Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
What is Drugrunners?

It is a browser based game where you grow, deal, steal drugs, and more.

http://www.drugrunners.net/

If you wish to join me post here and I can invite you to the Cartel. I need ideas for a name.

My characters are: Pitrolo, TheRisk, and JohnVault.

Feel free to send me a contact request. Tell me you are a goon.

The below was shamefully copy pasted from their terrible wiki. I used to play this game years ago and it was a lot of fun. If anyone wants to join me I can create a Cartel. This game sucks to play alone so I am looking for other goons to join me. You can play at your own pace so it is a pretty good game for us that have long hours at work.

The Basics

Game Events
The DR world revolves around timed events that affect all players in the game at the same time. These timed events control drug production, drug sales, ho income, banking interest income, etc.

Player Interaction

Players interact with each other in many different ways:

Buying and Selling drugs from contacts Attacking either contacts or players on your investigated list Working and strategizing with cartelmates Banking with banker contacts Cartel and Public (also referred to as "mullet") Chat

Building Your Character
Similar to many games, the primary goal in DR is to build your character (and if you are in a cartel, to help build your cartelmates).

Protecting Your Assets!
One of the biggest challenges to DR is not making money, but in defending your drugs, cash, and hoes safe from other players. Be sure to read the morale section for a full understanding of how morale works in the game. It is the most important element of being safe and prospering in the world of DR!

If At First You Don't Succeed ...
DR is a round-based game which means at periodic intervals the game is reset. This is especially helpful for new players who are just learning the game because a new round starts up about every 2 months giving them a chance to compete on even footing with the more experienced veteran players.

Quick Start Guide
First Hour

Economy First! As a new player, you have to focus on making money. This means go out and buy yourself some closet crops and single dealers.

For your first 2 days, your farming items will produce drugs every 30 minutes and your dealers will sell drugs every 30 minutes. After your first 2 days, you switch to the normal hourly growing/sales cycles that all players are on.

For first-time players, you'll want to try to keep your drug production and your drug sales at about the same rate for this first day or two. This will change as you develop more contacts and gradually focus on either growing or selling.

DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON OFFENSIVE, DEFENSIVE ITEMS TOO EARLY! This is probably the biggest mistake a n00b will make and it crushes their early economic growth.

After you've spent your opening cash on farming and sales items, take a look around the DR Menu, get familiar with where different features can be found. The first day is usually pretty slow, just buying and selling. Be sure to check out the public chat where you can smack talk with other players, ask for help and talk about anything.

First Day

The first day, your goal is to get your money making empire off the ground. You'll want to concentrate on aquiring contacts to buy or sell your drugs too. If you're growing drugs, make sure you have a lot of Corporate Salesman, Corrupt Lawyer, and Gangster? contacts. Likewise, if you're a buyer, you'll want Farmer contacts.

Most of the hard work will be done in the first couple of days. The first day is just buying and/or selling drugs, and then buying more farming or selling items as you get more cash. Its rare that anyone will steal from you the first day. Stealing is not allowed until your score is above 10,000, for most players this does not happen until the second or third day.

Building Your Trusted Contacts Network - To get the most out of the game, you're going to want to make some contacts with other players in the game. You can then buy and sell drugs with them to help keep the money rolling in.

Investigating Players - Click on the My Neighborhood and select players and send your informants to investigate them. Now on the my contacts screen you'll see them under your Investigated list. You can use this list to see when they are weak and ripe for an attack!

First Week

It's time to start putting your class specific strenghts to good use and maximizing the use of the contacts you've been making. If you choose to be a seller (i.e. selling to the public, not necessarily other players) you'll want lots of farmer contacts. The opposite is true if you choose to be a grower, you'll want seller contacts. You'll also want to buy a few Prestige? items to boost your Prestige score.

Joining a Cartel - Drugrunners is absolutely a team game. Each class has its various strengths and weaknesses and when players come together as a team they get the most out of their characters. As a new player, take a look at the cartels that are recruiting and find one that's a good match for your style of play. There are many advantages to being in a cartel but the trick is finding one that matches your personality.

Classes

Farmer

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL NEW PLAYERS

Excels at growing and maintaining a higher crop quality than other players
Has sole access to the best farms in the game.

Corporate Salesman

No other class can move as much product on the streets
Excellent builder class
Can generate more money from sales than other classes

Investment Banker

Excels in keeping money safe.
Safes hold double the amount of money as other classes

Pimp

RECOMMENDED FOR EXPERIENCED PLAYERS ONLY

Make money from ho running rather than from drug dealing