Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

either someone started trolling websites by sending quotes from the "Hatred" trailer or we are on the post-irony world

http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-unity-history-controversy-politicians/ posted:

However, it can’t be denied that the depiction of Robespierre in Assassin’s Creed Unity veers into maniacal supervillain territory. Independent.ie offers up this choice quote as an example of the game’s subtle and nuanced characterisation of the historical figure:

“I detest this filthy world which is nothing but a carcass on which mankind feeds like worms… I want to kill as many people as possible… My genocidal crusade begins here and now.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
this never happens in the game and Robespierre is just another templar dude so it's pretty funny people are so gullible.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I would forgive all of Unity's errors if they made a major character say that, yeah

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's maybe the best thing robespierre could possibly say in a video game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Did anyone see the movie Danton that was a good movie.

Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."

quote:

Alexis Corbière, national secretary of the left party, said that "the game was conveying all the counter-revolutionary clichés that have been forged for two centuries".[39] He added "To everyone who's gonna buy Assassin's Creed Unity, I wish you a nice time. But I also tell you that having fun doesn't prevent you from thinking. Just play it, but don't let yourself be manipulated by the propaganda"

Don't let yourself be manipulated by propaganda and counter-revolutionary clichés. The Revolution was pretty great guys. Let's not lose our heads over this.

Dec 26, 2012

zeal posted:

that's maybe the best thing robespierre could possibly say in a video game

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Ya that doesn't sound like Robespierre. I had to read a bunch of his poo poo in a lengthy course on the French Revolution, and while he hated the rich, he certainly wasn't all genocidal. (at least not like that)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

he was ftw irl as well

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Zak2k12 posted:

Don't let yourself be manipulated by propaganda and counter-revolutionary clichés. The Revolution was pretty great guys. Let's not lose our heads over this.

It was great. Yes.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Zak2k12 posted:

the revolution and the reign of terror are two different things.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The reign of terror was dope.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

"check yo coinpurse or get 'tined" - robespierre

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thomas Jefferson's tree of liberty quote was in response to the Reign of Terror

Robespierre 2016

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

either someone started trolling websites by sending quotes from the "Hatred" trailer or we are on the post-irony world

Thats what he said IRL too. Except it was in french.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

FreudianSlippers posted:

The reign of terror was dope.

Bioshock Infinite was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Robespierre tried to blow his brains before he was arrested but he hosed up and show his jaw off (Assassin's Creed refers to this)

He had his face all bandaged up when they put him in the guillotine face-up - the executioner ripped the bandage off and Robespierre screamed in agony before they dropped the blade

:black101:

• Locked thread