Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which NBA team could UK probably beat?
This poll is closed.
Lakers 7 10.14%
Sixers 11 15.94%
Nuggets 1 1.45%
None of them, this is the stupidest ESPN meme ever 50 72.46%
Total: 63 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

SDSU withstood Haws making literally every three he took and survived a 92-87 double OT win, and will take on Pitt tonight.

My lord, death to BYU

I don't think they even have Mika right now (mission?). That team of 40 year Olds is always tough. Just one more year of Haws and then I'm sure they'll spawn another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

thompson posted:

I don't think they even have Mika right now (mission?). That team of 40 year Olds is always tough. Just one more year of Haws and then I'm sure they'll spawn another one.

They don't loving age. Haws was on the team when Jimmer was a JUNIOR

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Wazzu is poo poo, again, and will be for at least another 2 years at which point we might bump up incrementally to piss

but hey we beat idaho state by 12. lmao :negative:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

They don't loving age. Haws was on the team when Jimmer was a JUNIOR

I'm assuming he went on a mission somewhere in there.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Here lies Iowa State. They let the other team score.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't know why I like lovely basketball games so much, but I sure can't wait to go see IUPUI play Drake tonight.

This game went just as expected, Drake looked mediocre and IUPUI looked like poo poo, but it was a college basketball game, so it owned.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

Here lies Iowa State. They let the other team score.

I wasn't able to see the game, but looking at the stats, ISU shot under 30% for the night, when they shot like 50% against Alabama. Was it good D by Maryland, or could ISU just not make a shot?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Meltathon posted:

I wasn't able to see the game, but looking at the stats, ISU shot under 30% for the night, when they shot like 50% against Alabama. Was it good D by Maryland, or could ISU just not make a shot?

You can never underestimate Big 10 defense

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Meltathon posted:

ISU couldn't make a shot and eventually they let themselves get frustrated and stopped playing Hoiball.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida's offense is so bad. It's just Kasey Hill running down the court and losing the ball, or dudes taking ridiculous contested shots.

I miss our seniors.

matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.
https://vine.co/v/O1LwlZBzda3

Perkins with a broken jaw, out indefinitely. Not even a flagrant 1 called.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Good News: Arizona beat SDSU.

SDSU-Arizona is the best out-of-conference basketball rivalry this side of the Mississippi. Seriously, it should be played every year, and SDSU is probably better than any of Arizona's conference opponents. It's also in San Diego, which is where all Tucsonans take vacations.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

SDSU-Arizona is the best out-of-conference basketball rivalry this side of the Mississippi. Seriously, it should be played every year, and SDSU is probably better than any of Arizona's conference opponents. It's also in San Diego, which is where all Tucsonans take vacations.
This would be a pretty awesome yearly rivalry, actually.

I kind of want the Aztecs to make a Final Four or two so that they get taken seriously as a basketball power. At the very least it'd be neat.

In actual N:, apparently UCLA is working on a home-and-home with UK? Sure, why not.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
ISU losing to Maryland makes me unhappy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Good News: Arizona beat SDSU.

It's not a rivalry until we can win a couple of them.

We've been so close :(

But yeah I love watching the two teams play. I think both teams have a lot of respect for each other and both teams benefit from playing the game

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

It's not a rivalry until we can win a couple of them.

I think I understand how you feel on that one.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
N: I cursed myself by saying Wake didn't have a :wtf: loss yet, as we just dropped one at home to Delaware freaking State.

V:

We’ve looked SO much better than that in the past. Even in the loss to Iona, I felt like they looked pretty good. This game…I’ll just say I’ve never been angrier at a game. Those watching on ESPN3 probably heard me. Was I obnoxious? Maybe. But it’s not my fault it sounded like a library otherwise. I was trying to get the team pumped up, so freaking sue me. :colbert:

I don’t wanna dog a post-Thanksgiving crowd too much, but come on. The crowd is full of old people sitting on their hands and reading books and stuff and it's really annoying. :mad: I wasn't using obscenities or anything, either. I’ve never been angrier because I know the team is capable of better. A lot better. It was our 6th game in 10 days, but talk about gross.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I didn't see that game, so now I'm just imagining the commentators trying to nonstop chatter about college football and tryptophan and the new Star Wars trailer to drain out SamuriaFoochs screaming repeatedly, "GET AFTER IT, YOU loving FUCKS!" as it echos through the arena.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State apparently keeps doing just enough to win, they'll get torn apart at Purdue in the Challenge but other than that might go into full ACC play in decent shape.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Those watching on ESPN3

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

NC State apparently keeps doing just enough to win, they'll get torn apart at Purdue in the Challenge but other than that might go into full ACC play in decent shape.

I largely copy/pasted that from a comment on a Wake blog which is why that was in there. I'm tired and bummed out cut me some slack :(

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I largely copy/pasted that from a comment on a Wake blog which is why that was in there. I'm tired and bummed out cut me some slack :(

Sorry man, honestly I really expected State to lose tonight and I'm worried because under the rules of State fandom that means it's just storing up for something much worse down the road.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

I didn't see that game, so now I'm just imagining the commentators trying to nonstop chatter about college football and tryptophan and the new Star Wars trailer to drain out SamuriaFoochs screaming repeatedly, "GET AFTER IT, YOU loving FUCKS!" as it echos through the arena.

This mental image brings me much joy by the way, thank you. :3: No profanities from me though, unless GOD counts, which granted, North Carolina.

It was mostly pained AAAAAARGH sounds more than anything. And occasional rants about inconsistent calls or leaving guys open or missed easy layups. :(

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ISU losing to Maryland makes me unhappy.

You and me both.

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
James Blackmin is really good guys

The rest of IU is not

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
VCU lost to Old Dominion. As a Virginia fan, I'm not sure hot to feel. Happy to see Jones and Stith succeeding as coaches, and happy that VCU is a winnable game for us next week. But our strength of schedule takes a hit with this.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

VCU lost to Old Dominion. As a Virginia fan, I'm not sure hot to feel. Happy to see Jones and Stith succeeding as coaches, and happy that VCU is a winnable game for us next week. But our strength of schedule takes a hit with this.

Not really. VCU is going to waltz their conference title and be like a three or four seed.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

VCU could also lose at Illinois State next time out, but neither of those games will affect how hard they come after UVA at home next week, especially with Virginia coming off another trap game at Maryland. (Thanks, ESPN.) If the Cavaliers win only one of those two, it'll still be a good week.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Not really. VCU is going to waltz their conference title and be like a three or four seed.

Also this.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Virginia allowed Rutgers to score 8 points in the 2nd half. A defense like that can make up for a bad night on offense.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Virginia beat Rutgers 45-26. Try Tony Bennett for crimes against basketball.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Imposing our will loving rules :dealwithit:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

ACC looks to be a gauntlet this year. Top of the conference appears to be absolutely stacked

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
I have no opinions on ODU beating VCU. Virginia Tech has no size inside and is going to get beat there pretty often but I like where Buzz has the team going.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Pretty pumped to watch Texas vs. Kentucky. I can't imagine Texas will win (especially without Taylor), but I wonder how they will fare compared to Kansas.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Heaf posted:

I have no opinions on ODU beating VCU.

I have many :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685042