (in for int, pp for pick pocket), and z is the minimum value for the conversation option to show up (if the number is negative then its the maximum value). Also Rxy:z refers to skill ranks, ie apprentice, expert etc. If theres more than one thing its comma separated. And uhh. In NPC lines it'll show a bunch of stuff usually, because it shows the potential stat requirements for all pc response lines. So like, if its possible to use either persuasion or charm to respond to an npc, it'll say something like [ps:x,ch:y]

It doesnt show npc line information for stupid pc response lines (int 4 or less) and its a bit goofy with ranges, like if your pick pocket has to be between 5 and 12 or some poo poo, but it works its just a bit clunky in that area.

You need to have the unofficial patch with extra content installed, i mean, It might work without it but it might also horribly break a quest or something cuz the right flag isnt being set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SIwVjdj4FQRDkweElTcTl3Rk0/view?usp=sharing

Just extract it to your arcanum folder and overwrite

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
if aerie dies and u dont revive her what happens to the baby

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I played thru the whle game, and i think DICKHEAD did also, with the mod, so it should work, i completed everything iirc

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

I dug up the Arcanum Dialogue Mod.

Teh information is prepended to the dialogue line in [] square brackets. the format is xy:z where xy is a two letter code (in for int, pp for pick pocket), and z is the minimum value for the conversation option to show up (if the number is negative then its the maximum value). Also Rxy:z refers to skill ranks, ie apprentice, expert etc. If theres more than one thing its comma separated. And uhh. In NPC lines it'll show a bunch of stuff usually, because it shows the potential stat requirements for all pc response lines. So like, if its possible to use either persuasion or charm to respond to an npc, it'll say something like [ps:x,ch:y]

It doesnt show npc line information for stupid pc response lines (int 4 or less) and its a bit goofy with ranges, like if your pick pocket has to be between 5 and 12 or some poo poo, but it works its just a bit clunky in that area.

You need to have the unofficial patch with extra content installed, i mean, It might work without it but it might also horribly break a quest or something cuz the right flag isnt being set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SIwVjdj4FQRDkweElTcTl3Rk0/view?usp=sharing

Just extract it to your arcanum folder and overwrite

Ragg posted:

I played thru the whle game, and i think DICKHEAD did also, with the mod, so it should work, i completed everything iirc

sounds good. thanks a lot

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

01011001 posted:

sounds good. thanks a lot

You have to report back.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

closeted republican posted:

if aerie dies and u dont revive her what happens to the baby

it's assumed to have died with the blow that killed her.

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

You have to report back.

im gonna get it all set up now so i will once i get it up and working properly

Dec 26, 2012

so far so good, it seems to be showing up properly in the virgil convo at start. just to make sure i understand what you said, negative means a dialogue line triggered a stat below a certain amount?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

01011001 posted:

so far so good, it seems to be showing up properly in the virgil convo at start. just to make sure i understand what you said, negative means a dialogue line triggered a stat below a certain amount?

Yea. That usually means if you get to that stat level you get a different line. The text might be the same but the outcome would be different

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
mods please change title to arcanum modding megastation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

Yea. That usually means if you get to that stat level you get a different line. The text might be the same but the outcome would be different

one thing i noticed is that the 500 gold-wager trivia in taverns is now really easy because most of the wrong answers are dependent on int

not that it wasnt eminently abusable before of course but still

• Locked thread