Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxwalt
Aug 10, 2013

by Ralp
If anyone here has ever seen UHF, a movie made in the 80's by "Weird" Al Yankovic, you probably remember the scene where he makes a "Twinkie Dog." What the gently caress is a Twinkie dog, you ask? Well, here, have a gander at the recipe:

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/146034/twinkie-weiner-sandwich/

Not much to it, really. A boiled hot dog served in a "bun" that is actually a Twinkies(tm) brand snack cake, with a stripe of Cheez Whiz on top. Sound gross? Well, that's because it is. But in a really good way. The saltiness of the hot dog, the sweet cream filling and the sponge cake really compliment each other. And the Cheez Whiz adds a dimension that is hard to describe, yet somehow brings it all together and makes the whole into more than just the sum of the parts.

I eat these as a treat from time to time. I've made them for parties. Despite initial misgivings, most of my friends have at least tried them. And a few now request them at their gatherings!

Let's make and eat Twinkie dogs! Start with the classic recipe, or put your own twist on it...kraut, relish, chocolate, go hog wild!

Here is a picture of me, eating one a while back at a friend's birthday party.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giacomo
Mar 11, 2008

I like to put a couple fresh slices of american cheese between two honey buns and make grilled cheese.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

:barf:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oxwalt how do you feel about Chickencheese?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
That's not a twinkie dog. That's a Twinkie Wiener Sandwich. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAPO
Apr 24, 2014

by Ralp

EVG posted:

That's not a twinkie dog. That's a Twinkie Wiener Sandwich. :colbert:

You are right. Have you had one?

weekly font posted:

Oxwalt how do you feel about Chickencheese?

I don't know what that is.

• Locked thread